PDA

View Full Version : Managers

Rye
09-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Tell me about the worst manager or boss you've ever had/currently have. Remember, if you don't laugh, you cry. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Worst manager I ever had was for my old paper-round haha. They kept increasing then decreasing my wages. Bollocks to them, said I.

But what about you, Rye? What horrible managerial problems have you been having of late?

Rye
09-22-2007, 03:04 PM
My manager acts like the princess of TJ Maxx, and had a bitchfit at me for leaving at 7:59, instead of 8:00. D:

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
That whore. :(

Darth Tjador
09-22-2007, 03:10 PM
lol thats funny it would have 2 be my manager at a paper route he was a total jerk he still owes me 20 bucks for last weeks run

escobert
09-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I have way too many crazy stories about EVERYTHING for me to type. Rye if you really must hear them you would want to hear them in person anyways!

Darth Tjador
09-22-2007, 04:09 PM
lol.are they really that bad???

rubah
09-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Hmm, well the managers I had at whatta-burger were all pretty great. Mr. Ellis was pretty strict, but that was about it. Management was stingy with the money, but they were pretty decent people

41-Inches-Wide
09-22-2007, 05:47 PM
My manager is very good at communicating. But she sets deadlines about stuff I sometimes can't meet and/or try to death to beat.
Overall she's a good manager.

escobert
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
lol.are they really that bad???

No, I'm just too lazy to type huge posts :p

Tallulah
09-22-2007, 07:10 PM
My former manager, at the cleaning contract showed her haggered old face but three times, my induction, another prospective employee induction (who turned out to be ineligible for work as he couldn't produce the right papers), and once to deal with my former colleague (who was fired), who had been caught pilfering toilet tissue. (She was replaced by a much nicer fellow, though.) Can't bash her that much, though, she was nice, did the best with the material she was given, but she had 17 other stores to manage, and I don't think she really had it in her. :(

My current manager is a useless tosser. He is NOT a team player, is not the greatest communicator, and when things don't go his way, he takes it out on everyone else, including his own wife, who works there a couple of days a week. He goes off and does things on his own 'initiative,' then 'forgets' to tell anyone else, then whines when something we didn't have a clue about, is not delivered. :mad2:

Does my head in. I am working on my resume to e-mail to BT (I am pretty much a shoe-in there!) as we speak... :eep:

Jojee
09-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I've never had a problem with any of my managers :p My current one is really easygoing, he also goes to the same college as me and we're in the same class. :</>D

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2007, 07:21 PM
I've never had a problem with any of my managers :p My current one is really easygoing, he also goes to the same college as me and we're in the same class. :</>D

Sleep with him. Get a promotion.

Jess
09-22-2007, 08:49 PM
I've always got on with my bosses, thankfully. :jess:

Shiny
09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I had a manager lecture me because he says people can't talk and sweep at the same time.

XxSephirothxX
09-22-2007, 09:25 PM
My boss was a really awesome guy. Lax, but always willing to help out or teach me something I needed to know. He'd buy us lunch quite often, try to get me more hours when I wanted them, etc. Basically as good a boss as I could've asked for, except that sometimes he'd just leave on a nice day to take a hike or something.

Then, about six months after I left work to go to college, I found out he'd been embezzling funds from the library for about 10 years and had stolen at least $10,000. :p

Craig
09-23-2007, 12:22 AM
My boss is cool. She lets me play pranks and gives me a lift home sometimes.

Rengori
09-23-2007, 01:16 AM

Sleep with him. Get a promotion.

Jojo, I am your new boss.

Markus. D
09-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Well... ages and ages ago there was thes one manager.

She was cruel!

A total betch.

Resha
09-23-2007, 05:01 AM
I've only ever had one boss (for work experience) but he was great xD He listening to Don McLean, was passionately against the rival companies and let me go out for lunch as long as I wanted (mainly because I had little work xD) -- and since it was World Cup time and the street opposite was the one with all best pubs and restaurants -- it worked.

:roll:

Iceglow
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I could say Derek the Duty Manager. He had it a little rough at home, divorce, kids involved ect ect so maybe I could have forgiven him for the odd bit of bitching but well theres no way that excused the following:

He told me in a DISCIPLINARY ACTION HE GAVE ME (btw they're not allowed to hold a disciplinary if they give it you where I work so I had the written warning he gave me thrown out pretty sharpish) that "He didn't like me" and "didn't want me to work for the company" both of which were grounds for me to have him put on a disciplinary but when it came to the transcript of what was said those comments were struck from the record...my word versus the duty managers.

Told me a week before my permanent contract came through that if I failed to do all the work he set me (which btw was a ridiculous amount of clothing which is not even my dept) I wouldn't have a job the next week. He however had not done his homework I used to work in a clothing store, I whacked out the clothing faster than any clothing assistant could have, when the store manager said "Oh you've done a lot today" he claimed all responsibility and made it sound like I'd done nothing but get in the way. Strangely he hadn't been on shop floor since giving me the work he'd been in the canteen playing pool!

He regulary threatened to sack me or have me sacked because I wouldn't take crap from him or any other manager. In effect because my face didn't fit the company he didn't want me working there.

Thats about the worst manager I've had to work for, strangely the company and his divorce made him crack and he quit working for the place. Funny, he'd PROMISED me he would be there when I was long gone.