PDA

View Full Version : Worst Video Game Rumor

Evastio
09-21-2007, 04:00 PM
What's the worst video game rumor that you've heard?

It would have to be this one for Final Fantasy VII that tells you how to enter the game in real life. Basically you go on the world map in the game then go naked in front of the TV screen, (sorry FFVII: PC players. Looks like you can't enter the FFVII world.) close your eyes and hop around and spin in a circle seven times while patting your head and rubbing your tummy. I read that on GameFAQs somewhere.

There was also this other weird rumor that says Bill Cosby and Tony the Tiger are going to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

demondude
09-21-2007, 08:19 PM
The worst realistic one is that you can turn vivi human in ff9.

Vermachtnis
09-21-2007, 08:22 PM
All the getting Pikablu in Pokemon Red/Blue!

LunarWeaver
09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I heard this rumor Tidus wasn't the best creation in recorded history and it turned out to be completely false.

I Don't Need A Name
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I heard this rumor Tidus wasn't the best creation in recorded history and it turned out to be completely false.

hahah someone doesnt know the meaning of rumour

Probably the 10000 How to revive Aeris rumours

Nifleheim7
09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Nude Raider.
I really believed that..:(

Renmiri
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
They said XII had a story. Fooled me into buying it! ;)

Slothy
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM

Or for those of us who played the series prior to FFVII, the reviving General Leo rumours. Leo was like the Aeris of FFVI, except actually useful. Rumours of his ressurection fooled many a fan.

Vermachtnis
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM

Or for those of us who played the series prior to FFVII, the reviving General Leo rumours. Leo was like the Aeris of FFVI, except actually useful. Rumours of his ressurection fooled many a fan.

That reminded me of all the Play as Schala rumors in Chrono Trigger.

Jimsour
09-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Nude Raider.

So did I :(

Shoeberto
09-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Nude Raider.

There was a hack for the PC version to do it, so it wasn't entirely a rumor.

Markus. D
09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
All the getting Pikablu in Pokemon Red/Blue!

That if you had caught every non-legend pokemon twice in Red/Blue your Butterfree evolves into Butterfat or Margaring depending on what version you have.

-___-

Lol primary school. That's what.

LunarWeaver
09-21-2007, 10:46 PM
hahah someone doesnt know the meaning of rumour

Don't get all saucy with me, boy :bigsmile:

I totally forgot about all this Tomb Raider nudity stuff. Well, the in-game code was at least a rumor. It's funny to me people wanted to see her naked so badly they'd mod it.

scrumpleberry
09-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Tony the Tiger [is] going to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

HECK YES

Uh, probably any one out of the various Aerith ones.

I Don't Need A Name
09-21-2007, 11:22 PM

he wasnt really THAT useful cos you only had him for 1 battle which you lose anyway :D

yeah. more pokemon ones such as MewThree and some fire one as well :rolleyes2
however, the MissingNo and level 100 pokemon rumour ACTUALLY works...just kinda...dont save it or you're screwed :D

Lynx
09-21-2007, 11:35 PM
reviveing general leo by fighting 1000 enemies in the dinosaur forest getting the secret item to revive him with.

the pikeblu rumors and one i read about how to get crystal onyx in the red version.

Proxy
09-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I heard once that if you collect 23 of the 1/23rd soldiers from junon harbor (i think it was 23)
that sephiroth joins your party.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Get the whole set of 1/24th soldiers, every possible item from the Speed Square, and then go to the Gongaga reactor ruins where you can use 'Murasama' (I think?) on a certain part of the background to see a flashback, and then when it's over Zack joins your party.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-22-2007, 05:03 AM
The worst rumors were that Grim Fandango 2 and Monkey Island 5 were in production, because they're not and I would love them to be.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-22-2007, 05:23 AM
I remember a long time ago I heard a rumor that there was a way to make the boss characters playable in Bomberman 64 in Battle Mode. With abilities.

Man I wanted that to be true.

Also, Sonic and I think it was Amy playable in Melee. Also wanted that to be true. Especially since there were two slots on the screen where characters could have been!

Slicksword45
09-22-2007, 05:25 AM
A rumor saying FFIX was being remade for the Ps2 :(

Renmiri
09-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Nude Raider.

There actually is a nude patch for FFX2. I've seen it.

XxSephirothxX
09-22-2007, 06:47 AM
I remember a long time ago I heard a rumor that there was a way to make the boss characters playable in Bomberman 64 in Battle Mode. With abilities.

