PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 3

Masamunemaster
09-24-2007, 06:09 PM
OMG what a great movie............... NOT.

I didn't get to see it because one of the guys that went with me wasn't 18 and wouldn't sit at the bottom of the ramp so we didn't watch it, god I want to kill him so bad

Anybody who seen it, was it a good movie like I was thinking it was?

Peegee
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Apparently it was better than the second one. I think it's better than the first one. In fact I think it was the best one.

SeeDRankLou
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I saw it Friday morning, and I have to agree. The first few scenes are kind of like: Well, we wrote the script.....dammit, we didn't use any zombie dogs.....lets write a new really weird scene and put them here. Not that those scenes were bad, just kind of odd. But after that, I rather enjoyed the movie. It did the survival horror aspect quite well.

Resident Evil fanboys will do their usual mindless chastising of this movie, 99% of it being nonsense. The concept of the third one was interesting, and the grand scope that they used for some of the scenes was pretty sweet.

It's not going to win any awards, and it's a bit more lacking in plot than the first two until the very end, but it has more then enough action and horror scenes to make up for it. I would recommend it.

The one thing I don't get is how was a simple metal grated fence holding back probably a few thousand zombies?

Ashley Schovitz
09-28-2007, 01:02 AM
It was the best out of the three and this move isn't Resident Evil 3 It's Resident Evil Extinction i think that this is the best movie based off a videogame not to mention actually it's the most successful video game based movie franchise.

Araciel
09-28-2007, 01:11 AM
best of the series, though a bit cheesy...uwe boll is a retard but whaddyagonnado

Peegee
09-28-2007, 01:46 AM
hehe

best of the series, though a bit cheesy...uwe boll is a retard but whaddyagonnado

Quoted for Tru...Embarrassing James

Araciel
09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
you're embarassing

and a towel

Slothy
09-28-2007, 04:17 AM

Uwe Boll has nothing to do with the RE movies.

Araciel
09-28-2007, 06:46 AM
i thought he was...that was my only explanation for the epic failure of the first two and the semi-mediocrity of the third

in that case, they just suck really bad.

Slothy
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
i thought he was...that was my only explanation for the epic failure of the first two and the semi-mediocrity of the third

in that case, they just suck really bad.

Well, Paul W.S. Anderson did write them all, and directed the first while producing the others which is also a good explanation of why they sucked. The only decent movie the man ever made was the first Mortal Kombat. Ironically, the very reason the second one might have sucked so bad is that he didn't direct it. Then again, he may have been the reason the only RE I'd consider not a complete waste of time was the first one. But then, one of the big problems with the second one was that the script sucked horribly.

Seraphic
10-03-2007, 01:14 AM
This one wasn't so bad although it seems like its not even Resident Evil anymore. Alice being super strong and having extra agility and crap is one thing,hell Wesker had that,but her having psychic powers and stuff?
Thats kinda....way out of context,lol
And Claire,she might as well have been called something else as she had no connection to the Claire in the video game.
The story itself was kinda flimsy,but the action really saved the movie for me.
I <3 Milla Jovovich and her lankiness,lol

MKusanagi
10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Alright, I'm a major Resi fan. Even so I love all three of the movies. However, they have nothing ::repeat:: NOTHING to do with the game plot. Except for minor similarities like Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliviera, Wesker and Claire Redfield. However, I'm only focused on whether the characters were played well and correctly. The plot can be different but the characters you choose to borrow better be just as good or better. And aside from Wesker they all fit the bill. You know Oded Fehr is brilliant so I didn't have any uneasiness on that choice. The only character I was disappointed with was Wesker. 1) his part was far too small 2) he didn't have the mannerisms of Wesker.

But I suppose, in the end, if it weren't for Milla I'd hate all of them for pure plot smurfing. I mean, everything was completely off. The only thing they got right was that the town of the outbreak was Raccoon City. And the Umbrella Corp. T-virus. Didn't mention G-virus. Now that I think about it seriously I should be really angry and pissed. But eh I'm a sucker for violence. And they delivered on that one!

Elly
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
i tend to view movies based on videogames as an alternate telling of the story as getting all the story from a game into a 160min. movie is near impossible, i don't expect them to follow the original story line and i don't expect all the character or character connections there either as it is an alternate telling, alternate being the key word, in this regard i found the movies very enjoyable and fun to watch, as for Alice having Psi powers, that does tie into the characters from Apocalytpse not knowing what Umbrella has done to her, even in Alices own words said she barely felt human anymore after what they did to her so it adds a nice little plot twist, and it's nice that they kept her Psi abbilities uncontrolled, instead of her suddenly mastering all the changes Umbrella made to her genetic structure...

MKusanagi
10-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I agree. For an offshoot of the Resi games it was very masterful and enjoyable. Well, I loved the fact that it left the gate open for another one. Hopefully in that one Jill Valentine comes back. It sucks that Sienna Guillory was busy with Eragon at the time or she totally would have done it.

Rostum
10-18-2007, 01:44 AM
The first two were horrible. I do not plan on seeing this one.

MKusanagi
10-25-2007, 05:59 PM
You're missin' out Omecle!

NeoTifa
10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
totally awesomeness *is trying to remember if ive posted in this thread already or not..... maybe it was another forums*

yea, the first is still the best in my opinion, but this one was good. i cant wait for the next one :hyper: 100000 alices kicking butt yea! i was gonna dress up like her from this movie for halloween but i dont have enough time or money to get it together in time

Jon Thompson
10-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Apparently it was better than the second one. I think it's better than the first one. In fact I think it was the best one.

Considering the quality of the other movies it wasn't much a contest.

Yeah, Extinction was better than the other two but suffered many of the same problems. The ending was very lame, poor script and bad acting from most respects. Okay, I could deal with Alice being able to be strong, fast and jump high but special mind powers, controlling fire and stopping lazers? Totally, totally, gay.

People are going to play the resident evil games (that haven't before) and complain they can't throw back Tyrant with mind powers.

MKusanagi
10-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Jon... *shakes head* come on. Get a grip. I've played ALL the Resi games and know for a fact you can't do that.

NeoTifa
10-31-2007, 07:05 PM
i can....O.o

Jon Thompson
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Jon... *shakes head* come on. Get a grip. I've played ALL the Resi games and know for a fact you can't do that.

I've beat them all numerous times. Of course you can't do that. That's kind of the point of my sarcasm........

MKusanagi
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM

I've beat them all numerous times. Of course you can't do that. That's kind of the point of my sarcasm........
ROFL, I love you Jon. You're cute. You missed my joke.

Jon Thompson
11-01-2007, 07:13 AM
People just don't get my humour. Usually 75% of the stuff I say is sarcasm. I read it as if you though I thought you could do it.

MKusanagi
11-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Okay... I still love you, though.