PDA

View Full Version : YOU HAVE BEEN DENIES

rubah
09-21-2007, 09:02 PM
1) What are your thoughts on EoFF's unbanning policy, now that it's been in place for a few months?
1.a) do you even KNOW eoff's unbanning policy?
1.b) Can you name anyone who has been unbanned by it?
1.c) Do you think it's more of a sign of weakness or of mercy to allow persons formerly restricted to return?

2) Who would you unban if you had the power and why?

3) Explore some real-life analogues to banning (ie, time out, jail, etc) and write what you think about these.

Quindiana Jones
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Eh? I see nothing new on the FAQ. It says pretty much the same thing as when I joined.

1.c) I'd say it's a sign of wisdom and compassion. :D

2) Devil Man. Just to see him be naughty and get banned again.

3) I don't know enough about English law to have a proper say in this.

Jimsour
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I always thought banning people was silly in the first place but I suppose I'm too laxadazy when it comes to those things.

Yamaneko
09-21-2007, 09:27 PM
It's been in place longer than a few months. Unless we're talking about something else entirely.

Heath
09-21-2007, 09:30 PM
1) What are your thoughts on EoFF's unbanning policy, now that it's been in place for a few months?
1.a) do you even KNOW eoff's unbanning policy?

"If it's brown drink it down, if it's black send it back?"

1.b) Can you name anyone who has been unbanned by it?

Baloki?

1.c) Do you think it's more of a sign of weakness or of mercy to allow persons formerly restricted to return?

Mercy makes the unbanner sound a bit up themselves really. "Man, imagine life without EoFF." "OH LORD SHOW MERCY." I suppose people change over time and often people are banned for being plain immature which would doubtlessly change anyway. So I'll say it's a sign of mercy.

2) Who would you unban if you had the power and why?

HOORJ. Because he was fantastic.

3) Explore some real-life analogues to banning (ie, time out, jail, etc) and write what you think about these.

I think that provided restrictions or bannings (such as jail) serve as a method of rehabilitation then there's a lot of use for them. If they are used simply to make life easier for the status quo with no other application (such as to keep order or protect others) then I have a problem with them, however. We're all human at the end of the day.

I Took the Red Pill
09-21-2007, 09:31 PM

I think it's a sign of everlasting weakness, because the internets is serious business.

scrumpleberry
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Ib) Nope

I don't see any real problems with it. Maybe some of the past bannings have been a little too hasty, and this would be a good way to remedy it.