PDA

View Full Version : Cloud the loser story

squiike
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
i played the game again and im well into the second disc. but upuntil he falls into the lifestream cloud has been exposed to some pretty harsh comments from barret and tifa. The thing is i played it a bit different this time, my party members were barret and tifa most of the time and they were always dead since im doing the single character challenge.

i do not recall exactly what dialoge i have chosen but i had tifa in the party when cloud started smacking up aeris at the temple. After cloud woke up in the bed at galinca or something. when asked "how do you feel" i chose "not good" then barret and tifa starts throwing :skull::skull::skull::skull: at him and he just sits there and takes it, after the scene at the ancient city when cloud does hes speech about heading after sephiroth and asks "are you with me" Barret says something like "no" but they continue anyways.

and at the glacier when they are heading up the mountain and cloud does hes speech again, barret goes "dunno"

so in my verson cloud is just a messed up self proclaimed leader :eek:

Jimsour
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Hes not self proclaimed as far as I know he just takes the role, Barret wanted the role.

But yeah, tough love basically.

gothic_fantasy
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Cloud was seriously a sucky leader....Barret was too impulsive, Tifa too lenient, following everything, Aeris always getting kidnapped and in trouble, Red XII's an animal, Yuffie's a thieving swine, Cait Sith's...well, a stuffed toy, Vincent is some messed up experiment with mood problems, and Cid is a bad-tempered not-giving-a-:skull::skull::skull::skull:-bout-nothing kinda guy.....
So as leaders they all basically suck. I would have taken Cid out of all of them. At least his nickname was "captain" for a start!

cloud21zidane16
09-19-2007, 11:43 PM
No one said being the leader would be easy:D

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
i think Nanaki would have made the best leader, he always seems to act from a point of logic :D i wonder how long it will be before someone makes a "Poll: who would have been the best leader?" thread?

Mercen-X
09-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Cloud was seriously a sucky leader....!

He was also the only one who knew what was goin' on.

Bolivar
09-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Ha i remember seeing that with Barret at the Inn at Gongaga, Cloud's like "it's my fault..." barret saying "you're damn right it's all your fault!" and proceeds on a tirade (sp?)

squiike
09-21-2007, 02:21 PM
so have you always had this opinion?
that cloud is a messed up leader and the others are...well equally messed up?

cause when i was 12 i thought cloud was a hero, and a born leader as he took control again, when he regained himself after the lifestream accident.

i'd never liked Cait sith though..have anyone?

found that werid in the storyline aswell...he takes marlene hostage to be able to continue the journey with cloud and the rest, and one hour later when they are at the temple they all seems to be friends again as he sacrefices his...toy body...oh what a sacrefice :eep:

Hazzard
09-21-2007, 05:06 PM

found that werid in the storyline aswell...he takes marlene hostage to be able to continue the journey with cloud and the rest, and one hour later when they are at the temple they all seems to be friends again as he sacrefices his...toy body...oh what a sacrefice :eep:

I wouldn't say that was exactly true, the new Cait Sith was a different prototype, and they weren't all friendly with him when he sacrificed himself, they tried doing the only logical thing - try and persuade him not to, he done it out of his own will, and they felt sorrowful for his death.

That's being human, you know.

Jimsour
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I 'spose Cid would have been the most leader-like ;) but once Cloud comes out of the Lifestream whole, he gets leadership qualities, he knows what has to be done.

Wasnt Cait Sith Reeve? He was in Shinra, so he done his job when kidnapping Marlene, but he's always been seen as the one to question Shinra anyway, so I didnt find it surprising that he sacraficed a stuffed toy.

MJN SEIFER
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM
squiike
found that werid in the storyline aswell...he takes marlene hostage to be able to continue the journey with cloud and the rest, and one hour later when they are at the temple they all seems to be friends again as he sacrefices his...toy body...oh what a sacrefice

I liked him. The reason he stays with the team, is because he's a sort of "double" spy or something, the Shinra think he's still spying on the team but really he's on their side and is able to give away information to them (e.g. the Materias).

And I think the "sacrafice" was so that we - the players - would let our guards down for something more serious.

Wasnt Cait Sith Reeve?

Yes he was.

Ha i remember seeing that with Barret at the Inn at Gongaga, Cloud's like "it's my fault..." barret saying "you're damn right it's all your fault!" and proceeds on a tirade (sp?)

I hate it when people do that. If you already admit it's your fault - there's no need for anyone to "go on a tirade"...

~Death~Stalker~910
09-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I thank that cloud makes a purty good leader an a good fightin character conciderin that u cant take him out of u party

Markus. D
09-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Nanaki~~~~ :3

The Crystal
09-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Cloud is a good leader(after he remembered everything about his past). But my second choice would be Caith Sith. He is Reeve, and after the game, Reeve was a good leader to all the WRO(World Restoration Organisation).

Dragon Mage
09-29-2007, 05:28 AM
well, ya gotta give the man a break. The scene at the inn in Gongaga was one where he'd just utterly lost his mind. He couldn't control his own body. Creeeeeeeeeeeepy. Not only that, but he was beginning to realize he was quite screwed up in the head. Yay for big revelations.

So, at that point, he wasn't too 'fiesty'. Not inclined to defend himself. He had a weak moment. Barret is always a loud-mouth but it's a reverse-psychology thing. Be tough on him and he'll toughen up; be easy on him and he'll get weaker. See? Black man logic, don't screw around with it unless you want to get hurt foo!!

......yeah, I'm done now.