PDA

View Full Version : about those bombs

Miss_Lulu
09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
there are two high schools in my county.
north laurel high, and sout laurel high.
today south laurel high's students got sent up becos someone
left a not in the front office saying, and i quote, "you thought columbine was bad, you just wait"
and then appearently not even 15 minutes after they sent south laurel home, an announcement came on the intercom at north laurel stating that all students should report to their classrooms immediately.

i go to north high. i was in lunch when this announcement was made.
i've never seen so many people panic in my life.
yes we've had bomb threat drills before. or even bomb threats where they grouped us all together in the gym. but today they sent us all the way back to the football field, about a mile and a half behind the school.

north laurel high had a real life bomb threat, that they considered was so dangerous the moved us. kids were panic-ing. teachers were trying to get everyone together, were they could call roll and see if anyone was missing. i myself had a severe panic attack and had teachers making sure i didnt get over heated.

topic: have you ever had a school shooting or real bomb threat at your school?

I Took the Red Pill
09-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Way, way back, my elementary school got some anthrax threat and everyone had to be evacuated.

LunarWeaver
09-21-2007, 08:28 PM
We did have one, and they moved us to the football field too. Parents went psycho and dragged most of the kids out of school for the day. I was never scared or anything, though. It does make me wonder why people do such things.

I mean, if you think about it, if somebody was serious about doing lots of damage and killing lots of people, they wouldn't leave you a warning and extract everybody from the building. It's like calling somebody up and going, "Hi, I'm a serial killer, and I'll be killing you next Friday. Yeah, so you just look forward to that." I never really believed them when they would make a threat and let the whole world know.

Quindiana Jones
09-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Not at my school. But I was in a swimming pool in France and it got tear-gassed. I didn't know though, because I couldn't understand French well enough and I'd never experienced tear gas before. 'Twas great fun!

Faris
09-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I can't remember which situation made my school do this (either because of the shooting in Virginia or an actual threat), but near the end of the year last term the VP locked all the entrance doors except the front doors, of course, at 9 every day. It started with the side doors always being locked. Which made coming in at 7:45 every day a little more annoying.

Another situation: there was this girl, she goes somewhere else now, who would tell me "If I ever tell you to leave the school, leave." every now and then. I brushed it off, I knew she wouldn't do such a thing and she hasn't. If she did, I would be able to report her immediately and the cop station isn't even 5 minutes away from the school :D

Rase
09-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Last year someone told some friends via MySpace he was going to shoot up my school. Once I got there and saw all of the cops around I was like "Uh, huh?" Some cops were telling people to go home, so I stayed for one period and then left and took my friend home. We hung out the rest of the day, it was pretty sweet. Turns out the guys MySpace had been hacked by some friend of his in Pennsylvania (we were in California), so yeah. Got out of school for a day, so that was cool.

Marshall Banana
09-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Ehh, I remember these things happening when I was a student at South. On one occasion a teacher nearly hit me with a door he slammed open and ran down the hall in a panic, while my homeroom teacher didn't seem worried about the current situation even a little. All of us students were sent to the football field or told to run into the school to be piled into the science labs numerous times.

I wouldn't worry too much, if I were you. South Laurel High is plagued with ridiculous drama, but nothing terrible has happened so far; I don't know how it is with North.

rubah
09-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Not to my knowledge. We had drug searches a couple of times, but no threats like that.

oddler
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
We had quite a few bomb threats in my 9th and 10th grade years. Nothing was ever found and we usually went back inside if the school day wasn't half over yet.

Renmiri
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
At my work we got evacuated for bombs like 5 times... The first time I went back for my purse and took the elevator down (idiots had kept it on).

The 5th time we were all jokey about it... Until they actually found a crude bomb :(

Jimsour
09-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Last bomb scare I remember was when I was attending college and it was a very rainy monday morning, half an hour into the class when we where told to evacuate the building. The college was in the city center so the entire block of buildings/shops was evacuated. Back in the day it was a regular occurance.

Ouch!
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
My high school went on lockdown for a bit because two armed robbers were out and about somewhere nearby. Of course, this happened after I'd already left for college. D=

Tallulah
09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
The worst thing I've seen happen around a school was my friend's kid sister get run over after her first day at nursery. I was waiting at a bus stop with my mum after school to go shopping, and the car just hit her. It happened so fast I thought someone had thrown a dummy out of the car. The girl died later in hospital. :(

Though we did have someone at my secondary school, a couple of years above me, who was in a gang, actually murder someone from a 'rival' school. My cousin knew the boy who got murdered from her primary school That was sickening. :mad2:

Peegee
09-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah we've had bomb threats in my school. I used to think my school was pretty nice, but as I reached the higher grades I realised that the school is pretty lousy. Kids would call in bomb threats to get out of class, for example. One time, a NBA athlete went to our school and refereed a game. He walked by the bleachers and a girl ran up and leaped on him, bear hugging him until she was dragged away.

