PDA

View Full Version : dummys but different

Lynx
09-21-2007, 06:18 AM
i think i may have mentioned this ages ago but i dindt make a thread on it or anythign so its ok for me to make one now. now to the point.

i know in FFIV dummy is an item inaccesible to the FFII(snes) version of this game.

but way back when i played snes version i recieved an item called a dummy without the use of game genie or any other cheats. i got them in the cave where you first meet tellah my brother later found them in the cave where you get edge. we would find them about every other battle until a certain point we would just stop winning them. useing the item 1 of 2 things would happen. either you gained an extra level or youd have to fight a very powerful dragon. one so powerful that even after haveing all the best weapons and spells in the game it was still a challange. since that time me and my brother were never able to get them again or on the playstation version. so can anyone exsplain what was with these items?

and btw i used them to gain dark knight cecil to a level high enough to have 1000+ HP and when i turned to a paladin my life went right back down to 600 i felt ripped off.

Flying Mullet
09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a hoax to me. I've played through FFIV dozens of times on the SNES and one time spent countless hours leveling in the cave when you first gain Tellah (I was bored). Never have I seen an item like this, not have I ever heard of it.

Captain Maxx Power
09-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Either you're hallucinating, lying, or using a hacked ROM version of the game. Whatever the case, there have never been items that do the things you describe in any part of the game. The only possible explanation is that they are debug items designed for the developers so they could do stuff like level-up characters and test out different monsters at will.

Lynx
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a hoax to me. I've played through FFIV dozens of times on the SNES and one time spent countless hours leveling in the cave when you first gain Tellah (I was bored). Never have I seen an item like this, not have I ever heard of it.

definatly not a hoax me, my brother and my cousin all saw them and we didnt have a game genie until some time after. idk but i still have my snes version and am thinking about replaying it to see if i can get them again. but the time i got them was like my 4th play through the game and my cousins and brothers like 7th. also ive played and beat it many times since then and never gotten them.

Either you're hallucinating, lying, or using a hacked ROM version of the game. Whatever the case, there have never been items that do the things you describe in any part of the game. The only possible explanation is that they are debug items designed for the developers so they could do stuff like level-up characters and test out different monsters at will.

none of the 3. if they are debug items i still dont understand how we were able to get them. its funny cause the 3 of us always talk about how we got them. it was my file i got them my brothers file and my cousin was watching us. so there are 3 witnesess. i remember the first time my brother had gotten one was in a battle in edge's cave whatever the name of the cave was. i dont remember exactly where i might if i replayed? but it was against a bunch of bats (i dont remember the names).

i am wondering if my cousin might have used a game genie on our games without us knowing or something cause he might have had one but not that i can remember. i know me and my brother didnt have one for sometime later.