PDA

View Full Version : Armando Iannucci

Heath
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Any fans of this fantastic man? I love his spoof documentary programmes The Day Today and Time Trumpet though a lot of people seem to have never watched either of them. Keep meaning to actually watch The Thick of It but simply never gotten around to it. For those who have actually seen anything by him, what do you think is the best show he's done?

Cz
09-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Iannucci's a bloody genius, and I love everything he's ever done. The Thick Of It's definitely worth seeing if you get the chance, but I'd say the best thing he's done is The Armando Iannucci Show a few years back. I think the DVD came out about a year ago, so buy it if you get the chance.

charliepanayi
09-16-2007, 02:36 PM
He's definitely done some great stuff - does anyone remember The Friday Night Armistice, which he did with David Schneider and Peter Baynham? That was hilarious in places. Cool to see him narrating the Comics Britannia show on at the moment.

Heath
09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
David Schneider really isn't in enough things. I did smile to see him in a serious role in 28 Days Later though!

I was going to watch that special of The Thick of It that was on a couple of months back but I thought I'd rather watch everything that came before it first. I'll have to have look around for the DVDs next I'm out in town.

Captain Maxx Power
09-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I prefer Chris Morris.

blim
09-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I used to enjoy The thick of it, though i'm not sure i could in the same way now.

Rengori
09-17-2007, 11:58 PM
I know not who you speak of.

Then don't post, poophead. :p ~Levian