PDA

View Full Version : Learn Japanese and play Front Mission 2!!

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.playfuls.com/images/boxshot/upload/Front_Mission_5_Scars_of_the_War_ps2.jpg

The Front Mission series of tactical rpg's by Square Enix is great! They are tactical rpgs but they are set in a futuristic setting where you control huge giant robots called Wanzers and fight in wars. Here's information on the games...
Front Mission (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_Mission)

Front Mission 1 - Super Famicom, Feb 24th 1995
Front Mission: Gun Hazard - Super Famicom, Feb 23rd 1996
Front Mission 2 - Playstation 1, Sep 25th 1997
Front Mission: Alternative - Playstation 1, Dec 18th 1997
Front Mission 3 - Playstation 1, Sep 2nd 1999
Front Mission 4 - Playstation 2, Dec 18th 2003
Front Mission Online - PS 2/PC - May 12th 2005
Front Mission 2089 - Cell, Aug 15th 2005
Front Mission 5: Scars of the War - Playstation 2, Dec 29th 2005
Front Mission 2089-II - Cell, Upcoming!

This game rivals the tactical rpg's made by the Yasumi Matsuno/Ivalice/Ogre teams, e.g.: Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc. It also rivals the tactical rpg's made by Nippon Ichi Software: Disgaea 1, Phantom Brave, Disgaea 2, etc.

I've beaten Front Mission 1 and Front Mission: Gun Hazard(action rpg) for Super Famicom, courtesy of fan translation patches. They were great!! Front Mission 3 and Front Mission 4 are the only FM games released in the Usa. I don't know if any fan translation patch exists for Front Mission 2 or Front Mission Alternative, or other newer games.

Square Enix is releasing Front Mission 1st on October 23rd in Usa for DS. Maybe they'll release other FM games like FM: GH, FM 2, or FM: A after that. Maybe I should wait and hope that the Front Mission series will be released by Square Enix in Usa so that I can play a version of it. Or maybe I should just learn Japanese and play this game.

If a rpg game is so amazingly good enough that people are offering to learn Japanese to play the sequel, you best take notice! Who else here is huge fans of the Front Mission series? It's one of the six rpg teams I like best! :)

Madame Adequate
09-21-2007, 02:00 AM
I've only played 3 and 4. I loved loved loved 3 very much, but I couldn't really get into 4 for some reason. I'll still give 5 a chance for sure though.

Dragonsoul
09-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Yea this is pretty great, although I may be busy with other games like the FF series to get around to Front Mission. :D

Fatal Impurity
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Look's interesting! I've heard of teh series before and it sounds good it's just ive never had teh chance to play them...damn them for not releasing it here...

Dragonsoul
09-24-2007, 01:20 AM
You can buy the Super Famicom Front Mission 1, or get the rom somehow hehe. The battle system is like Final Fantasy Tactics in a way, but it involves modern weapons.

Does anybody remember Front Mission 1 when at the end of the game you get the ultimate Rocket Launcher, "Donkey". You fire it and the entire screen goes into an explosion and flashes white while a huge noise comes up. It's great!

Get Front Mission 1st on Oct 23rd for DS.