Also, Sonic and I think it was Amy playable in Melee. Also wanted that to be true. Especially since there were two slots on the screen where characters could have been!
It was Sonic and Tails, in EGM. I don't know if an April Fool's joke really counts as a rumor. That was one I'd wanted to be true and spent about 10 minutes trying to get before I looked more closely and noticed it was the April issue. :(

Shoeberto
09-22-2007, 06:52 AM

It was Sonic and Tails, in EGM. I don't know if an April Fool's joke really counts as a rumor. That was one I'd wanted to be true and spent about 10 minutes trying to get before I looked more closely and noticed it was the April issue. :(
I believed it to the point where I told my Melee-obsessed friend that it could be done.

One that destroyed me even more was when EGM said that there was an unlockable topless mode in DOA:XBV. I was close to buying an Xbox until I realized that it was April. I was heartbroken.

Jessweeee♪
09-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I liked the Aeris theory with the pennies on top of the playstation n.n

Bolivar
09-22-2007, 07:38 AM

he wasnt really THAT useful cos you only had him for 1 battle which you lose anyway :D

yeah. more pokemon ones such as MewThree and some fire one as well :rolleyes2
however, the MissingNo and level 100 pokemon rumour ACTUALLY works...just kinda...dont save it or you're screwed :D

well i remember all the ones about getting mew in the original red/blue. It had something to do with the truck by the cruise ship, which always seemed to be shrouded in mystery since it was so odd.

The missingno. sounds familiar, I remember fi8ding an actual way to get a Pokemon named Mew, but it's a huge nonsensical blob of pixels, maybe that's it?

edit: Also the whole set of the 1/35 SOLDIER and then getting the copy of the Masamune from the gold saucer and "#1" (Sephiroth you follow) joins your party. Has anyone ever found the whole set of 1/35 SOLDIER???

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-22-2007, 07:58 AM
edit: Also the whole set of the 1/35 SOLDIER and then getting the copy of the Masamune from the gold saucer and "#1" (Sephiroth you follow) joins your party. Has anyone ever found the whole set of 1/35 SOLDIER???

I know someone who knows the entirety of Final Fantasy VII like the back of her hand. She can play through the entire game without even glancing at a walkthrough and get everything.

So yes.

Rostum
09-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Grim Fandango 2

Thanks for bringing that up. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Nifleheim7
09-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Nude Raider.

Nah,i don't care anymore for stuff like that...

:shifty:

Peter_20
09-22-2007, 11:36 AM
"Here's how to revive Aeris! You just do this..."
"No, you can't! Aeris CANNOT be revived."
"Yes, of course she can be revived."
"No, she can't. She'd dead, get it? Give it up."
"Oh, but listen to this one, this is how you *really* revive her, promise!"
"No, she's dead, why even care?"
"But you can see her for a short while in the church when you re-enter Midgar!"
"No, that was just a glitch."
"Meh, I still think you can revive Aeris. Here's how you do it..."

...etc etc etc.
I swear this is the most common video game rant ever.

ReloadPsi
09-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I heard this wacky rumour that people actually liked Super Mario 64. There's also this one going round that people used the Black Mage in FF5 instead of the Summoner and the Magic Knight thingy.

Brennan
09-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Any FF7 rumor

ljkkjlcm9
09-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I heard this wacky rumour that people actually liked Super Mario 64. There's also this one going round that people used the Black Mage in FF5 instead of the Summoner and the Magic Knight thingy.
I just master everything in FFV, and time mage is the best for magic...
Super Mario 64 was made much better on DS having Yoshi, Luigi, and Wario

for the 1/35 soldier, it doesn't mean there are 35 of them... it means it is 1/35 the size of a soldier. It boggles my mind to this day that people don't get that. It's like the 1/64 or whatever Blackjack(airship) in FFVI at the auction house. It's not a piece, it's a size representation!

Worst rumor? There are so damn many! Let's see... Golden Sun 3 is a pretty big one in my mind. Super Smash Bros DS is another one. Two games I'd love to have if they made them, but they prolly won't!

THE JACKEL

Karellen
09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
The supply truck in Pokemon Red/Blue by the S.S Anne that was supposed to give you Mew if you used strength on it.

Rinoa = Ultimecia was kind of annoying for a while as well.

Slothy
09-22-2007, 02:30 PM

He had a super powerful attack that was free to use. Even if he was around for one battle, I got more use out of him than Aeris.

Super Mario 64 was made much better on DS having Yoshi, Luigi, and Wario

I've played the DS version; the new characters don't make up for the lack of an analog stick which butcher the whole experience. Mario 64 is still the best 3D platformer ever made. It's pretty sad no one's topped it in over ten years.

Bolivar
09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
for the 1/35 soldier, it doesn't mean there are 35 of them... it means it is 1/35 the size of a soldier. It boggles my mind to this day that people don't get that. It's like the 1/64 or whatever Blackjack(airship) in FFVI at the auction house. It's not a piece, it's a size representation!

I don't think anyone in this thread said that there are 35. If you put the cursor over it in the item menu it says "12 in the set!"

