PDA

View Full Version : New Season

Miriel
09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
All right guys. The new television season is starting! What shows are your anticipating? Any new shows you'll watch? Old favorites you're waiting on?

A couple shows that I'm waiting on are Battlestar Galactica and Lost but both those shows won't be starting until next year. Boo.

Other than that, I can't wait for the new season of The Office. Man, I love that show.

Hereos! The season finale was not so great imho, but the trailer for the new season looks good and Kristen Bell has joined the cast, so I' excited.

Also, Pushing Daisies premieres on October 3rd, and I'm pretty sure that this is going to be my new favorite show. I'm already in love with it.

I' vaguely interested in shows like Kid Nation (for the omfg, I can't believe they're doing this factor) and Bionic Women. Bionic Women looks like it might not make it, but I'll watch it just to see Kara Thrice make an appearance.

Shows I'm predicting right now that will fail:

* Journeyman - It's Lucius Vorenus! I love him, but I just can't see this show making it
* Chuck - cute concept, but again, I don't think it's gonna be a hit with audiences
*K-Ville - Ugh. I caught a bit of this yesterday and it was horrible. It's gonna get the axe, I know it is.
* Cavemen - I love the commercials, I really do. But an entire show dedicated to it? No way.
* Private Practice - No. Just no.
* Big Shots - Michael Vartan. I love Michael Vartan. But dude, this one isn't going to fly either. :(

Araciel
09-18-2007, 09:08 PM
the only show i was anticipating does not yet have a second season planned...there's a petition to make them produce it...

dresden files.

Vermachtnis
09-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I dunno I was really looking forward to Chuck. Also, King of the Hill :D

I agree that Cavemen will probably fail. I'm not sure about K-Ville though, I agree it's horrible. But people like that kind of crap.

edczxcvbnm
09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Prison Break started up last night. Great episode and I can't wait to see how this final season plays out :D

Slothy
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Nothing this fall but House, Heroes and Smallville for me. I'm looking forward to Battlestar Galactica and Lost a lot more though.

Ouch!
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
There's nothing this year, but when A Song of Ice and Fire really pops up on HBO, nothing is going to make me miss it.

McLovin'
09-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Prison Break (downloading it now :D)

Lost

Heroes

and 24.

fire_of_avalon
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
House. That is all. For now.

Madame Adequate
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
House and Galactica.

Edit: wtf Hux. Heroes as well.

Project G
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Well as Heroes will be on for a little while longer over here, all I've got to wait for is the new series of Dr. Who and Torchwood, should'nt be too long now!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Prison Break, Heroes, Smallville, and Supernatural. :D

I also wanna catch Pushing Daisies. Looks awesome from what I've seen in the commercials :D

The season finale of Heroes, disapointed me, but I REALLY want to see if Peter and Nathan survived the explosion. And new characters excite me :D

I Took the Red Pill
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
House, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Weeds (which is already going on but I'm counting it).

Tasura
09-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Heroes and Supernatural. :D

Well said, and those are the only two I really care about, mainly because they're the only ones I've ever bothered to watch all of.

XxSephirothxX
09-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Since, as you said, Galactica is not starting "this season" the only thing I'm planning on keeping up with is The Office.

I think Heroes got steadily worse as the series went on; the only part that I thought was very good was the discovery of their powers, and even that took forever. I'm hoping Chuck will be good, though; the previews looked interesting. I might catch the first episode or torrent it.

But unless Chuck turns out to be a surprise hit, pretty much just The Office.

Rengori
09-19-2007, 12:23 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/metalocalypse.jpg

Ryth
09-19-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm just waiting for Season Two of Flight Of The Conchords, whenever that is.

Del Murder
09-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Prison Break started up last night. Great episode and I can't wait to see how this final season plays out :D
This is the final season? :(

My shows: Prison Break, Smallville, Heroes, The Simpsons, The Office.

Only new show I'm interested in is Pushing Daisies.

