PDA

View Full Version : You're doing this to spite me...

Wolf Kanno
09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
So I'm playing through FFIV Advance finally. I'm incredibly surprised at the sheer quality of the Advance series of FF games. One of the new features that has turned out to be more useful than first thought was the Beastiery. I never realized how many monsters in V and VI had useful items and now the same can be said of FFIV. This brings me to my problem...

So I just left the castle and I'm headed to the the Mist Village. I picked up the Goblin summon item but discovered that the Helldiver's drop the Cockatrice ones. The problem is... THEY WON'T SMURFING DROP THE ITEM!

Kain is currently level 23 while Cecil is Level 22 and have over 10,000 gil. Considering your party starts at level 10 and monsters drop barely 15 gil; one can see I've been here for awhile. I've already defeated the Mist Dragon but I just can't break myself away to pick up Rydia without having this damn item. I swear, this item's drop rate must be a fraction of a percent...

Have you had any issues getting items to drop in this game?

f f freak
09-22-2007, 12:46 PM
The only one I've been able to get is the Cockatrice one. It was my first fight with a Cockatrice on Mt. Hobs and it just dropped it. I could never get Goblin or the other one (I foget it's name)

09-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Those are rare. The only rare drop I ever got without trying was a bomb summon in one game (probably on my 60th playthrough). After spending more hours than I can count getting a pink tail to drop I gave up on my quest to get every rare item in the game on one save file.

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I can't say I'm looking forward to the Pink Tail quest... You know, I've never even got that item once. I've owned the game for years and played it countless times but I can't say I've ever acquired one once.

abrojtm
09-22-2007, 08:17 PM
In FFIV:A, there is a place in the Lunar Ruins that only consists of monsters that drop the summoning items. That's probably the best place to pick all of them up pretty quickly.

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2007, 08:32 PM
That's good to know... I'M FREE! Now I can go to Mist Village and allow Cecil the joy of ruining Rydia's life!:D

Bolivar
09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I think you spited yourself spending all that time to get it...lol FF can be a bitch like that.

Heath
10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I tried to get them a few times in both the SNES and GBA versions but simply gave up in the end because they wouldn't drop. Wasn't aware that there was a place in FFIVA that only dropped them, so I'll have to check that out.

Crossblades
10-14-2007, 04:52 PM
In FFIV:A, there is a place in the Lunar Ruins that only consists of monsters that drop the summoning items. That's probably the best place to pick all of them up pretty quickly.

I don't recall ever going to that place. Describe it's location

ValiantKnight
10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
At least the GBA version will allow you to more readily farm alerts(the items that cause the rarest battle in an area to occur)...

Ie you farm 99 of them, go to the pink puff room, use them, only get in battles with pink puffs.. then go back to the place where you can farm them.. and get 99 more...

If I recall, there is no "place to go back to" once you are at the pink puff room on the PS1 version. Not sure about the original version.

IWillKickU
11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I once sat in that room and fought 435 battles with the pinkies and they didn't drop me a single freakin' tail. I'm beginning to think that there is actually no pink tail, and the entire internet is involved in a conspiracy to keep me in the pink puff room.

ValiantKnight
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I've gotten a pink tail on the GBA version.
Never on the chronicles version however, where it would be put to more use... since that version doesn't have an *uber* shield.