PDA

View Full Version : Chocobos, Moogles, Cids; The Worlds are Connected

Depression Moon
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
In prior concern to the most successful and long running (DQ had sat out for quite a few years they would've been ahead if they didn't take that long gap between VI and VII) traditional RPG franchise. We an anthology of worlds about war, magic, and love. The series worlds are all bound to connection by the fluffy yellow chocobos, occasional moogles, and Cid. Is this just a simple fluke just something to symbolze that this is the FF series, or does it have a deeper connection. The first few born FFs have gone in similar plot relation involving the elemental crystals, the one Life crystal in IX and they seem to make a return in XIII as well. Is the series worlds are all ultimately connected in a strung universe and eventually form to a union or all these stories really are just seperate with common items?

LunarWeaver
09-23-2007, 08:29 PM
According to crossover slash fanfiction, they are all deeply connected.

Tallulah
09-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Chocobos, Moogles and Cids are merely tradition in the Final Fantasy series. Though there are theories that the Final Fantasy X universe eventually became the Final Fantasy VII universe, because Shinra finds a way to harness the energy of the Farplane (Mako energy anyone?), and Final Fantasy VIII mentions Centra shelters (which were converted into the Gardens), and in Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth mention that some of the ancient race of the Cetra gave up their nomadic lifestyle and build shelters!

Hmmm... :confused:

Slothy
09-23-2007, 10:28 PM
For the last time; the worlds are not connected. Even if they were meant to take place within the same Universe, every game would be set thousands, if not millions of years apart. Long enough for all recorded history to be destroyed a dozen times over and civilization to start from scratch multiple times. Such a connection would be meaningless anyway though. They're not connected, and no amount of fanboy speculation and wishful thinking will make it so.

ReloadPsi
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
The worlds aren't connected; they just have stuff in common to make sure the next game has people going "Yes, this IS an FF game so I will give it a good score".

Renmiri
09-24-2007, 12:04 AM
They are all the same world and Tidus is in all of them ;)

09-24-2007, 12:49 AM
sigh.... let me dig up my response to the last thread like this.

I think it's obvious that all of the FFs are connected. They all have characters named Cid. Many of them have magic, chocobos, and moogles.

Also, all of them have trees, mountains, and oceans. They have humanlike characters as well. This is obviously designed to show the series is all connected.

Furthermore, imps/goblins exist in other RPGs as well, and other RPGs have magic like "cure" and "fire." This shows that not only do all FFs take place in the same world, but all RPGs, in fact, take place in the same world.

My red pen and "final fantasy" have been mentioned in the same sentence, just now. My red pen and "final fantasy" are all a part of the same world. My world exists within final fantasy, not the other way around. that's how science works!

Hyperion4444
09-24-2007, 02:02 AM
I think it's obvious that all of the FFs are connected. They all have characters named Cid. Many of them have magic, chocobos, and moogles.

Also, all of them have trees, mountains, and oceans. They have humanlike characters as well. This is obviously designed to show the series is all connected.

Furthermore, imps/goblins exist in other RPGs as well, and other RPGs have magic like "cure" and "fire." This shows that not only do all FFs take place in the same world, but all RPGs, in fact, take place in the same world.

My red pen and "final fantasy" have been mentioned in the same sentence, just now. My red pen and "final fantasy" are all a part of the same world. My world exists within final fantasy, not the other way around. that's how science works!

DarkLadyNyara
09-24-2007, 04:47 AM
No, they are not connected. First, there is not a single FF-specific element that is present in all of the games. Many of them have different races, gods, systems of magic, afterlives, ect. References do not a connection make. Unless, of course, you want to claim that the Legend of Zelda series somehow fits into the mix. :D

sigh.... let me dig up my response to the last thread like this.

Win. :D

Bolivar
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
This is something that fans have been wondering for a long time. You have wishful thinkers who piece together certain peculiarities, then you have the hateful group that adamantly claim that the series is and never will be connected. However, it is in fact true that at least two of the games are connected, as put forth by the developers.

Like you said, chocobos, moogles and cids appear in different games throughout the series. I would have to say that at the very least this is conceptual continuity rather than an actual physical setting continuity.

Final Fantasy IX did many things that left even more players scratching their heads as to if they are indeed connected. However, I feel the developers put forward this:

that it is the memories of these games that connect them all together. The certain aspects and even strategies from older games continue on into newer ones, and similar personalities are brought back to life in different forms (Leonheart FFII-Leonheart FFVIII). Are they really connected? The developers have never stated definitively yes or no, except that X & VII are, but I think they intended to keep us guessing.