We have good students, but if you checked our record, you'll find stupid upper middle class whiny 'emo' kids everywhere, and spoiled brats amuck.

God I hate my high school.

Psychotic
09-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Me, a friend and the military kid (every school has one) talked about blowing up our school once. My friend was going to make a special potion out of dandelions that would make us all sick so we wouldn't have to go to school that day. Then we got bored and played Pokemon.

The Unknown Guru
09-21-2007, 11:23 PM
My middle school went on lockdown because someone was sighted with "dangerous weapons" across the street. Turns out it was a couple a-holes with pellet guns.

God, I hated my middle school.

Proxy
09-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I think my school had an intruder alert once. Might have been a drill, may have not been. Apparently it was the real deal, cause we were locked in our rooms for a good hour or two. I think the cops showed up. I don't remember clearly.
I know we had a fire at my school though. I GOT TO SEEDED THE FIRE-TWUCKS!
Lucky I live in a safe-ish town. I bet threats like that are pretty damn scary.

Momiji
09-22-2007, 03:30 AM
there are two high schools in my county.
north laurel high, and sout laurel high.
today south laurel high's students got sent up becos someone
left a not in the front office saying, and i quote, "you thought columbine was bad, you just wait"
and then appearently not even 15 minutes after they sent south laurel home, an announcement came on the intercom at north laurel stating that all students should report to their classrooms immediately.

i go to north high. i was in lunch when this announcement was made.
i've never seen so many people panic in my life.
yes we've had bomb threat drills before. or even bomb threats where they grouped us all together in the gym. but today they sent us all the way back to the football field, about a mile and a half behind the school.

north laurel high had a real life bomb threat, that they considered was so dangerous the moved us. kids were panic-ing. teachers were trying to get everyone together, were they could call roll and see if anyone was missing. i myself had a severe panic attack and had teachers making sure i didnt get over heated.

topic: have you ever had a school shooting or real bomb threat at your school?

Yes, we had a bomb/shooting threat last April. I was skeptical all the way through, but it was pretty awesome, everyone whipped out their cell phones to call home to call the school to get sent home...I didn't call in fear of getting my precious phone confiscated, but it turns out that it was already all over the news channels on TV, so my parents called and got me out of there. It was a pretty sweet deal, seeing that I got to go home, and the commotion was really amusing...oh and in the end it was just a threat, no danger truly involved.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-22-2007, 03:36 AM
I've been in several schools, and most of the recent ones have all had the drills, but no actual bomb threats or shootings or whatnot, thank the heavens. Not even a fire, but we've had tons of idiots set off false alarms - even during cold Canadian winters. Jerks!

Resha
09-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Yep. Some retarded ex-students thought it would be funny to phone the school and threaten it with a good ol' bombing. It wasn't funny, because it was in the middle of the A-Level exams, and the kids taking it had to evacuate and continue the exam in some utterly random place x___x How disturbing is that?

Rengori
09-22-2007, 06:42 AM
2 months before I moved out here there was grenade found in the principal's office.

Lynx
09-22-2007, 07:45 AM
i remember hearing of bomb threats at my high school but never when i was in it. i believe the year before i went to high school and then a year after. im not posotive they were bomb threats maybe something else but the school was evacuated.

final fantasy is stinky
09-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Just last year my school went into lockdown cuz there was a gun/knife threat. But the kid with a gun didn't get caught even though everyone knew he had it. The other kid got sent to some other school for the summer but he's back this year ^_^

Denmark
09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I had a couple bomb threats in high school; we evacuated and then rode school buses down to the elementary school (which is about 5 miles away from the high school) [also, small school district so there was only an elementary school and a jr/sr high]. It was more of an annoyance than anything else. Nothing was ever found.

escobert
09-22-2007, 03:52 PM
We had like30583058385 bombthreats. but anyways. Once they actually evacuated the school for I think it was 3 days.

o_O
09-22-2007, 04:07 PM
I used to work at a call centre for my ISP. One time this guy called up asking "What would you do if there was a bomb in your building right now?". It was pretty cool, we got evacuated and the rest of my shift was spent waiting around outside and talking to friends.