PDA

View Full Version : I had my worries..

GuitarGuy1181
09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I finally started playing X-2 the other day.....I wasn't sure what to expect, but after only about twenty minutes I realized this game was going to be good....I had my worries....but im looking forward to going through this one...

Little Blue
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Good. You worried for nothing then! :)

Setzer Gabianni
09-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Give it a few more hours. After 20 mins, you haven't seen everything. I remember telling people about that when they were playing FFXII. They hated it, well for a bit anyway, then loved it.

Anywho, it's a good sign you like it. Battle system much better then X's. Note: This game is easy. Very easy, for the most part.

Jessweeee♪
09-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Be careful...you miss tons and tons of stuff if you don't get everything just right x.x

Especially if you just jump to the hotspots...then you just get the (very) watered down version o:

Crossblades
09-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Yeah, this game was very underrated. I was worried as well when I first bought it. After playing through it, I came to a conclusion that this was a decent game and wasn't as bad people make it out to be. Glad to see that you liked it as well:)

Psychotic
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah, before I played this game I was convinced it was going to be average at best, but was pleasantly surprised when I found it to be very decent.

The Ceej
10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I enjoyed it. However, I'm sure the game can totally suck if you play it wrong. I hope you know how to play it to see everything.

A side note: My brother told me the game was gay because you play dressup with the girls. I asked him, if the game is gay, where are all the attractive guys? Baralai. All right. But they're NPC's. I mean, the three main characters are scantilly clad women. Not to say it will turn gays off it, but it certainly won't be a leading factor in our decision to purchase the game.

My main caveat with this game was its story, or lack thereof. If you can deal with a one-objective, barely mentioned plot through 50 hours of side quests (and it looks like you can) then you will enjoy this game. I do believe it had too many redeeming values, however, to hate the game on that one point. Wow, that first paragraph was originally going to be all I had to say. Looks like I somehow managed to come up with a little more. Hope it's not too long.

Eiko Guy
10-03-2007, 02:14 AM
I liked it. But a lot of others dont. Its a great game. As long as you dont expect for stellar world changing events. Everything seems optional so play it the way you want but be friendly to NPC's and you'll have way more fun.

silentenigma
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
wait, 'yuna' is singing a pop concert at the beginning. how is that not immediately off-putting?

BG-57
10-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Of all the faults of FFX-2, the violation in tone from carryover characters from FFX is by far the most serious. If you can get past that then it's a solid, enjoyable game with many innovative features.

Markus. D
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Battle System is <3

No.78
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
wait, 'yuna' is singing a pop concert at the beginning. how is that not immediately off-putting?

That is what puts most people off the game, but only because they fear femininity.

Christmas
07-25-2022, 01:43 PM
One of the best FF game I ever played in terms of gameplay and flexibility in term of story. :bigsmile:

I love it so much that I bought the remake months ago and have yet to finish Chapter 1. I ruleZ! :bigsmile: