PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: If you have pre-ordered the collector's edition of Halo 3

Necronopticous
09-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Go change your pre-order right now before it's too late. The collector's edition has a moronic design flaw in the packaging that makes almost 100% of the discs fall loosely into the case to get scratched beyond repair in the shipping process. Two different friends of mine who got their advance copies in the mail today both had discs so badly scratched that they were unplayable out of the packaging.

There is a thread on the NeoGAF boards about it with pictures:

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !! - NeoGAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192476)

Don't count on getting lucky, downgrade your reservation. Save $10 and be safe.

demondude
09-22-2007, 09:52 PM
lOl n00bs miCrosoft sucs.

*stares at smash dojo website pressing refresh every 5 seconds.*

Tavrobel
09-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, maybe we can get Master Chief to sign the helmet. It's not a total waste of money.

Ohh, wait.

XxSephirothxX
09-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Helmet edition isn't Collector's edition, anyway. Otherwise I would be upset. :p

It's a pretty lame manufacturing blunder, regardless. I wonder what the percentage of fucked up cases is.

Momiji
09-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Another brilliant high quality Microsoft product if you ask me. Good thing I really have no interest in Halo or the XBox. (I love my Wii~)

Shoeberto
09-26-2007, 06:04 AM
I guess everyone I know has the basic one, because in the midst of all of the Halo talk on campus today nobody's complained about a non-functioning disc. That's pretty sucky to have happen though.