PDA

View Full Version : Remember when somethingawful mocked us?

Peegee
09-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Of course you guys don't -- most of you joined year(s) after that happened.

But for those who remember, were you quoted? I was quoted several times, especially for my *sexors newbie* greeting.

Topic, I guess, is whether you remember it, thoughts about it, and whether you've attained any sort of notoriety on the intertubes.

edczxcvbnm
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I can't believe I wasn't quoted. Just look at my name. Perfect opportunity XP Bastards.

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I can't believe I wasn't quoted. Just look at my name. Perfect opportunity XP Bastards.

Shauna
09-20-2007, 06:23 PM
'twas before our time, Quin!

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:24 PM

Resha
09-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I have seen the somethingawful thing :p though I don't remember the days.

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the days in which that Quin 'n' Tonic fellow mocks us, though. Any of you guys been quoted by him?

Shauna
09-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I was just quoted by him there! I am honoured. :)

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:27 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the days in which that Quin 'n' Tonic fellow mocks us, though. Any of you guys been quoted by him?

Flying Mullet
09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I was just re-reading that something awful article a week or two ago. Then last week someone tried to do another EoFF Prom, which reminded me of the something awful article, then you make this thread PG.

It can't be just coincidence! :eek:

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I was just re-reading that something awful article a week or two ago. Then last week someone tried to do another EoFF Prom, which reminded me of the something awful article, then you make this thread PG.

Peegee
09-20-2007, 06:33 PM

ooc: why is quin just quoting people?

FM: it's not a coincidence! Flee while you can!

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Heath
09-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I remember lots of people (probably myself among them) whining that they weren't mocked at the time. It was quite a laugh, especially because I never expected anything like that to happen at a forum I attended.

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I remember lots of people (probably myself among them) whining that they weren't mocked at the time. It was quite a laugh, especially because I never expected anything like that to happen at a forum I attended.

demondude
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
My quotes have been in peoples sigs on two occasions.

Quindiana Jones
09-20-2007, 06:57 PM

Jess
09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Quit that!

I remember reading that article, and I recognised most people quoted in it. I remember in the article they said something about how ridiculous it is having Loony BoB being an administrator as he's a newbie. That made me xDDDD

:jess:

Old Manus
09-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I was still but a newbie ff nerd :(

Burtsplurt
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I remember the profile of members who were mocked was boosted considerably. I remember wishing that I too could have written terrible poetry.

Mercen-X
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Shoeberto
09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
The Weekend Web on us really wasn't as class as some of their other stuff. It was pretty disappointing.

And Quin, you've squeezed every drop of blood out of that stone. That poor dead horse doesn't need any more lashings. We get it.

Shauna
09-20-2007, 08:33 PM
I was still but a newbie ff nerd :(

Yeah, you were such an FFX-2 Fangirl then! :cool:

Old Manus
09-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Lies and deceit. :cool:

Peegee
09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Lies and deceit. :cool:

otaku!!

scrumpleberry
09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
can someone link this article? I am amused and confused...

Peegee
09-20-2007, 09:15 PM
can someone link this article? I am amused and confused...

Do a search. It was on their forum mockery page, whatever it's called

Rase
09-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I think some poem I posted way back when was mocked.

Flying Mullet
09-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Toothing!, Anime Sucks, and Eyes on Final Fantasy (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/toothing-anime-sucks.php?page=6)

scrumpleberry
09-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Toothing!, Anime Sucks, and Eyes on Final Fantasy (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/toothing-anime-sucks.php?page=6)

thanks a bunch. :cookie:

Edit: Oh dear. LOL.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
That was before my time. :p

ReloadPsi
09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Man, I'm really getting annoying with this gimmick of mine.

You certainly are.

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_77.gif
Translation: I cried when Aerith died.

Hahaha!

XxSephirothxX
09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I liked the EOFF thread about it. I think somebody proposed suing Something Awful. Or maybe Sean just said he couldn't sue them. I don't remember. It was funny.

