PDA

View Full Version : Easiest/Hardest Square Game

Jessweeee♪
09-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Easiest: Threads of Fate, without a doubt.

Hardest: FFXII...or going for 100% on X-2 :p

Obviously everyone's going to have their own opinion.

50calCerberus
09-22-2007, 06:31 AM
uhh well id say:

easiest: ff7

hardest: i agree with ffXII and 100% on ffX-2
i would have said tof but last time i played it was so long ago...dont remember how hard or easy it was jus remember it was good...:D

Mogi
09-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Easiest, I'm not so sure....
I haven't played ToF, but, from what you've told me about it, I'd say it sounds like the easiest.

Hardest: FFXII if you want to complete everything.

LunarWeaver
09-22-2007, 08:23 AM
I thought VIII was ridiculously easy. I knew how to exploit everything from the start and it was all just...easy. Especially with Squall's limit.

The hardest I'll say is Vagrant Story. What a bitch.

Storm San
09-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I found FF3 DS very hard. Because of the lack of proper fenix downs , of proper leveling grounds, and of course, the hard bosses . (e.g. the final boss)

Hazzard
09-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Easy: VIII, it proved to be too flexible in the end, I could easily win battles in a matter of seconds, reaching level 99 was way too simple.

Hardest: (why is every saying XII, it's more time consuming and exhausting than actually proving difficulty. Only Yiazmat can pose annoyance and hardness)

I'll swing with FFIV, the monsters were so difficult that it threw me off the final dungeon, and playing it.

Darth Tjador
09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
easiest:ff10
Hardest:ff6 ps1
man ff6 is hard trying to get everything and get max lvls for me..

The Last Oath
09-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Easiest: VIII. the junction system makes you invinvible with 255 Str, Vit and Spr.. And you can reach this by the end of disc 2/3...

Hardest: FFXII def was time consuming but hardest was SO:3, especially on the harder difficulties

09-22-2007, 05:40 PM
easiest... I don't know, Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest?

hardest... anyone who isn't saying 7th Saga has obviously never played 7th Saga.

Slothy
09-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Easiest: FFVIII is the most easily exploitable from early on, so that one.

Hardest: FFT for Chocobo battles and Velius alone. I had to level grind so much to beat Velius my first time through that every story battle after was almost too easy.

Vermachtnis
09-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Easiest: Mystic Quest

Hardest: Star Ocean 3, Etheral Queen is a pain.

Markus. D
09-23-2007, 03:52 AM
Hardest: FFXI or Valkyrie Profile 2.

:]...

Ramza Beoulve
09-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Easiest: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Hardest: Einhänder

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Easiest: Tobal no. 1, even if you don't know how to play fighting games, this game is ridiculously easy...

Hardest: Vagrant Story...

50calCerberus
09-24-2007, 04:51 AM
umm im srry for goin off subject here but wth?! is mystic quest and 7th saga:confused:

LunarWeaver
09-24-2007, 04:55 AM
They're the bastard children of Square and Enix.

Vermachtnis
09-24-2007, 04:56 AM
umm im srry for goin off subject here but wth?! is mystic quest and 7th saga:confused:

Super Nintendo games. Mystic Quest AKA Final Fantasy USA is a very easy game with rockin soundtrack and 7th Saga is an Enix game. You create a character and then you are set free in the world.

50calCerberus
09-24-2007, 05:28 AM
lol k...wasnt ffusa ff1 ?

pspkilla
10-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Easiest: Dirge of Cerberus
Hardest: Final Fantasy IV- I had a hard time finding all the places, and was tottaly lost when I made it to the moon, lol.

Heath
10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Easiest that I've played would probably be either Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VII. Both great games but not exactly what I'd call challenging.

Hardest? Probably FFIV hardtype. Became a bit irritating at times when I was younger and playing it for the first time.

Vivisteiner
10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
FFs are generally easy.

FFVIII probly being easiest. FFXII probly being hardest.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 02:30 AM
it hurts to say it FFX-2 getting 100% it took me ages

yinyang3
11-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Threads of Fate was very easy, it's too bad that I really enjoy that game. I kinda wish the would remake it.

The hardest for me would probably be Final Fantasy VIII, I got lost for a while and didn't know where to go. Does that count as difficulty though? I don't think so...:confused:

Sefie1999AD
11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Easiest: Probably FFVIII because the Junctions made you practically invincible. FFVI also had things that made it very easy, such as Osmose and the Moogle Charm... and the fact that you keep all the EXP you've gained even if you die. This means you can always walk through the dungeon again and again, and even if you die, you'll still get stronger, and eventually you'll beat the dungeon.

