PDA

View Full Version : Why not...?

Aydin
09-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Why is SquareEnix deliberately REFUSING to make a final mix in English of Kingdom Hearts?

I realize that SquareEnix is their own company and they can do whatever they want to with their games but it just doesn't seem to make very much sense. I mean, they would get more money, I would believe. It just seems that they want to get everyone to learn Japanese OR ELSE NO PLAYING FINAL MIX MWAHAHAHA!!!

But really, does anyone know the reason?

(I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times already... ^^;)

Clawsze
09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Because the Japanese are going"Haha, we got a game you don't have" and the americans translators are going "We don't want it, it's the same" and us Europiens are going "How come we only get games America gets?"

I had a dream of this last night....

PuPu
09-22-2007, 12:14 AM
In order to release Final Mix to the West, they would have to spend money translating, shipping, advertising, hiring voice actors, etc. which would cost more money.

In fact, if they did decide to release it in the west, I would be baffled as to how they would handle Re:CoM (KH2 FM+ comes with Re:CoM). Obviously, Sora's voice had changed from KH1 to KH2, and if they hired to same voice actor again to play Sora's voice for Re:CoM, it would be awkward. Not to mention that they would have to hire their previous voice actors and new ones to play the voices Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene. Though my theory is that they will just use their Japanese voice actors, but have English text in the game (which is the reverse of KH2 FM+, where it had English voice actors, but Japanese text).

One could argue that the cost to release Final Mix to the West would most likely be greater than its sales, since it seems only hardcore KH fans would actually buy Final Mix. But that doesn't mean that I don't want it released nor am I giving up all hope on its release in the West.

Several sources say that Final Mix is rumored to be coming out into the West, such as these:
Guitar Hero 80s, Half-Life 2: Orange in New EGM news from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156374)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/Gemakai/yey.png

Out of all the sites I looked at that rumored Final Mix's release in the west, the most common dates were Autumn 2007, January 2008, and Autumn 2008, with Autumn 2007 being the most common.

I'd just wait until Autumn 2007 is over to see if Final Mix+ gets released in the West. If not, you should probably try Swap Magic and import Final Mix.

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-26-2007, 06:32 AM
In order to release Final Mix to the West, they would have to spend money translating, shipping, advertising, hiring voice actors, etc. which would cost more money.

In fact, if they did decide to release it in the west, I would be baffled as to how they would handle Re:CoM (KH2 FM+ comes with Re:CoM). Obviously, Sora's voice had changed from KH1 to KH2, and if they hired to same voice actor again to play Sora's voice for Re:CoM, it would be awkward. Not to mention that they would have to hire their previous voice actors and new ones to play the voices Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene. Though my theory is that they will just use their Japanese voice actors, but have English text in the game (which is the reverse of KH2 FM+, where it had English voice actors, but Japanese text).

One could argue that the cost to release Final Mix to the West would most likely be greater than its sales, since it seems only hardcore KH fans would actually buy Final Mix. But that doesn't mean that I don't want it released nor am I giving up all hope on its release in the West.

Several sources say that Final Mix is rumored to be coming out into the West, such as these:
Guitar Hero 80s, Half-Life 2: Orange in New EGM news from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156374)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/Gemakai/yey.png

Out of all the sites I looked at that rumored Final Mix's release in the west, the most common dates were Autumn 2007, January 2008, and Autumn 2008, with Autumn 2007 being the most common.

I'd just wait until Autumn 2007 is over to see if Final Mix+ gets released in the West. If not, you should probably try Swap Magic and import Final Mix.

Thats what I did. Still really fun to play too:D :D :D

Aydin
09-28-2007, 09:40 PM
You're all so smart! <3

Clawsze
09-28-2007, 10:38 PM
You're all so smart! <3

Wow, that is the greatest non-insult someone has given me....but seriously, KH:FM+ will never hit the west.....I would LOL myself to death if Europe got it and America didn't....