PDA

View Full Version : Second Hand Treasures!

Ramza Beoulve
09-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Me, doing a thread? Yeeeah :p

Well, anyways, do you buy second hand games?

Most of my collection are used games. I just can't imagine someone selling to second hand dealers Megaman games, Final Fantasy Games, or even Gran Turismo games.

Now, I just bought Metroid: Zero Mission, and all but three of my GBA games are second hand, even I got a Final Fantasy DoS and a Rockman Zero game, that made me quite mad when I saw them, but I bought them in the instant (just $10, a real deal)

Ok, go!...

Well, do you? :mog:

Bolivar
09-23-2007, 03:24 AM
well it was a friend of mine who put me onto Metal Gear Solid and let me borrow his copies of 1 and 2 (which had just came out) so i beat those.

about a year later i had a craving to play them again so i decided to get my own copies and I got them both for a total of $12. One of the best deals I've ever gotten considering how great they are.

Araciel
09-23-2007, 11:47 PM
i buy/rent/borrow many obscure PS1 games and burn them to my HD...my most recent and delicious acquisition was jumping flash! 2: big trouble on little muu

theundeadhero
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I usually do unless it's a game I really anticipate.

Renmiri
09-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Its very rare that I buy a new game.

Rostum
09-25-2007, 09:03 AM
i buy/rent/borrow many obscure PS1 games and burn them to my HD...my most recent and delicious acquisition was jumping flash! 2: big trouble on little muu

Jumping Flash games were awesome, so was Motor Toons Grand Prix 2.

Oh and I never buy used games. Though, ever since the NES came out, I used to hire games up until the PS2 came out. I remember times when I used to stand there for 30 minutes trying to choose which game I should hire, lol.

The Ceej
09-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Why would anyone buy a new game if it's available used for 2/3 the price? Better yet, sometimes a pawn shop has PlayStation games for $5. There's no reason to buy them new unless they are unavailable used.

LunarWeaver
09-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I do. Sometimes with some franchises, I buy them right away, but otherwise I always wait for the usedness.

Although, I did read this article once that talked about how used games hit the industry hard, because only that person gets money and not the company. It makes me feel guilty in a way, like I'm poking the gaming industry with a large stick and laughing at it.

The Ceej
09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Think about it this way, Lunar. In order for it to be available to buy used, someone had to have bought it new. That helps me sleep at night.

Nifleheim7
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm very picky when it comes to buying games but when i decide to buy something i'll buy it new.
If it is a franchise that i'm not familiar with,i'll rent it for a couple of days and if i like it i'll buy it (new).This helped me save a lot of money from buying crappy games.

I'll buy a second hand copy only if i'm very desperate and it's impossible to find it new (or if it's price is very high) and only if it's complete with box and booklet.

Shoeberto
09-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Used games make up most of my PS2 collection. In fact, I think the only game I have for it that was bought retail was Jak II, which is a Greatest Hits copy, and was a gift at that. Used games are awesome.

The Unknown Guru
09-25-2007, 11:07 PM
The most recent new game I bought was FFXII. My newest system is the Gamecube. I refuse to modernize.

Rengori
09-28-2007, 03:56 AM
I only buy new games if the game has been out for a month or less. Everything else is used.

Rostum
09-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Why would anyone buy a new game if it's available used for 2/3 the price? Better yet, sometimes a pawn shop has PlayStation games for $5. There's no reason to buy them new unless they are unavailable used.

Try finding used PS1 and PS2 games in Australia, that are actually decent games.

Heath
09-28-2007, 12:17 PM
The most recent new game I bought was FFXII. My newest system is the Gamecube. I refuse to modernize.

Same here actually in terms of consoles. I do own a DS but I think the only games that I bought for it new were Castlevania: DoS and Diddy Kong Racing.

New games are just ridiculously expensive and given that I've never had a job, used games were the only way I could actually afford to buy them. Unless it's something I really want or it coincides with me having money then I'll buy used. For instance, FFXII was released on my birthday this year, which is why I bought it new.