PDA

View Full Version : Was it meant 2 be?

Levian
09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
How did your parents meet eachother? and if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, how did you meet her/him?

My dad is something of a workaholic, he dropped out of school at 14 and has worked ever since. Over the years he's been everything from a sailor to a metal worker to having an administrative office job in a shipping company, which is what he does now. When he was 17 he moved out from his parents because he had gotten a job in a town quite far away, which happened to be where my mother lived. There they met eachother randomly on a subway station. He found her attractive, so he tried starting a conversation. He asked her how much the clock is, she didn't answer, she pointed up at the big clock hanging from the ceiling. He said thanks. After a while he took out a cigarette and asked her if she had a lighter, she did not have a lighter. It was revealed at a later moment that he did in fact have a lighter in his pocket. :D That was how they first met, later they ended up having some mutual friends and got to know eachother a little more. He invited my mom to come visit him at his place, she didn't know him too well so she was quite nervous on the way over there, and it didn't help much when he opened the door with a pocket knife in his hands. :D fun fun. Been married for thirty-something years now.

It's not many years since I heard this story so I was very amused by it. Makes me wonder how my grandparents met too etc. Gonna have to try find that out.

demondude
09-23-2007, 08:24 PM
I met my mum in a dump yard and we've been married ever since...

LunarWeaver
09-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Aww, that's cute Levian <3

My parents met in high school and my dad wanted sex and my mom was fugly so she gave it up. Then she got pregnant and they had to marry each other because of the horrible accident.

Hazzard
09-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I met my mum in a dump yard and we've been married ever since...

No, seriously. That's just fucked up...:rolleyes2

Rye
How did your parents meet eachother? and if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, how did you meet her/him?

My dad is something of a workaholic, he dropped out of school at 14 and has worked ever since. Over the years he's been everything from a sailor to a metal worker to having an administrative office job in a shipping company, which is what he does now. When he was 17 he moved out from his parents because he had gotten a job in a town quite far away, which happened to be where my mother lived. There they met eachother randomly on a subway station. He found her attractive, so he tried starting a conversation. He asked her how much the clock is, she didn't answer, she pointed up at the big clock hanging from the ceiling. He said thanks. After a while he took out a cigarette and asked her if she had a lighter, she did not have a lighter. It was revealed at a later that he did in fact have a lighter in his pocket. :D That was how they first met, later they ended up having some mutual friends and got to know eachother a little more. He invited my mom to come visit him at his place, she didn't know him too well so she was quite nervous on the way over there, and it didn't help much when he opened the door with a pocket knife in his hands. :D fun fun.

It's not many years since I heard this story so I was very amused by it. Makes me wonder how my grandparents met too etc. Gonna have to try find that out.

That's so... romantic! :kaobeg2:

My parents met at work when my Mom was 19 and my Dad was 20. They worked at an office not far from the city. They dated for about 7 or 8 years until they got married.

On my Mom's side, my grandma was about 17 and my grandpa was 28 (oh dear, loli D: ) and they eloped because her parent's didn't approve of his age, or that he was Protestant. On my Dad's side, I'm not sure how they met, but it was kind of romantic because she was like a rich sort of girl and he was a farmer boi.

Quindiana Jones
Levian, we are meant to be! We have the same number of letters in our full name! Surely that means something???

Rye
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Then give Levian a bling bling ring and propose with good romantic intentions! :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
OMG GOOD IDEA RYE! :love:

Psychotic
09-23-2007, 08:33 PM
No, bad idea Rye.
Over the years he's been everything from a sailor This explains a lot!

They worked at the same bank.

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I didn't even get an answer. :crying:

THANKS A LOT RYE! :mad2:

Faris
09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
They were part of the same dart club at the Canadian Legion. They got married two months before my birth.

Tallulah
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
My parents met at work; my dad was going through a bad divorce (his ex-wife was an alcoholic and the black sheep of her family), and my mum was a bit naive for a 25-year-old (by today's standards). She couldn't really understand my dad's Scottish accent, and here I am... :eep:

I met my ex (who I might want to get back with, if he can sort his head out, I don't know...) at a bar my friends and I used to go to a lot. I am the only one out of my friends who lives anywhere near it now, but I no longer go as the service, prices, and clientèle have gotten worse.

For the record, my dad also left school at 14, legit. That's how old he is... :rolleyes2

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
They worked at the same bank.

That explains why you're such a banker.

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2007, 10:53 PM
My dad's best friend was dating my mom's cousin :p

I started talking to Mogi when we added eachother on myspace O:

It's strange to think how different things can be with the tiniest change o.o

Rengori
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Biological parents: Dunno.

Mom and Step-dad: Office.

Nominus Experse
09-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I haven't a clue as to how my parents came to be one. I suspect it was something along the lines of:

"We are ugly"
"Yes"
"We're both Christian and ugly"
"Yes"
"Let's make children"

I met my girlfriend at school. To summarize, I was drawing, she approached, we talked for a time. After a bit, she began to stalk me in a friendly, teasing manner. I found this odd, but didn't care in any way. At this point, it was obvious she fancied me, but I was not yet swayed. More importantly, I didn't want to be.

However, after a month or so, it became apparent to me that I had fallen for her. I asked her out at a very random time, and in a very arbitrary place:

After watching a play, we drove to the graveyard (one of the few places it's always quiet and serene). As we walked, I abruptly asked her if she wished to become something more than friends. We walked some more, and the entire time, I never got a definite "yes" or "no" out of her...

