PDA

View Full Version : updaters and installers blocked .... help

Namelessfengir
09-22-2007, 11:36 PM
okay i don't really know how i did this or even remember doing it, that'll make fixing it harder.

anyway i needed to make a neat network diagram so i went and got the smartdraw installer. i doubleclick and it goes to get the licence agreement and my firewall asks if ill allow it. i do and it just says it can't conect. so i tried a few times before noticing that its trying to go to 127.0.0.1

it might be from a virus or i might have screwed it up myself this is looking to be a big problem cuz it affects my firewall and virus scanners.

any suggestion other than reinstall? also im on crap dialup so anything big will take a few hours to download

o_O
09-23-2007, 01:02 AM
127.0.0.1 is the address of your loopback adapter. Kind of like a network connection that goes back to your own computer instead of the internet or other networked computer. Do other applications give you similar errors?

You should try disabling your firewall.

Namelessfengir
09-23-2007, 01:53 AM
127 = loopback knew that

anyway fixed it, had firewall set block ip in/out where ip = any

exact wording is : allow and log ip in or out from ip [any] to ip[any] where ipproto is any

o_O
09-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Your firewall was blocking all IPs? That would've prevented you from posting here. Are you sure it wasn't just blocking certain ports? The problem you had could easily have been caused by not having the correct ports forwarded.