Hardest: I'd say FFIV Hard Type because it was very tough, especially with the max speed. Even the normal monsters took me a long time to beat in the end, the final dungeon is really long and the final boss is probably the hardest in the series. FFT and FFXII are somewhat hard (I still haven't beat FFXII, though), but I still think FFIV Hard Type is the hardest.

Dreddz
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Easiest Square Enix game was Kingdom Hearts, and I hated it.

Their hardest is between three in my opinion, Dragon Quest, Einhander and Vagrant Story. I beat both Dragon Quest and Einhander because I enjoyed those games, Vagrant Story I did not.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2007, 02:29 AM
With KH it seems the more I leveled up in Destiny Islands, the harder of a time I'd have in Traverse Town :p

Crossblades
11-09-2007, 03:04 PM
lol k...wasnt ffusa ff1 ?

FF I and FFMQ are two different games. FF USA is FFMQ in Japan, because it literally was created by SE USA. It was created as an RPG for beginners

CloudDragon
11-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Long and tedious games like FFX-2 and FFXII aren't necessarily difficult.

Easiest: Probably Chrono Trigger or FFVIII. Chrono Trigger was short, simple, and easy to follow but still a great game. FFVIII's biggest flaw lies in it's difficulty being too easy. Perhaps if they had more limits on the junction system near the beginning it would have been more challenging.

Hardest: I really want to say FF1 here. The early RPGs of the late 80s and 90s didn't have as nearly as much dialog as they do these days. That being said, I thought it was much more difficult to navigate and find where you are going. Also the lack of resources such as an easy to access map of the world and adequate transportation throughout the game make it fairly difficult. Honorable mentions include FFIV, FFV, and Xenogears.

Remedy
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Easiest Dawn of Mana
Hardest Final Fantasy VIII it was pain in the.. , but I like the game

CloudDragon
11-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Easiest Dawn of Mana
Hardest Final Fantasy VIII it was pain in the.. , but I like the game

Very curious to hear your reasoning as to how FFVIII was hard in any aspect.

escobert
11-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Easiest VIII obviously.

Vagrant Story or Parasite Eve would be hardest imo.

Shotgunnova
12-09-2007, 11:11 AM
For me, easiest is no contest -- FFVIII. You can immediately augment your stats and, within two hours, get Degenerator! It doesn't help that limit breaks are the most abusable thing this side of a broken ATM.

Hardest that I've played is Vagrant Story. It's definitely refined and nuanced, but as hard as I try, I stumble repeatedly in fighting, keeping RISK down, building and correctly using weapons, etc. Great dialogue in the vein of FFT, but it can crush people going it alone pretty easily. Federal law should state it can't be sold without a manual. =p

Spuuky
02-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah, there is about one correct post in this entire thread:

"anyone who isn't saying 7th Saga has obviously never played 7th Saga."

Probably also the hardest RPG ever made. Bonus points for that.

The easiest is Final Fantasy anything and Chrono Trigger and any game made after the SNES and ...

Roogle
02-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I do not count 7th Saga because it is not a Square Enix game. It was made by Enix years before the merger — but it is a terribly difficult game. That would get my top vote if we are counting Square Enix, Squaresoft, and Enix games.

Easiest: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Hardest: 7th Saga / Vagrant Story

Sarc the Swordsman
02-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Vagrant Story was the hardest out of all the Square/Enix games I've played. The boss battles, and even some of the normal enemy encounters were excruciatingly difficult if you didn't have adequate equipment.

It still remains one of my favourite games of all time though.

As for the easiest, I found FF7 to be very easy. Aside from the optional boss battles, that is. I guess it was easy because in every playthrough I took the time to set up each character with a nice set of materia and equipment, and it was pretty easy to level up at any time in the game if you knew where to go.

Alucard von Elru
03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Hardest: Vagrant Story and Einhander, I'd wager. Although on the note of VS, Matsuno games are always more challenging than most other RPGs.

Easiest: Final Fantasy X or Chrono Cross

Best overall balance of challenge: Chrono Trigger

Laddy
03-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Easiest: FFVIII was ridiculously easy, I hated the Junction system!
"Honorable" Mentions: KH, FFX, Chrono Trigger

Hardest: FF1 was unnaturally hard.
"Honorable" Mentions: FFIII, SO3, FFV, Chrono Cross

feioncastor
03-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Easiest was most definitely Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Doesn't take more than 8-10 hours from start to finish, and that includes obtaining everything there is to get and essentially "mastering" the game.

And the hardest probably goes to FF1, since they didn't seem to have figured out how to employ a practical inventory and other bizzare things that just made the game unusually difficult.