In the winter I look forward to 24, Lost, and Battlestar Galactica.

Kirobaito
09-19-2007, 03:46 AM
The only show I'll be watching this fall will be Heroes.

Next spring, though, I'll have Lost, 24, and Transformers: Animated.

edczxcvbnm
09-19-2007, 04:35 AM
This is the final season? :(

That is what I heard. They didn't want to keep dragging things out and have it go on too long to the point where is starts to get boring and too repeatative.

Rase
09-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Come on people, let's be serious. All the world needs is more Heroes, The Office (US version), and How I Meet Your Mother.

High five!

Jess
09-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm enjoying Heroes so far! I'm also looking forward to Shameless and Waterloo Road. :jess:

Peegee
09-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Heroes! I want to know how they are going to make somebody strong enough to defeat them. Scary stuff.

Also I'm guessing that Nathan is still alive -- he could have flew away before the explosion :o

Drift
09-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Heroes, Prison Break, Stargate Atlantis...just to name a few :}

Faris
09-19-2007, 06:55 PM
The Office :hyper:

Uhm other than that: House, NCIS, Lost and Supernatural once I watch the first few seasons. I watched the new show Gossip Girl last night. It was okay, I didn't pay much attention to it but it seems interesting.

Rase
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Also I'm guessing that Nathan is still alive -- he could have flew away before the explosion :o
He did survive. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18301677)

Del Murder
09-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Well from that clip it seems pretty obvious that they aren't going to do what the writers told USC students they were going to do, namely treat each season like a volume with a partly new cast and starting from scratch storylines. But that's ok, I like the current cast and storylines. Should be awesome.

I hope some of the new shows end up being interesting because with this fall/winter split there is less to watch right now.

El Bandito
09-20-2007, 09:14 AM
I would seriously pay for Showtime just to watch Weeds. I caught up with the show by borrowing a friend's dvd's and now can't get enough. I guess I'll have to stick with downloading episodes for now.

As for network TV, King of the Hill is my second favorite animated comedy behind Futurama. Also, I'll see if Heroes can live up to it's first season. Oh, and I can't forget about House and Scrubs.

Actually, that and football probably equals 95% of my television watching.

Nominus Experse
09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
IMA RAGE ABOUT POKEMONS TO MAH ROOM MATE CUZ HE'LL BE TALKIN BOUT THEM DIGIMONS LOL

I don't watch television, but I do recall viewing a certain program involving cosmology that I found to be very interesting. I couldn't tell you the name though...

If there are more of those on the way, then I suppose I might have to try and turn the television on once in a great while.

I think the History chanal was playing it, but I cannot be certain.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I tend to plan my viewing around various anime series that air in Japan, so really the big thing for me right now is Haruhi Suzumiya season 2, which I believe is out in October.

Germ Hamee
09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I am falling over myself in anticipation of Lost and Battlestar Galactica. They sure know how to drive a fanboy crazy. First they cut the length of Lost's final seasons, and push it back to January. Then they announce the final season of BSG, make me wait forever for that too, and NOW they're tossing around the idea of cutting the season in half. Omfg.

Otherwise, I'm all up on Showtime's Dexter. I vowed against Heroes, but after they added Kristen Bell to the cast I'm completely obligated to watch it.

Lynx
09-21-2007, 06:27 AM
im looking forward too smallville supernatural and simpsons.

snacks
09-21-2007, 06:33 AM
SCRUBS
IVE GOT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS ;__;

Miriel
09-21-2007, 07:06 AM
I would seriously pay for Showtime just to watch Weeds. I caught up with the show by borrowing a friend's dvd's and now can't get enough. I guess I'll have to stick with downloading episodes for now.

Yeeeeeeeeees!!

Weeds is my newest "I love this show" show. It's fantastic. FANTASTIC!

SeeDRankLou
09-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I will be watching Grey's Anatomy, and I will hopefully be watching Private Practice (if it's good). I will be watching the 3 CSI's, and How I Met Your Mother. Don't know what else just yet.

