PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2007-08

Hazzard
09-23-2007, 04:26 PM
So, has anyone ever played this game? I'm addicted to these managerial football games, can't wait for the next one!

Cz
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I haven't owned one in a while, but I'm definitely going to pick up FM2008 when it comes out. I expect I'll lose a few months of my life to it, as well. :D

DK
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah I get addicted to them as well. My last game played had me randomly managing Darlington and making them totally invincible with 34 year old Uraguayans and Iraqi international strikng legend Younis Mahmood, who was unstoppable for me. I was on an 18 game unbeaten streak last time I played it

Hazzard
09-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm definitely going to be controlling the Gunners (Arsenal) on this one, and it's getting released this Sunday, 30th September in England.

I've usually broken stuff in the past from losing in the game, but my temper cooled down from the last FM07. I love moving to Barcelona in my files, and I usually take the name: "Jermaine Wright" as manager, I like being 38 years old as well.

Cz
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm definitely going to be controlling the Gunners (Arsenal) on this one, and it's getting released this Sunday, 30th September in England. That's just the demo, if I remember rightly. But with a game as great as FM, I guess it's even possible to get hooked by a demo.

I'll probably have a fun game as Arsenal when I start up, just until the first couple of patches have been released and the vast majority of the bugs removed. Then I'll start my "serious" game as a League 2 or Conference side, and see how far I can take them. Getting to 2030 or something and having a league full of regens is one of the most fun things about FM, if you ask me.

Hazzard
09-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm definitely going to be controlling the Gunners (Arsenal) on this one, and it's getting released this Sunday, 30th September in England. That's just the demo, if I remember rightly. But with a game as great as FM, I guess it's even possible to get hooked by a demo.

I'll probably have a fun game as Arsenal when I start up, just until the first couple of patches have been released and the vast majority of the bugs removed. Then I'll start my "serious" game as a League 2 or Conference side, and see how far I can take them. Getting to 2030 or something and having a league full of regens is one of the most fun things about FM, if you ask me.

:eek: That can take years...

Heath
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I keep meaning to actually get around to buying one of these games because I think I'd really enjoy them but I've never played one. A number of my friends do, and I spend enough time moaning about Everton to fix the squad in a game that's for sure. Are they easy enough to pick up, would you say?

DK
10-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Piece of piss to get into, and you can take time to actually grasp the huge depth of the games while still being able to progress in a league and play easily.

Nothing makes me happier than releasing negative comments to the media about Graeme Souness as often as possible. Even funnier when it's the manager of some random league 2 team who has never come across him before anyway.

Jess
10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I fucking bought Loz Championship manager 06/07 recently and then I find out everybody is bored of CM and is playing Football Manager.

and now FM 07-08 is out? arse.

I'd love play it but my laptop is a load of toss and overheats all of the time.

Rostum
10-18-2007, 01:18 AM
I hate American football, let alone managing teams for it. How boring!

DK
10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Good thing no one is talking about American football games then, isn't it?

Rostum
10-19-2007, 05:36 AM

I still stand by my opinion that a game on managing a sports team is utterly and completely boring. :D

blim
10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I've recently picked up FM 07 again after not playing for ages. I normally have two games on the go, a proper one with Brentford and a cheating one with another team. (i play two because turning Brentford into a good side gets frustrating)

My Liverpool side went about 8 games unbeaten (although with the squad i assembled they should do)

Omecle: Its not boring, addictive as crack but not boring (except for people around you when you are playing. My ex started throwing things when i asked her who to play on the left wing at 3am once)

Hazzard
10-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm managing Arsenal and just signed up Giampablo Pazzini and Vincent Kompany. I'm 1st in the Premiership, and unbeaten except for League Cup (played weak team).

demondude
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
I played a game like that once.

I was playing as chelsea and for some stupid reason Frank lampard left my squad and joined s:skull::skull::skull::skull:horpe so I gave up.

EDIT: S-C-U-N-T-H-O-R-P-E stupid swear filters.:p

blim
10-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Well ive now got 08 and started as the mighty Bees (Brentford not Barnet). Oh dear, no transfer funds, over the wage budget to start with and they expect promotion :( Oh well, managed to sign Jody Morris on a free. Think i'm gonna struggle.

I dont like the new skin though. And how many disallowed goals!!!

Oh and Hazzard, i hope Kompany does as well for you as he did for me on 07

Cz
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Picked it up today, and I haven't been disappointed so far. Still have nailed down my tactics yet, but my Arsenal side have looked pretty comfortable so far. The game itself is just more of the same, with a few tweaks here and there, but when the existing product is so great it's hard to complain. I'm looking forward to getting very, very hooked on this. :D

Hazzard
10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey, Cz. Fabregas will be the key player for ya, man. He's been a rock for me in the midfield, the tactics I use have been great so far, Eduardo has been my star striker along with Pazzini. Kompany was injured for two months so he's just starting to settle in right now, Theo's a bit rusty at the moment and needs to go on loan I think. I dumped Lehman quick enough to replace him with Almunia, who's been more than satisfying.

Old Manus
10-26-2007, 09:01 PM

:eek: That can take years...Quite.

Hazzard
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
However, those few years will be wholly cherished.

Madame Adequate
10-26-2007, 10:19 PM

I still stand by my opinion that a game on managing a sports team is utterly and completely boring. :D

Even *I* used to like Champ Man games. Haven't played one in about a decade, granted, and I much prefer strategy stuff these days, but the appeal is a good deal stronger than you'd think.

DK
10-26-2007, 10:27 PM
It is ridiculously easy to get addicted to the CM games. But fuck me, I've only ever finished one season, let alone gone long enough to get all regens. Fuck that xD

Cz
10-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Just beat Man. United 3-2 in the league. Matches like that in FM are more emotionally involving than any other game I've played. I love my Robin Van Persie, I do. :D

DK
10-26-2007, 11:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/facup.jpg

this was awesome and something I PM'd to Paul just because :love:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/derbyraep.jpg

Probably my favourite match ever though!

Madame Adequate
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Piece of piss to get into, and you can take time to actually grasp the huge depth of the games while still being able to progress in a league and play easily.

Nothing makes me happier than releasing negative comments to the media about Graeme Souness as often as possible. Even funnier when it's the manager of some random league 2 team who has never come across him before anyway.

Wait, are you saying that you can randomly diss Scotsmen in this game?

DK
10-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Yep! You can diss or praise any of the other managers in the game. I just abuse Graeme Souness constantly because he's a giant fuckup.

Madame Adequate
10-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Yep! You can diss or praise any of the other managers in the game. I just abuse Graeme Souness constantly because he's a giant smurfup.

This is actually sufficient to make me think about getting the game.

Heath
10-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Yep! You can diss or praise any of the other managers in the game. I just abuse Graeme Souness constantly because he's a giant smurfup.

This is actually sufficient to make me think about getting the game.

You're not the only one.

I think I'll see about getting one of them sometime this week or something. I am suitably convinced that I could do with a new gaming addiction and/or leading some crap team to Premiership glory. I'll start with Tranmere Rovers because it'll mean I won't have to move house when I try for the Everton job =D

DK
10-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I got my quality copy off Mininova, and they always have tons of copies. :monster:

Hazzard
10-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Cz, I'll post my 5 - 1 hammering of Man U soon enough. It was an away game by the way...