Tabris
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
The easiest would have to be FF XII: Revenant Wings.

The hardest I guess would be... FFI, actually. It required a lot of levelling, and I found the dungeons more difficult than any other FF I've played so far.

Ace14
03-31-2008, 07:10 PM
For me the easiest game was probably final fantasy X except for the final summoning but I'm not much of a person to stand around and train and level up so maybe thats why.

Hardest game for me was FFXII, just everything was incredibly difficult and I don't even know why. Especially trying to get all the espers the monsters on the way to Zodiark are evil EVIl little things.

Monkey4Soul
04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Easiest: Dragon Warrior (if it counts)

Hardest: I don't really know many games outside FF, and none of them were hard IMO.

Gilghamut
04-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Easiest: FFX

Hardest Final Fantasy Tactics - mostly atop Riovanes Castle, and the battle with Elmdor; later in the game.

hhr1dluv
04-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Hrm...of the ones I have beaten (see below):
Kingdom Hearts II was the easiest.
Final Fantasy IV was the hardest.

Of the ones I have simply tried, Dirge of Cerberus seems to be very easy, and FFTactics seems to be very hard.

To all of you who have said that FF VIII is ridiculously easy, I assume it's because you take advantage of the junction system in a way that a casual gamer might not. But then, that's just an assumption. Question: do you all always flee from random battles in FFVIII? Is that one of the major ways to make it easier?

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Hrm...of the ones I have beaten (see below):
Kingdom Hearts II was the easiest.
Final Fantasy IV was the hardest.

Of the ones I have simply tried, Dirge of Cerberus seems to be very easy, and FFTactics seems to be very hard.

To all of you who have said that FF VIII is ridiculously easy, I assume it's because you take advantage of the junction system in a way that a casual gamer might not. But then, that's just an assumption. Question: do you all always flee from random battles in FFVIII? Is that one of the major ways to make it easier?

There are few threads in the VIII forum than can offer better detail but for me the best tricks are simply these:

1. Don't bother using offensive magic. Magic is terribly underpowered in this game and is only useful for stat maxing and basic defensive purposes (healing, haste, and Barrier etc..). Furthermore, stick to raising your physical attack and improving it as welll as speed.

2. Don't rely on the GFs. They're powerful but towards end game, bosses gain abilities that allow them to one shot them. You want to strike a balance with GFs and using your Junctioned Party. Besides, abusing your Limit Breaks is better and more efficient though a few GFs will always be useful (Doomtrain, Cerberus, Odin, and Gilgamesh).

3. Refining, is the key to becoming godly. Drawing spells from enemies is ok but abusing the ability to to refine items or lower level spells into higher level spells is even better. Refine abilities should be your number #1 priorty of obtaining from GFs. By the end of Disc 1, you can have the ability to refine Curaga's from Tents and these can practically triple your current HP.

As you can tell, the games system is incredibly broken and offers the easiest and simplest way of power-leveling in the series.

Back on topic... anyone else disappointed by how dirt easy the main story of Crisis Core is?

chionos
04-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Easiest: FFVIII or FFIX, or maybe FFMQ. Drakengard's pretty easy too

Hardest: Really no contest here. FFXI is easily the most challenging SE game. (Twice I spent 12+ hours on one single fight) Of course, MMO's are in another class, so I guess they don't count, in which case I'll say Vagrant Story since I haven't played 7th Saga, but I'm d/l that now and maybe I'll update later.
The DQ games are hard too, but only because they suck so bad I can't make myself finish them. DQVII took forever simply because I couldn't force myself to play.

leilei
04-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Easiest is Rad Racer.
Hardest was FF1.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Back on topic... anyone else disappointed by how dirt easy the main story of Crisis Core is?

Heh...yeah I only got stuck at the end (still stuck, actually). I'm only on Normal Mode though. I assume Hard Mode is actually difficult xD

Wolf Kanno
04-30-2008, 04:05 AM

Heh...yeah I only got stuck at the end (still stuck, actually). I'm only on Normal Mode though. I assume Hard Mode is actually difficult xD

Yeah it is but in a really annoying way. The enemies basically have 2 to 5x more health and do 2 to 5x more damage but their attack patterns are the same and they still lack aggression. Story mode is still easy...

Relapse
04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
e: 1 (get this, bring there, get something else, etc)
h: 6/7 (both have complicated stuff and a huge world IMO)

Roogle
05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Easiest is Rad Racer.
Hardest was FF1.

It is interesting that you knew that Rad Racer was a Squaresoft game. Did you really think that the game was that easy? I run out of time on the races after playing through the first handful of levels.