PDA

View Full Version : Funny Money (Or Counterfeit This!)

The Ceej
09-23-2007, 06:56 AM
I just spent the last few hours on my computer making this work of art
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/hi1fan/CeejNew20.jpg
only to find out my printer is a tyrannical fascist. See, naturally, I'd want to print a few copies for good times, but my printer just prints a little bit of it, assumes I'm trying to counterfeit money and then prints a web address, "http://www.rulesforuse.org." Only problem is, these rules don't apply to me because I'm not trying to print a duplicate of actual currency. My printer might know that if it printed a little more of it. What I'm trying to print is considered, by law, to be different enough to not be considered counterfeit.

A. It's one sided.
B. Even a retarded, blind monkey could tell the difference between this and actual currency.

So, now I have to find out how I'm going to make color, paper versions of my really cool work of art. Odds are that all printers made after this one won't let me print it either, so going to the store to buy a new printer won't do me any good. I guess my options now come down to friends and family with older (yet still high quality) printers than mine. I mean, seriously. Is counterfeit really that big of a problem where they have to do these with printers? Are people really making counterfeit bills in a computer printer? What kind of moron would take this money? Just had to get that off my chest.

The Ceej

Lawr
09-23-2007, 07:01 AM
topic pls

The Ceej
09-23-2007, 07:05 AM
It's a rant. I had no idea where to post a rant. I guess the topic is anything relevant.

Lynx
09-23-2007, 07:10 AM
isnt it still illegal cause even though its an obvious counterfeit its still none the less a counterfeit.

Rengori
09-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Change the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" part to "LAND OF THE CEEJ"

blackmage_nuke
09-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Find a foreign printer

Or try flipping the image upside down and printing that, lets see how clever this government is

Old Manus
09-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Print over actual twenty dollar notes.

rubah
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Change the value. make it a $25 bill.

The Ceej
09-23-2007, 06:45 PM
isnt it still illegal cause even though its an obvious counterfeit its still none the less a counterfeit.

No. No, it's not. Slick Times had a whole series of fake bills and they were printed on both sides. By puting me on the bill and taking Andrew Jackson off, it makes it different enough to not be considered a counterfeit. Besides, even if I were counterfeiting bills with my home printer, what kind of moron would take said bills?

Find a foreign printer

Or try flipping the image upside down and printing that, lets see how clever this government is

Except that's going to be difficult to find a foreign printer. I took your advice and tried flipping the bill upside down. That didn't work. Got the same thing. Also, last night, I tried printing it in landscape, which would print it sideways which still didn't work. I hate my printer.

Peegee
09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I didn't know that printers had such abilities.

Try to 'confuse' the printer by putting the image on top of another, complicated image (like say, landscape photos) and see if the printer will print it.

From the webpage you referenced:

The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550, in Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, permits color illustrations of U.S. currency, provided that:

1. the illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated;
2. the illustration is one-sided; and
3. all negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof are destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use.

The Ceej
09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I didn't know that printers had such abilities.

Try to 'confuse' the printer by putting the image on top of another, complicated image (like say, landscape photos) and see if the printer will print it.

From the webpage you referenced:

The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550, in Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, permits color illustrations of U.S. currency, provided that:

1. the illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated;
2. the illustration is one-sided; and
3. all negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof are destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use.

Tried that. Somehow, my printer was still able to see what I was trying to do.

As for those rules. Again, they only apply to those trying to duplicate currency. I have modified currency enough where it's significantly different and therefore, those rules do not apply to me. Is it too much to ask to be able to print this art that I spent hours making? I mean, seriously. Who the hell thinks I'd try to pass it off as actual money?

Lynx
09-24-2007, 01:11 AM

No. No, it's not. Slick Times had a whole series of fake bills and they were printed on both sides. By puting me on the bill and taking Andrew Jackson off, it makes it different enough to not be considered a counterfeit. Besides, even if I were counterfeiting bills with my home printer, what kind of moron would take said bills?

oh. back in the day when me and my freind printed fake ones with our faces on it the teacher yelled at us and mase us throw it away telling us it was illegal despite being obvious. but she was probably jsut telling us that so we wouldnt print anymore out and possibly print money with the intent of useing it even though we had no intentions too.