Miriel
09-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I remember the thread. Everyone was all, "I can't believe they included that but not this!" It was neat that no one got all huffy and grumpy about it.

KentaRawr!
09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Alas, I wasn't around at the time. And apparently, Old Manus wasn't, either. He didn't get quoted. o_O

Levian
09-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I liked that they put so much effort into digging out old dirt. They searched pretty deep to get it. :D

Psychotic
09-20-2007, 11:35 PM
The Weekend Web on us really wasn't as class as some of their other stuff. It was pretty disappointing.Yeah, seriously. I love SA, and it's the funniest site on the net. SA does EoFF? It could have been internet heaven. I still cry myself to sleep at the wasted opportunity.

Fonzie
09-21-2007, 12:35 AM
The Weekend Web on us really wasn't as class as some of their other stuff. It was pretty disappointing.Yeah, seriously. I love SA, and it's the funniest site on the net. SA does EoFF? It could have been internet heaven. I still cry myself to sleep at the wasted opportunity.

SA is funny because they fuck with Gorgeous George.

*toilet flush*

o_O
09-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I was never quoted, but I posted pretty infrequently, so it's to be expected. That whole thing was hilarious though. Some people got pretty mad but then, some people got completely ripped on. :p

Iceglow
09-21-2007, 01:00 AM
They got me, but didn't get me at the same time. :D I'm on the 8th page or so where they quoted Ryoko Masaki (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/ryoko%2Bmasaki.html). I'm not sure if it counts or not but as you can see her signature is "list of current slaves so far" (I don't recall ever asking/allowing her to declare me her slave but...whatever) I am listed as my first ever username on this forum "Fallen_Angel_666" Oh yes... According to my sources she was dutch or appeared to be dutch and spent a little over a month on here. But yes I am on Something Awful :D

snacks
09-21-2007, 06:41 AM

:smash:

Jojee
09-21-2007, 07:28 AM
http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_48.gif
LOL :p

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_84.gif
Haha RYE, good job XD

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_94.gif
What the hell, Bawb! XD What would YOU do if you had a breast on your head? *dies*

I was ignoring all the bad poetry up until this one:
http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_98.gif

And no, they didn't make fun of any of my posts, I wasn't an active member at the time :p

Old Manus
09-21-2007, 09:11 AM
He was right about the poetry though.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-21-2007, 09:26 AM
HA!!! Those guys have nothin' on my stupidity!!!:cool:..........wait a minute...:(

Loony BoB
09-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I was quoted twice. I can't remember what one of them was about at the moment, but the other was my "What if you had a boob on your head" thread (or something to that effect). Good times. The noted my Newbie/Admin mix of titles. 'twas great.

I actually registered at SA after that and they were pretty pleased that we were taking it in good spirits. A couple of people IM'ed me and stuff. Was nice enough, yeah.

Baloki
09-21-2007, 11:32 AM

We're plotting against you Mullet!

Man, I'm really getting annoying with this gimmick of mine.

You certainly are.

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/spokkerjones~04-25-04_77.gif
Translation: I cried when Aerith died.

Hahaha!

meow, meow, me.owowowwwww meow!!!!

Cz
09-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I got quoted once. Something to do with the prom, I think. Weekend Web isn't all that great, but it was pretty entertaining to see EoFF featured, and even more entertaining seeing people's reactions in GC.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-22-2007, 04:12 AM
It was unfortunately before my time, but I'd like to read the article. Does anyone have the URL?

Shlup
09-22-2007, 04:30 AM
That whole article was disappointing. There was so much better material they could've used.

Ouch!
09-22-2007, 06:20 AM
I remember that. Good times.

"It's odd that this person's title both says "Senior Site Staff" and "Newbie". Guess they just make anyone a moderator over there. That's why their no good kids are running wild."

That was the best part. Good on ya, BoB.