PDA

View Full Version : HL2: Orange Box

Slothy
09-21-2007, 04:20 PM
So has anyone pre-ordered this yet? It's got to be the best compilation I've ever seen for the best price I've ever seen. Can't wait to play Portal and Episode 2. In the mean time though, I've been busying myself with the TF2 beta, and my god it's amazing. There are some changes I don't care for, a lot more that I love and were sorely needed from TFC, and then there's my wonderful sniper, who's largely unchanged which suits me nicely.

So has anyone else been playing? Is anyone waiting to buy it? Is anyone crazy enough to not even want it?

Shoeberto
09-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm crazy enough not to want the Orange Box because I already bought HL2 and HL2 Episode 1, and I feel pretty jipped that they cancelled the box that just had Episode 2, TF2 and Portal. It's a good deal for people who are just getting into the game.

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Won't be pre-ordering it, but I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the 360. Like it was supposed to a year ago. :mad2: Fucking delays. I'll have to tear myself away from Halo 3 to play it, though.

MecaKane
09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm crazy enough not to want the Orange Box because I already bought HL2 and HL2 Episode 1, and I feel pretty jipped that they cancelled the box that just had Episode 2, TF2 and Portal. It's a good deal for people who are just getting into the game.

You can sell them to a friend! How much was the box that with Episode 2, TF2 and Portal supposed to be?

ljkkjlcm9
09-21-2007, 05:05 PM
my roommate got it, he's been playing Team Fortress 2 ever since it was released. I've played a little, it's pretty damn fun. It'll be worthwhile to play the other games when it comes out too, but mind you, I will not be buying one myself

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
09-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I only want episode II for the PC and I want portal for the 360. I am totally fucked :P

escobert
09-21-2007, 05:36 PM
TF2 is the only game I want in that box.

JKTrix
09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
For the PC, I think you should be able to buy them individually off of Steam. Not a big deal.

Slothy
09-21-2007, 06:19 PM

JKTrix already mentioned that you can buy them individually, but by buying the package deal, you save $30 off the price for all three games individually, without even counting HL2 and Ep 1 (The individual cost for everything counting those two is over $120). You save another $5 by pre-ordering as well. Seriously, even if you have HL2 and Ep 1 already, how you can't find spending $45 for what will undoubtedly be three of the most entertaining games this year worth it is beyond me. They're practically giving them away at that price. I wish more companies offered this kind of value for your money.

Yamaneko
09-21-2007, 07:28 PM
I would've waited for another package if not for the fact that the only way to get into the TF2 beta was to preorder the Orange Box. It was definitely worth it. Come October 10 I'll probably have a little contest here to give away my extra copies of HL2 and HL2:EP1.

Did I mention that TF2 is like the greatest thing ever?

Necronopticous
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I've got mine preordered. Unfortunately, Team Fortress 2 keeps crashing my PC.

Captain Maxx Power
09-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm obliged to pre-order it, seeing as how I'll be doing most of the Planet Half-Life's sections on Episode 2 and Portal. Chances are I'll sit down and complete both in a single session.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-22-2007, 05:05 AM
I think I'll wait until they make yet another compilation with all of that plus Episode 3.

Rostum
09-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Won't be pre-ordering it, but I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the 360. Like it was supposed to a year ago. :mad2: smurfing delays. I'll have to tear myself away from Halo 3 to play it, though.

Didn't they cancel the Black Box edition? Or are they still bringing it to Xbox360?

Yamaneko
09-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I think I'll wait until they make yet another compilation with all of that plus Episode 3.
Have fun waiting until 2009. :)

The Black Box was canceled for retail release on all platforms. PC users will get a similar package as well as the individual games through Steam though.

Darth Tjador
09-22-2007, 03:24 PM
heck yai pre-ordered it its gonna be so awesome now me and my friend can play together the only thing is that it dosent have coounter strike:/

Darth Tjador
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
I found out how to get the counter strike game since it dosent have counter strike im gonna have to buy the counter strike game off of vavle website...dang it

Madame Adequate
09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I will almost certainly get The Orange Box. I've got HL2, but that's all, and I'd love to play the Episodes as well as TF2 and Portal.

Tidus Andronicus
09-30-2007, 01:53 AM
I am sooo going to get this... so I can finally own all the halflifes... and somewhat so I can try TF2...
but mostly... I just want Portal!