PDA

View Full Version : OBJECTION!

Goldenboko
09-23-2007, 04:13 AM
There are just some lines in video games that you can't help but slip up with sometimes...
Have you ever accidentally made a reference to a video game? What where the your/the people around you reaction to it? What was the reference?

The other day my friend went, "Look he was clearly guilty" and I yelled "OBJECTION!" I didn't even mean it, it was quite embarassing >.>

DAMN YOU PHOENIX WRIGHT!

Ouch!
09-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Shouting out "Objection!" "Hold it!" and "Take that!" are about the only things I can think of right now, and I only shouted those out 'cause I was replaying the first one recently. I'm sure I've used others that aren't coming to mind.

Captain Maxx Power
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I never accidentally make references to video games, seeing as how I have full control over my voice... :screwy:

Ashi
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Like others, I can only think of Objection, Igiari, Hold it. But it's more of an inside joke with my siblings and I, even the ones that did not play Phoenix Wright.

I'm sure if I sit my sibings down and brainstorm we will find that our entire lives are compiled of video game references, we just don't realize it anymore.

Tallulah
09-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I got my mum using Seifer's 'chicken-wuss' sass. She seriously uses it around me in the right context; it's weird. :screwy: And I use it, especially to Jason. But it's okay for me since I actually played Final Fantasy VIII

Also, the other week, me Lee and Jason walked around and out of Boots in a single file and I said: "What am I in Final Fantasy VIII or something?" Lee plays it too, so I didn't feel too stupid, but Jason had no idea what we were talking about.

Ryoko Masaki
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
There are just some lines in video games that you can't help but slip up with sometimes...
Have you ever accidentally made a reference to a video game? What where the your/the people around you reaction to it? What was the reference?

The other day my friend went, "Look he was clearly guilty" and I yelled "OBJECTION!" I didn't even mean it, it was quite embarassing >.>

DAMN YOU PHOENIX WRIGHT!

i can just imagine that..i would laughed my ass off :p
It still sounds hilarious.

Vermachtnis
09-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Baiba! I wouldn't do anything like that, zam. Saying things like that is a little strange, zam. On a side note. I heard someone yell, "Objection!" in class before, zam.

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Mostly just objection.....sometimes when people ask me what I wanna be when I get older I say "blitzball."

Lawr
09-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Da...tte...bayo...

Markus. D
09-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I had a small phase where I would say "Zam" in every sentence (somtimes multiple times).

Right now it's just "Desu" but that's not even from a videogame :[

Laddy
09-23-2007, 07:28 PM
You spoony bard!

Peter_20
09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I remember a Swedish guy who used to shout "mitt bläckhorn!" instead of "Objection!".

"Mitt bläckhorn!" is Swedish and means "my ink bottle!".

Hazzard
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I remember when I was play fighting with a couple of guys in my school, and shouted:

'IT'S THE TIME!' My friend thought it was something you would hear from Kingdom Hearts 2, I was very embarrassed.

Rengori
09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I've said Son of a Submariner before, but that was intentional and I was hanging around fellow FF nerds.