Depression Moon
09-24-2007, 11:20 PM
I really never understood how VII and X can be connected firstly. X's planet is called Spira and VII isn't mentioned, but with the projection of the solar system it seems to be set in an alternate Earth. Also in X the names of the cities and countries are all diffferent than VII's and the planet is much smaller. If VII is the future then the planet should remain relatively the same or get even smaller. Plus Mako seems to be a recent discovery in VII as stated by one of the NCPs, probably only a few years or perhaps a couple of decades old.

To whoever put that quote up you must put that idiotic sarcasm away because you perfectly well knew that I was referring to story and universe, not just as games.

cloud21zidane16
09-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Chocobos, Moogles and Cids are merely tradition in the Final Fantasy series. Though there are theories that the Final Fantasy X universe eventually became the Final Fantasy VII universe, because Shinra finds a way to harness the energy of the Farplane (Mako energy anyone?), and Final Fantasy VIII mentions Centra shelters (which were converted into the Gardens), and in Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth mention that some of the ancient race of the Cetra gave up their nomadic lifestyle and build shelters!

hmm, i feel a sequel coming on:p

Takara
09-25-2007, 03:11 AM
Actually, the only games that are connected are Tactics and XII (and Vagrant Story, but it's not a FF game). They take part in the same world, just in different regions and time periods.

Araciel
09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
aside from the obvious, they're not connected. that's like saying star wars is in there....

maybe it is

Heath
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
aside from the obvious, they're not connected. that's like saying star wars is in there....

maybe it is

Well, Biggs DOES die in both FFVII and A New Hope!

PeneloRatsbane
09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
when reading about Gilgamesh, in XII, it says he travels the "dimensions" and he has tidus, cloud and squalls swords.
i always just thought of it as the same world just different dimensions

Tallulah
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I really never understood how VII and X can be connected firstly. X's planet is called Spira and VII isn't mentioned, but with the projection of the solar system it seems to be set in an alternate Earth. Also in X the names of the cities and countries are all diffferent than VII's and the planet is much smaller. If VII is the future then the planet should remain relatively the same or get even smaller. Plus Mako seems to be a recent discovery in VII as stated by one of the NCPs, probably only a few years or perhaps a couple of decades old.

It seems to me that Mako had been used for quite a while, and it was one of Shinra's distant future family members, who had finally worked out how to harness it as an energy source. Also, the world in FFVII is never named in the first game (only as 'the Planet'), so it might well have been Spira. That said, the FFVII universe is later called 'Gaia', I believe. So perhaps it is just merely a reference, like Leonhart (I => VIII) and Cids, Moogles, Chocobos etc. Just a sign to say HAI FANBOYZ!!!!!!!!111 LEWK!!!!!!!!11111one :greenie:

hmm, i feel a sequel coming on:p

Oh God, what have I done...? :eek:

jammi567
10-02-2007, 09:48 PM

It seems to me that Mako had been used for quite a while, and it was one of Shinra's distant future family members, who had finally worked out how to harness it as an energy source. Also, the world in FFVII is never named in the first game (only as 'the Planet'), so it might well have been Spira. That said, the FFVII universe is later called 'Gaia', I believe. So perhaps it is just merely a reference, like Leonhart (I => VIII) and Cids, Moogles, Chocobos etc. Just a sign to say HAI FANBOYZ!!!!!!!!111 LEWK!!!!!!!!11111one :greenie:
And who says it has to be on the same planet? For all you know, the Spirians could have discovered space travel, and travelled to Gaia.

Tabris
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
And who says it has to be on the same planet? For all you know, the Spirians could have discovered space travel, and travelled to Gaia.

I believe this is the case. In X-2, the Al Bhed-boy Shinra (!) says that he might be able to detract the pyrefly-energy from the Farplane and use it. According to the interview I read, and which have been quoted many places, he never succeeded. But his family, a thousand years later, moved to another planet (which is Gaia) and there the Shin-Ra company developed Mako.

Raebus
10-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Right, that makes perfect sense. You should write fanfics and become famous. Now, you could either believe that or believe that each game is stand alone and a different game with things taken from other ff games. They aren't connections, just good bits from other games that served the other games well and would with the game they're used in.

ETC.