PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/Ogrebattle64box.jpg

I have to post this, I just looked on metacritic.com/games for the averages of critical reviews and user votes for Ogre Battle 64. It has the highest user rating I've EVER seen for a game!
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur (n64: 2000): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/n64/ogrebattle64?q=ogre%20battle%2064)
82% from 10 critical reviews but it has 98% from 45 user votes!

On the bottom of the page, click on "Read more user comments...". Every person but one on that list gave it a 10 out of 10!!! I've never seen a game this highly rated!! I have to get this game! :) I'm going to post a thread on this game now!

Hehe, this is the thread, I copied and pasted that from my tactical rpg thread here. Anyways, I've beaten Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre, but I haven't beaten the other three games in the Ogre series: Ogre Battle 64, Ogre Battle Gaiden, and Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.

I want to beat this game! Who here has beaten it and what do you think of it? :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Way back in the day when I'd chosen to foolishly grab an N64 instead of a PS1, I watched this game from first announcement and preordered it months in advance and played the hell out of it.

Let's just say I wasn't disappointed.

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 11:09 PM
This is Ogre Episode VI. Did you play Ogre Battle for Snes(Episode V) or Tactics Ogre(Snes and PS 1)(Episode VII)? What about Ogre Battle Gaiden(Neo Geo Pocket Color in Japan) or Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis(Gba)?

How many hours long is this game, with and without sidequests? :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh god, I don't even remember. It's probably reasonably standard for an RPG, and fairly linear like, say, Final Fantasy Tactics, so not a whole lot in the way of Sidequests (though there are some awesome sidequests to be had, and by awesome I mean "you get some cool stuff". And by "cool stuff" I mean Dragoon, Lich and Angel/Seraph, who are made of win).

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 11:19 PM
You still have your copy of the game. Give me your copy!!

What do you think of the 4 other Ogre games released?

Crossblades
09-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm waiting for this game to be available on the VC. I passed on this game when it was available in stores. I regret doing that now =(

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 11:49 PM
When is it coming available? I wish I had more time and money to play rpg's, then I'd get a Wii for Zelda and Fire Emblem also! :D

Crossblades
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
When is it coming available? I wish I had more time and money to play rpg's, then I'd get a Wii for Zelda and Fire Emblem also! :D

It has yet to be announced. It could be weeks, months. Hell, it could be available next week! Nintendo always put some random games on the VC

Slothy
09-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I've had a copy sitting in my room for the past month and still haven't gotten around to playing it. Maybe I should get on that.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't have the game, I sold it to my friend a long time ago since I'd more or less finished with it.

I may get it on Virtual Console whenever it comes out though.

NeoCracker
09-21-2007, 07:19 AM
If its anywhere near as good as March of the Black Queen, then its bound to rule.

Araciel
09-21-2007, 07:22 AM
i downloaded the rom...played through some of the opening scenes then deleted it.

Dragonsoul
09-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Check out those user reviews on the link I gave you! I've never seen so many 10's for one game!