PDA

View Full Version : Yeah about the end of the world...

Fonzie
09-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Mystery illness strikes after meteorite hits Peruvian village - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070918/sc_afp/peruhealthoffbeat)

LIMA (AFP) - Villagers in southern Peru were struck by a mysterious illness after a meteorite made a fiery crash to Earth in their area, regional authorities said Monday.

Around midday Saturday, villagers were startled by an explosion and a fireball that many were convinced was an airplane crashing near their remote village, located in the high Andes department of Puno in the Desaguadero region, near the border with Bolivia.

Residents complained of headaches and vomiting brought on by a "strange odor," local health department official Jorge Lopez told Peruvian radio RPP.

Seven policemen who went to check on the reports also became ill and had to be given oxygen before being hospitalized, Lopez said.

Rescue teams and experts were dispatched to the scene, where the meteorite left a 100-foot-wide (30-meter-wide) and 20-foot-deep (six-meter-deep) crater, said local official Marco Limache.

"Boiling water started coming out of the crater and particles of rock and cinders were found nearby. Residents are very concerned," he said.

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
its not the end of the world, like every generation claims

blackmage_nuke
09-18-2007, 02:01 PM
My hopes the end of the world wouldnt include everyone vomitting to death have been unfulfilled

Madame Adequate
09-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Seems more likely to be a chemical Humans can't handle than a virus or anything.

As we all know, an alien virus would have killed us all by now.

Captain Maxx Power
09-18-2007, 02:59 PM
If you're going to wipe out a planet with a virus a single rock in a back-end village is the worst way to go about it. MILF's probably on the right track, especially with the "bubbling water" most likely being a chemical reaction in the soil. As someone who stole chemicals from his comprehensive school on his last day and threw them all into a hole to see what happens, I can tell you they can be quite volatile. Incidentally if you are ever in my home town and find a blackened hole about six feet square it's probably mine.

Old Manus
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Once they start turning into mindless zombies we can start worrying.

Or stocking up on green herbs, whatever.

Jojee
09-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Yay, zombies and aliens ^___^

Raebus
09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I predict zombies, this makes me happy.

Peegee
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Zombie aliens. Pew pew pew!

Captain Maxx Power
09-18-2007, 05:36 PM
When we start seeing Peruvian superheros, we'll know where it came from.

Lynx
09-18-2007, 05:53 PM
sounds to me like a bowing bomb and anyone who's seen joe dirt knows what im talking about. a very large one.

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2007, 06:04 PM
The world ended at the start of 2000, it's just we have yet to realise/accept it.

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
The world ended at the start of 2000, it's just we have yet to realise/accept it.

How so!?

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Only God shall knoweth.

Namelessfengir
09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
i know it but im not talking

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Only God shall knoweth.

God doesn't count, in fact no religion should count

scrumpleberry
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Only God shall knoweth.

General chat, honey, lighten up. :p

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Only God shall knoweth.

General chat, honey, lighten up. :p

That is light. He's light-heartedly said that religious people can't count. :D

Araciel
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Or stocking up on green herbs, whatever.

f. aid spray pwns green herbs.

http://www.harvardpilgrim.mimrx.com/harvard/SiteImages/PrdImages/200x200/0011509003812.JPG

Iceglow
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM
I have a garage full of Green herb and first aid spray, I also have around 20 guns of varying size and power, I call assault rifle but you guys can fight over the rest, also the sword is mine :D

Araciel
09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
guns are so impractical.

Iceglow
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I won't hear you complaining when you're taking the heads of zombies with the shotgun...

Psychotic
09-18-2007, 10:17 PM
The obvious course of action is tactical nuclear strikes against both Peru and France.

Old Manus
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
The obvious course of action is tactical nuclear strikes against both Peru and France.You forgot Poland.

EDIT: sorry

Værn
09-18-2007, 11:01 PM
The world will end when Turkey forms an alliance with Russia. Just remember when it happens that I called it.

Moomba Misstress
09-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Why does the end of the world always come down to zombies? xD Man, I never knew everyone knew this. Thats totally how its going to happen. I just hope they are Jet's Fence zombies, (better known as the dumb slow ones that cant make it over a knee high fence), so that we can have a little target practice with all those guns Iceglow has. Haha If we get 28 Days Later zombies, I think we're fully screwed. ><

:moomba:

Rengori
09-19-2007, 04:42 AM
One thing I never understood about zombies... If they have to eat people, couldn't you just hide and wait for them to die from starvation? Because it's not like humans taste good or anything. Not raw anyway.

On topic, something's gotta help knock out the population.

Moomba Misstress
09-19-2007, 04:46 AM
One thing I never understood about zombies... If they have to eat people, couldn't you just hide and wait for them to die from starvation? Because it's not like humans taste good or anything. Not raw anyway.

On topic, somethings gotta help knock out the population.

It depends on the zombies, some just like to and don't need to eat anything. They are dead after all. But its like vampires, once they turn or eat us all what the heck are they gonna do? Flaws. I tell you, Flaws!

Something does need to knock out the population. We dont have alot of things that are doing it fast enough. >_> Just last week I realized we're breeding in horrible vision. So many people have glasses now that its almost more normal to need them. Because medical things are getting so easy to fix, were just breeding in more and more genetic flaws. Without enough natural selection on the human race were going to just overpopulate and I guess kill ourselves. I suppose space would be a good option to send something like this down that we cant handle. Hah. I'm sickly passionate on this topic. ><

:moomba:

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-19-2007, 04:55 AM
I have a garage full of Green herb and first aid spray, I also have around 20 guns of varying size and power, I call assault rifle but you guys can fight over the rest, also the sword is mine :D

all i need is a shotti and uzi and im good :D

Nominus Experse
09-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Dude, Peruvian zombie alien superheroes are going to rock

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-19-2007, 05:16 AM
Dude, Peruvian zombie alien superheroes are going to rock

fa sho, maybe they eat us for other reasons other than starvation or taste