PDA

View Full Version : The Great Postcard Caper!

fire_of_avalon
09-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi, I'm foa! You might remember me from such great things as being a Cid's Knight and kicking your asses, or last year's Christmas Card exchange. Well I have more fun things planned for right now. The Great Postcard Caper!

Here is the basic idea. Those of you who want to participate will send me your names and addresses. I will put you into random groups of four or five people. The fun part is I will not include their EoFF names. I will only give you full legal names, or in the case of more popular members, pre-screened aliases and their addresses. Your member name will also be concealed from your group members. Your job is to select a postcard and mail it to your group members after listing a number of clues on the back of your postcard. If you can swing it, you can also use the image of the post card itself as a clue to your identity.

When you receive your postcards, go over the clues carefully. When you think you have the identity of your teammates figured out, PM them to me! I will tell you whether or not you're right. You won't win anything, but you'll feel like a smarty!

Of course, when I divide the groups I will place myself into one. However I will not participate in my group's guessing game, as I'll already have all the member names. I'll just be sending them fun postcards. Below are the rules.

1) All submissions for participation should be received by no later than SEPTEMBER 28th, 8:00 P.M. EST. I can't be arsed to do the conversions. You figure it out yourself.

2) You must be willing and able to send out postcards to up to FIVE PEOPLE INTERNATIONALLY. In the US a postcard can go from $0.10 to a few bucks. I'll be using $0.25 postcards probably. Your local post office can help you out with international postage, but I'd say be willing to spend at least $10.00 USD. I can't be arsed to do the conversions. You figure it out yourself. IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD THIS, DO NOT PARTICIPATE. I understand that it sucks, believe me I do, but it isn't fair to get mail from everyone else and not send any out.

3) You are ultimately responsible for giving out your home address to people on the internet. THIS IS A RISK. I've participated in several mass mailings through these forums and nothing bad has ever happened to me. This, however, doesn't mean it COULDN'T happen. I also reserve the right to refuse participation to any member without prior notice and with no explanation. You don't like it? Tough cookies. Try and fight me on it.

4) DO NOT HARASS ANYONE THROUGH THE MAIL. If you receive a postcard or letter with rude, obscene or threatening content TELL ME IMMEDIATELY. In the United States this type of harassment is against the law and you bet your ass I will report the name and address of the suspected person to their local authorities. I don't deal with that kind of bullcrap and I don't expect anyone else to either. DO NOT SEND RUDE, OBSCENE OR THREATENING MATERIAL THROUGH THE MAIL. I'll say it again, I WILL REPORT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO THE POLICE WHEN I FIND OUT ABOUT IT.

Also, I'll ban you so fast you'll fall out of your chair.

I want this to be a pleasant and fun experience for everyone involved. The point of this is to have fun, to learn more about your friends, gain some collectibles and most of all to de-stress. This should not be something that stresses you out. It should be a good time. Discuss in this thread, ask questions and if you want to ask something privately, feel free to PM me.

Wahoo!

escobert
09-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Awwwwww I can't be mean to people :(!

Araciel
09-18-2007, 09:49 AM
i'm not smart enough to participate.

Peegee
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll play along. Now to decide whether I'm just popular or conceited because I will be giving an alias.

Old Manus
09-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Also, I'll ban you so fast you'll fall out of your chair. I was cool with the FBI turning up at my door until I saw this

Peegee
09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Also, I'll ban you so fast you'll fall out of your chair. I was cool with the FBI turning up at my door until I saw this

No worries, just make a second account

Disclaimer: making second account is not allowed and also if you are reading this I like pikamons

Værn
09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
So, we'll be collecting clues from the postcards and resending them to the rest of our group?

fire_of_avalon
09-19-2007, 01:20 AM
So, we'll be collecting clues from the postcards and resending them to the rest of our group?

No. You'll keep the post cards. You'll just collect the clues from your card and try to figure out who the person is.

No one likes this game. :(

Freya
09-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Hmm i'm willing to try but as of right now, i'm too lazy to send a pm to foa.

oddler
09-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Don't cry, foa. (Or The Fonz, for that matter.) I'm in. :choc2:

Peegee
09-19-2007, 02:27 AM

No. You'll keep the post cards. You'll just collect the clues from your card and try to figure out who the person is.

No one likes this game. :(

I signed up. Are there any more?

D:

theundeadhero
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I would sign up if I wasn't so totally obvious. Mine would be the address that says:

x
x
x
Iraq.

My postcard would be the one with the drawn on stamp with free postage written under it.