But by the morrow, it was obvious that she wished to become closer - something more than friends.

So, strangely or not, we began in a graveyard...

Aurey
09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I actually have no idea. Most of the stories my mom tells me about my dad are pretty negative, haha. All I know is they met during high school, and were married for about eight years I think, but the relationship between was pretty sour long before they officially split.

Baloki
09-23-2007, 11:10 PM
My other-half? Preston train station ironically...

theundeadhero
09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
My Mom and Dad met at school when they were eighteen. She was the conservative christian girl and he was the long blonde haired... something. Then they married at nineteen.

I don't have a girlfriend right now, so I'll do with the girl I've stayed wonderfully, yet teasingly, attracted to and friends with for the past eight years. She kept staring me down in the hallway at school, and then one day at lunch I started to talk to her because she seemed cool.

Renmiri
09-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Soo romantic Levian! My mom and dad met at college but their marriage didn't last that long.

My in-laws met in a grand jury: My father in law was the prosecutor and my mother in law was a juror. Can you say "mistrial" ? Their marriage lasted 23 years, till his death. Very romantic couple :)

Araciel
09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
my parents worked at a bar in smalltown ontario together ...my dad was 18 and my mom 21, he was the bouncer she was a waitress.

i met ashley in #eoff.

we are so the nerds.

Miriel
09-24-2007, 03:18 AM
My Mom met my dad at a Church in a tiny little suburban neighborhood outside of Los Angeles, the day after she left South Korea for the United States. Having met only once, my Dad decided that she was the girl he wanted to marry, and my mom didn't really think anything of my Dad and took a plane to San Francisco where she went to college for art and design.

My Dad got a hold of her number and called her incessantly. And in this way, started up a long distance relationship. He managed to rack up hundreds, thousands of dollars in phone bills which is amazing because both my parents were very very poor at the time. And would drive up to San Francisco after his work shift was over to spend a few hours with my Mom up north, and then head back down in time for work the next morning. A testament to the stupid things love makes you do.

Interestingly enough, the boyfriend and I are currently in the same sort of situation. I'm in Los Angeles, he's in San Francisco. We're making it work.

He was just down here this weekend. We ate amazingly delicious pizza and went bowling at a super swanky Hollywood bowling alley.

Fonzie
09-24-2007, 03:40 AM
My mother was a soldier in the war, and my father was in one of her famous units. They fell in love, and I was their love child. But after sometime they were separated because of their governments different stances, which ultimately lead to them facing each other in the battle field. He asked her to kill him, and so she did. He fell down a waterfall, and died.

I was taken away from my mother at birth, so I've never gotten to know her.

escobert
09-24-2007, 03:45 AM
My dad stole the car my mother was sitting in.

And I'm dead serious.

Peegee
09-24-2007, 04:13 AM

And I'm dead serious.

Isn't your mother like upper class girl?

lol bert<3

escobert
09-24-2007, 04:16 AM

And I'm dead serious.

Isn't your mother like upper class girl?

lol bert<3

Yeah, she comes from a nice family. My dad however does not :p

Proxy
09-24-2007, 04:19 AM
To be honest, I don't know how my parents met. I assumed high school, cause they went to the same school for a year.
But I dunno.
My (ex?)GF would have been at work for sure.
But a current female, was met through a friend over 2 years ago. She left for a year, and came back. Hung out with me like 4 times and now has a "huge crush on me"
Fun stuff..
I'm curious about my parents now.

Lynx
09-24-2007, 05:02 AM
my parents met through mutual friends. they started dateing and then my mom up and left and moved to california leaveing my dad in new york. my mom lived there for like a year but while she was there my dad and his friend drove scross country had an advenutre of a lifetime and made there stop to see my mom. my mom moved back and they eventually got married.

Polaris
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
my parents met at a party ^^" Curious thing? They don't let me go to parties :mad:

Peegee
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Supposedly my father met my mother at a youth group at the church. It's funny because my father's an atheist now.

Mogi
09-25-2007, 12:11 AM
My mom and dad's meeting is a long story.
Me and Jesswee's meeting was... owait.
It was.
Destiny!
<3
O:

Miriel
09-25-2007, 12:14 AM

And I'm dead serious.

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Agrias
09-25-2007, 12:17 AM
my mom and dad met through mutual friends and had known eachother for about two years back in greece. my mom was 18 and my dad 19 when one drunken night they made love. About a month later she found out she was preggers and told my dad that he can either leave and never talk to her again so she can take care of the baby herself, or stay and share the responsibility. He decided to stay and they got married. Four years later i was born. They stayed together for 24 years and now they're finally calling it quits after many problems in their marriage and relationship.

As for me, i'm just coming out of a relationship so i'm jaded :D

fire_of_avalon
09-25-2007, 01:14 AM
My parents met at a party. Stuff happened in the middle that I don't know about and they got married.

I am not telling the story of how Matt and I met again. Too complicated.

Rye
09-25-2007, 01:37 AM

And I'm dead serious.

Seriously. I dunno whether to to cry or "awww!!!"

So I will just laugh.

escobert
09-25-2007, 02:37 AM

And I'm dead serious.

Seriously. I dunno whether to to cry or "awww!!!"

So I will just laugh.

Probably cry since they only lasted about a year and a half :p