Dynast-Kid
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
FFVII Hentai Ending.

atlanteay
09-22-2007, 11:28 PM
the Cheese Weapon.
It's the worst because i honestly wished it was true :(

Markus. D
09-22-2007, 11:34 PM
The supply truck in Pokemon Red/Blue by the S.S Anne that was supposed to give you Mew if you used strength on it.

Bah, Red/Blue!

I spent an hour around that place just because I heard if you played for 200 hours you could re-attend voyage on the S.S Anne, If you somehow manage to surf around the back... some guy would give you Togepi.

Dragonsoul
09-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Final Fantasy Melody XIII, it annoyed me! It doesn't exist and the logo is creepy, check for threads on it

Slothy
09-23-2007, 01:41 AM
FFVII Hentai Ending.

You just reminded me of rumours I heard of a Mario 64 hentai ending back in the day, so I'll add that to the growing list.

Lawr
09-23-2007, 01:45 AM
FF7 being the best game ever made IMO.

scrumpleberry
09-23-2007, 01:53 AM

Both of those hold true for me, i'm afraid.

Rostum
09-23-2007, 03:04 AM
I heard this wacky rumour that people actually liked Super Mario 64.

Yay, let's be smartarses and make a generalized statement that everyone hates a game. So clever and witty!

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2007, 03:21 AM
The Pokémon games probably had the most rumors out of the games I've played :exdee:

My favorite was the get a girlfriend one in Gold/Silver where you had to talk to this little girl a lot, then enter her house 100 times, then leave the GB on for 24 hours.

...of course that rumor was before the SP came along :p

Evastio
09-23-2007, 04:37 AM
I heard this wacky rumour that people actually liked Super Mario 64.
I said post the worst video game rumor in your opinion. NOT post the worst video game in your opinion.

Karellen
09-23-2007, 04:47 AM

Bah, Red/Blue!

I spent an hour around that place just because I heard if you played for 200 hours you could re-attend voyage on the S.S Anne, If you somehow manage to surf around the back... some guy would give you Togepi.
You are actually able to surf around the S.S Anne later in the game if you get the cut HM from the captain and then get KOed in a battle. This avoids the script that plays when you leave the ship that causes it to leave the harbor. Funnily enough, there IS an island by the side of the S.S Anne that you can reach via surf later and it DOES have a supply truck on it. It just doesn't do anything.

Goldenboko
09-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Anything that includes Mew. God you have no idea how many things I've tried to get Mew, I've tried like everything, including 99 of every item (MissingNo. Glitch ftw.)

Bah, Red/Blue!

You are actually able to surf around the S.S Anne later in the game if you get the cut HM from the captain and then get KOed in a battle. This avoids the script that plays when you leave the ship that causes it to leave the harbor. Funnily enough, there IS an island by the side of the S.S Anne that you can reach via surf later and it DOES have a supply truck on it. It just doesn't do anything.

Ironically that did happen to me the first time I played through, I tried doing lots of things back there, never got Mew, Togapi, nothing, notta, zilch, zippo. :(

Lawr
09-23-2007, 06:25 AM
For any of those Mew Rumors, they can be silenced. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF7Xjxn9jc)

Karellen
09-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Yeah, I heard about that around a year ago. Kind of an ironic twist to the whole thing really.

Gnostic Yevon
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Incomplete Game Theory(FF7) (http://www.kuponut.com/games/ff7/aeris_death.html)

I dunno, this is the only one that seems remotely plausible. It's still wrong, but... at least its not stupidly so. Most reserection quests started with a guy claiming to work for an independant translator -- problem being that SONY translated FF7.

theundeadhero
09-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Anything that includes Mew. God you have no idea how many things I've tried to get Mew, I've tried like everything, including 99 of every item (MissingNo. Glitch ftw.)All it takes is a game genie. Both my red and blue have a mew.

Fatal Impurity
09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Haha i remember getting Mew the proper which involved glitching the game by talking to the coffee man and getting in teh fight with the slowpoke trainer.

Worst rumour ever was probably MGS2 would have a stupid ass blonde character named Raiden...oh wait...

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Sheng Long rumors for Street Fighter

X-Box edition of MGS2 has Snakes quest on the Plant. Revolver Ocelot was supposed to be one of his boss fights.

Xenosaga Episode IV

I remember the countless General Leo/Aerith rumors.

Getting the Paladin class in FFV

Getting Cecil back as a Dark Knight in FFIV without a game genie

The Excalibur rumor for FFVII

Akuma in Resident Evil 2 (would have made me play it)

Dhalsim's teleport move (prior to Street Fighter 2 spin-offs.)

escobert
09-24-2007, 08:12 AM
The Excalibur rumor for FFVII

Queen Anthai
10-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Golden Sun 3. Which toys with my heart like it was a toy heart. :cry:

Also....

Nude Raider.

SCREENSHOTS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.