I Don't Need A Name
09-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Waking The Dead FTW (and New Tricks if the new series is on at this time of year :D )

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Heroes, Greys Anatomy (givin it one last shot), Prison break (premiere was pretty good), Smallville, Lost, House and supernatural (have to watch the 2nd season on dvd first lol :S)! Luckily most of these shows air the week after its been shown in the U.S! YAY lol!

Strider
09-22-2007, 08:19 AM
I can't believe no one mentioned Friday Night Lights! D: Maybe that's because NBC keeps jerking it around, but that show is phenomenal.

Rengori
09-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I saw the new Metalocalypse on AS, brutal.

Randgris
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Heroes: there's a three hour marathon every Sunday
Grey's Anatomy: I cannot didn't catch the whole 3rd season (frustratingly wacks nearest person with book)
Ghost Whispere: her bestfriend died, how sad :(

OOC: I don't know bout your place but this is what's scheduled here (PH)

Miriel
09-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Ok y'all.

No way Bionic Woman is surviving this fall season. Only great thing about the show was Kara as the first bionic woman. She stole the show. Also, Chief Tyrol and Baltar's lawyer both made appearances! Awesome.

Also, I watched Chuck and it was actually pretty amusing. I still don't see it getting much of an audience.

Rengori
09-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Also, I watched Chuck and it was actually pretty amusing. I still don't see it getting much of an audience.

Yeah, I saw Chuck too. I think it will be cancelled for the costs to make it. It seemed like it'd be an expensive show to make

Vermachtnis
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Yeah, I saw Chuck too. I think it will be cancelled for the costs to make it. It seemed like it'd be an expensive show to make

Yea it'll probably not pull in enough people, but I liked it and I'll probably watch it until it does get canned.

Of all the premeres I've seen this week, Reaper was the best. I wasn't really expecting much from it, but it had some real LOL moments.

Shoeberto
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
When'd the new shows start up? I watched AS on Sunday and saw the new Lucy TDOTD but no Metal. :(

Basically the only new stuff I can be arsed to watch is AS, because usually their new stuff is on Sundays when I'm actually watching TV. Lucy TDOTD is really good (burning man bur-ning man) and I really dig Saul of the Mole Men. Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job has that oddly compelling nature that Tom Goes has, too... it's so weird, and the comedy doesn't always hit, but I just want to keep watching it forever. It's weird.

Del Murder
09-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Oh man, Smallville and Office tonight! Pleasure overload!

Rengori
09-28-2007, 02:19 AM
When'd the new shows start up? I watched AS on Sunday and saw the new Lucy TDOTD but no Metal. :(

Metalocalypse was on Adult Swim.com on Friday, Frisky Dingo started up again a few weeks ago (I only bring that up because I got into the show sometime late last season).

Del Murder
09-28-2007, 06:27 AM
So here's a recap of premieres so far and if I thought they delivered:

Prison Break - So delivered, best of the bunch
Heroes - Didn't deliver, it was kind of stale and didn't offer all that much that was new
Bionic Woman - Didn't deliver, the main character is boring
Smallville - Delivered, this show has been on a long time but they still seem to make it interesting
The Office - Delivered, not the funniest episode but it had good parts

I was on the road so I missed the Simpsons premiere.

Rengori
09-28-2007, 06:33 AM
I saw Earl and some of the Office (damn homework) and I'm watching Drawn Together right now. Earl was good as always.

Vermachtnis
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
After last night, I take it back. Earl is the best premere this week. Reaper is still in second though. Then Office, Chuck, King of the Hill, ect.

Vikeve
09-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I love House and Battle Star Galactica but both of them are very intense and my heart will explode one day as a result. I also watched the season premier of CSI which I was sad about since aparantly it was a two part episoid and I missed the first half I stayed only becuase my favorite character was kidnapped.

Oh, and how was Reaper to me that show doesn't look too good but I wanted to see it anyway.