PDA

View Full Version : How far did you get the first time...

Innocent Dimande
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
...before everyone in your party was KO'ed?
I just started playing FF1 this weekend and I was dead before I fought the boss in the Temple of Chaos.

Xurts
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
My party was never KOed.

09-17-2007, 10:50 PM
After you cross the bridge in the beginning the monsters make a huge leap in difficulty. If you take a wrong turn trying to get to the next town you'll be lucky to make it there alive. I think I almost always die once or twice making that journey.

Brennan
09-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Never
maybe once in FF2
but not once in FF1

Nugget Mage
09-18-2007, 12:18 AM
In the woods around corneria.
I don't know what the hell was happening, I went to kill monsters withouth buying any equipment first, and I got killed by a party of imps.

Quite pro.

gothic_fantasy
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I only die when I get ambushed by an army of specters that paralyse you when they hit you. I don't know why I don't just give up and reset instead of sitting there sweating watching my characters slowly getting beaten to death but silently hoping one will recover and be able to run away...which never happens cos they just get hit and paralysed again. Other than that I hardly ever die.

Vermachtnis
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
I only die when I get ambushed by an army of specters that paralyse you when they hit you. I don't know why I don't just give up and reset instead of sitting there sweating watching my characters slowly getting beaten to death but silently hoping one will recover and be able to run away...which never happens cos they just get hit and paralysed again. Other than that I hardly ever die.

Same here, in that stupid cave outside of Elfland.

ReloadPsi
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I think it may have happened somewhere on the way to Pravoka.

ValiantKnight
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
me thinks these are good places to die(most of these places I've had one member get KOed, but not all 4):

- Upgrade to ogres just over the bridge
- Undead outside/in the marsh cave, think you can get 9 outside and stun/paralyze
- Wizards(high attack power, but not terrible hard)
- Sailing to somewhere other than melmond and especially if you get the canoe and go searching(river monsters are... rough)
- The ice cave, take your pick of Fire3/Bane/Birds-Stone/Undead-Stun(2x full party KOed here :) )
- Wraiths/Ghost models in the sea shrine.. TONS of attack
- Warmech

That's about all I can think of offhand as tough jumps.

Innocent Dimande
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Damn, it seems no one is as pitiful as me...ah, well...
I am taking note of these places to avoid when I start playing again.

ValiantKnight
09-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Note that melmond is not reached until after you get the ship, and see a story event which unlocks new area....

Peter_20
09-20-2007, 05:02 AM
I didn't know that you should buy equipment, so I kept fighting the Imps without it, and I died all the time.

Rase
09-21-2007, 05:24 AM
I got lost on the way to Pravoka.

Sefie1999AD
09-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure if I got a game over once in the Marsh Cave during my first game. On other games, I've got a game over several times in the peninsula NE of Pravoka and in the Ice Cave.

- The ice cave, take your pick of Fire3/Bane/Birds-Stone/Undead-Stun(2x full party KOed here :) )

IIRC, my Fighter/Black Belt/White Mage/Black Mage party didn't get through the Ice Cave alive until my 7th try or so, and that was in the WSC version. That was extremely frustrating. My Fighter/Thief/Red Mage/White Mage party made it through the Ice Cave without ever dying, though.

Lawr
09-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Come to think of it, I've never gotten a GameOver ever.

Hazzard
09-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Come to think of it, I've never gotten a GameOver ever.

You should try it. It builds determination and character. ;)

Dionysus
09-23-2007, 07:38 PM
...before everyone in your party was KO'ed?
I just started playing FF1 this weekend and I was dead before I fought the boss in the Temple of Chaos.

I can't exactly remember how, but the same thing happened to me. That was the only time my party was wiped out, though.

Heath
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I definitely got lost en route to Pravoka and died at least once or twice. Fun stuff. The NES version is really quite difficult compared to the GBA version.

Azalar
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I played none stop to the Temple of Chaos, when you fight the Young Garland aka Chaos.
And now I keep dieing.

Bowser
10-11-2007, 02:17 AM
The cave near Elfland was a nightmare for me. I also died when I was going to Pravoka for the first time. :(

Realm25
11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I never have these problems, because I exp grind a LOT. I like being over powered. I guess depending on your play style that might sound cheap, but for me it makes it more enjoyable. I like just ripping through mobs.

Creeping Shadow
12-08-2007, 11:26 AM
The first time I got KO'ed was against chaos at the end.

ljkkjlcm9
12-08-2007, 12:40 PM
most definitely the Marsh Cave. I think I lost two characters against the wizard, and on the way back, two got paralyzed and slowly widdled down to nothing.

On following journeys, my Fighter would be the only one to live, and even fight a GrOgre and two Ogres on the way back and win the battle lol

Fighter ftw

THE JACKEL

snacks
12-08-2007, 04:07 PM
FF1 was indeed the first RPG type game I had played (besides CT along time ago) so I had no idea what I was doing. I'm pretty sure I died more times than I can count but the problem was since I didn't know what I was doing, I had all the time in the world to level up.

So by the time i actually figured things out I was already massively over-leveled. Which makes for a kind of boring game for the first bit of it.