PDA

View Full Version : Just In Case We're Forgetting

Mercen-X
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
If I had any sense of forethought, I might've presented this earlier, but it just seems that a lot of Americans have quickly forgotten what happened 9/11. I can understand it not being a huge issue with people, and not caring to give it much thought, or not being able to guess at its significance, but to forget it altogether is just weird.

So, that said, here's a little Wiki

2001 - Coordinated attacks resulting in the collapse or severe damage of several skyscrapers at the World Trade Center in New York City, destruction of the western portion of The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and an intentional passenger airliner crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. In total, 2,974 people are killed in these coordinated attacks.

World Trade Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center)
United Airlines Flight 93 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93)

No. This is not some political/pro-war rant. It's just weird that people forget.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
If I had any sense of forethought, I might've presented this earlier, but it just seems that a lot of Americans have quickly forgotten what happened 9/11. I can understand it not being a huge issue with people, and not caring to give it much thought, or not being able to guess at its significance, but to forget it altogether is just weird.

So, that said, here's a little Wiki

2001 - Coordinated attacks resulting in the collapse or severe damage of several skyscrapers at the World Trade Center in New York City, destruction of the western portion of The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and an intentional passenger airliner crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. In total, 2,974 people are killed in these coordinated attacks.

World Trade Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center)
United Airlines Flight 93 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93)

No. This is not some political/pro-war rant. It's just weird that people forget.

...Your possessed by Satan aren't you Mercen?...:rolleyes2

scrumpleberry
09-20-2007, 07:14 PM
I haven't come across anyone who doesn't remember what happened. It's pretty shocking if they have, though.

Hazzard
09-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Nobody forgets this sort of thing, maybe they just didn't want to talk about it this much, this year.

Mercen-X
09-20-2007, 07:22 PM
...Your possessed by Satan aren't you Mercen?...:rolleyes2

Only slightly.

Flying Mullet
09-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Who's forgetting? http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/109434-9-11-six-years-later.html

As people have said, people will not find this as important as they used to as time goes on. Very few people mourn over the Pearl Harbor attack, let alone know when it was.

Old Manus
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks man. I've been having trouble remembering what actually happened that day lately.

snacks
09-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Who's forgetting anything when it's crammed down our throat every year?
Honestly, it happened we've made some rather poor decisions in light of it and I'd really like it all just to go away. Not that it matters to me, or it hinders me in anyway because I don't have to go to war, but the people currently in the war need to come home.

That's the most political (quotes there) thing I've said thus far. I must....I must...find humor....do something...

:monster:

NeoCracker
09-21-2007, 06:51 AM
9/11 was orchastrated by the Communists.

That is all you need to remember.

Forget anything else you may think you know of 9/11.

Rengori
09-21-2007, 06:57 AM

*forgets*

NeoCracker
09-21-2007, 07:01 AM

*forgets*

You, my friend, are how everyone should be.

blackmage_nuke
09-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately if we were to remember and acknowledge every day there was a tradgedy we'd probably spend the entire year mopey

ps: you sound like a chain mail (excluding the bad luck and pass this on stuff)

Araciel
09-21-2007, 07:26 AM
yes tragedies happen every day in fact. people die every day. the thing is in such a large number, in such a manner, and in the USA, it's unbearable for most people to think of or understand, which is why people always talk about it so much.

personally i won't forget. i don't understand the significance of it fully since there's so much controversy from so many people. i know what happened and when, and i feel sorry for those people and their families, but to dwell on it or even to think about it every year on its anniversary to me seems like a waste of time.

i don't observe the minute of silence on rememberance day either.

Rengori
09-21-2007, 07:27 AM

*forgets*

You, my friend, are how everyone should be.

Quick, everyone start worshiping Jojo while listening to black metal!

On topic, someone in my school's AV class made a slideshow on 9/11 set to some crappy alternative rock song which was played during the morning announcements.

NeoCracker
09-21-2007, 07:28 AM
I feel a great disturbance. People are taking a GC thread seriously. The lack of humor causes my very being to tremble.

tEdit: and no Black Metal. Metal sucks.

Flying Mullet
09-21-2007, 12:49 PM
I feel a great disturbance. People are taking a GC thread seriously. The lack of humor causes my very being to tremble.
I could have sworn I saw this in EoEO when I posted. :confused: