PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania II - Simon's Quest

rubah
09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I spent a lot of hours on this game when I was younger xD My brother had a password for having every item, so I could play through it in a very short time and beat Dracula, but eventually I got bored of that and quit playing it.

In college now, some friends that live next door to stu have an nes in their room, so I hauled my cartridges up to school last weekend and have played simon's quest a little.

And it's kinda neat to see how intricate the game really is. I mean, I never appreciated it aside from just getting to play through it and get to the ending when I was little. I never knew you could level up for one ;D

anyways, anyone else enjoy this game?

LunarWeaver
09-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Whooa, I played this when I was little all the time. I never did beat it, though, 'coz I suck at side-scrollers and I couldn't even beat the zombie things. I remember making the sounds when I'd use the whip like "Whip! Whip! Crack! Crack! Cha! Cha!" and it annoyed everybody...which is probly why I did it. I was kinky as a boy, ugh D:

JerseyMage
09-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Count me in, I like all Castlevanias. Music is great.

Did you beat it this time? It can get hard about halfway through when you can travel to a graveyard on the farthest left, finding what to do next can be frustrating.

Nominus Experse
09-21-2007, 07:09 AM
I hated this game as wee lad.

Now, I would rather play Symphony of the Night for all eternity.

Araciel
09-21-2007, 07:10 AM
agreed, of the nes castlevanias, 3 was clearly the best though. i hated the transition to night, like AVGN said, it's not necessary to see the little text EVERY time, or for it to take so long.