Levian
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Excellent idea, foa. It sounds like fun, but for the same reasons as tuh, I can't participate. I totally would if I was Americun or British though.

fire_of_avalon
09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Don't spam in my thread.

And tuh and Lev, I assure you there are some people on this forum who will have no idea who you are, probably. Come ooooon sign up. :( And make your friends sign up.

Jess
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I'd sign up but I'm a poor student right now~

sorry! I'd like to do it next time if there is one! :jess:

Psychotic
09-19-2007, 10:07 PM
I would sign up if I wasn't so totally obvious. Mine would be the address that says:

x
x
x
Iraq.

My postcard would be the one with the drawn on stamp with free postage written under it.
Excellent idea, foa. It sounds like fun, but for the same reasons as tuh, I can't participate. I totally would if I was Americun or British though.Why don't the pair of you do it just for fun, then?
I'd sign up but I'm a poor student right now~It'll probably cost less than a fiver!

STOP BEING APATHETIC YOU GOD DAMNED SONS OF TELEGRAPH POLES.

Jess
09-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I'd sign up but I'm a poor student right now~It'll probably cost less than a fiver!

STOP BEING APATHETIC YOU GOD DAMNED SONS OF TELEGRAPH POLES.
I'm into my last £30 and I have no job. A fiver is a lot to me right now. xD

If I get the job I applied for before this kicks off then I'll probably do it. :jess:

fire_of_avalon
09-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Just so everyone knows, I probably won't be kicking this off until, at earliest, the second week of October. That's when I'll have enough money to do it. xD So if those of you who aren't participating think you can save up enough cash by then, go ahead and send me your info. I can always drop you from the groups later on if it turns out you don't have the money.

oddler
09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Okay. So, right now, I'm pretty sure I know it's either going to be PG or Psy. :holmes:

Freya
09-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Otay i'ma in, i decided to send foa mys info.

DK
09-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Sounds like a laugh, really. I'll give it a shot. :}

Peegee
09-20-2007, 05:02 AM
I think one of the clues will be the people who go 'ya i is gonna sign up I will' in this thread....so um...easymode epics?

41-Inches-Wide
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
LOLOL I'll start asking the international mail fee for postcards because I have no idea how much is that

SammieBabe
09-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm looking forward to this..:)

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Well. Everyone sucks and only like three people ever sent me stuff. So instead of the guessing game, we're just gonna send everyone post cards. YAY.

So if you haven't given me your address, do it now. I want to send out lists by the end of the week.

oddler
10-01-2007, 02:44 AM
:excited:

Psychotic
10-01-2007, 02:50 AM
I only have five postcards, Megan! That was the DEAL, sis!

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2007, 03:03 AM
deal changed.

Psychotic
10-01-2007, 03:11 AM
I AINT SENDIN' MORE THAN FIVE I AINT GOT NO MORE THAN FIVE YOU SHOULDA TOLD ME I NEEDED MORE THAN FIVE NUH-UH THIS AINT COOL I AINT COOL WITH THIS.

I hope my caps lock and long sentence made you rethink your campaign of no-good.

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Nope. Still up to no-gooding.

Psychotic
10-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Then some people are going to be very disappointed and it'll be all YOUR fault!

KoShiatar
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I found about this too late. é_è

SammieBabe
10-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Then some people are going to be very disappointed and it'll be all YOUR fault!

MAYBE SOME PEOPLE DONT WANT YOUR SMELLY POSTCARDS!!!

oddler
10-02-2007, 02:08 AM

Is it too late? Jump on in and give foa a shout. Gimme gimme postcards.

fire_of_avalon
10-02-2007, 02:10 AM

You can play if you want. :)

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I have addresses for Sammie, Psychotic, oddler and Lekana. and myself. The rest of you have exactly ONE WEEK to get your addresses in or we're playing without you. Jerks.

Peegee
10-09-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I smurfing being gaving you my address. Seriously, can you confirm?

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
And PG.

Chemical
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I still need to send out my Xmas cards from last year >_>;;;

ONE DAY!

Peegee
10-19-2007, 07:41 PM
And PG.

<3

I can't wait for this! ~squee~

I've been thinking of subverting FOA and just sending poastcards to random EoFFers through private exchange. Ror.

oddler
10-27-2007, 03:41 AM
I AM READY FOR LETTERS, FOA. :greenie:

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
SHUT UP it's coming soon! i swear!

Peegee
10-29-2007, 02:03 PM
I can't wait yaaaaay

/squeeeeeee

fire_of_avalon
11-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, addresses sent out! Sorry it took so long. The EoFF Christmas Card Drive will be starting up pretty soon! Be on the lookout!