PDA

View Full Version : Mark Forums Read? :|

$howBiz
09-24-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't get it lol why does the link have to say "Mark Forums Read" why can't it just say "Forums" ? i don't know about other people but i was confused on how to get back to the forums page haha and then i clicked on "Mark Forums Read" and was like o......k. Maybe i'm missing something but i'd like to know why its called that please? :)

demondude
09-24-2007, 07:23 PM
FAQ

Quindiana Jones
09-24-2007, 07:33 PM
FAQ off.

See what I did there?

Peegee
09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
"Eff Aye Qew Off"

No, I don't c wut u did dere =(

DK
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Mark forums read essentially just clears all new posts so nothing appears new to you anymore.

Quindiana Jones
09-24-2007, 08:02 PM
"Eff Aye Qew Off"

Well, if you read FAQ as a word, instead of separate letters, then it would sound like FACK. And FACK sounds a bit like a certain naughty word also beginning with F (FUCK!).

It's funny because I told him to FAQ (fuck) off, meaning go away. But because I put FAQ, it's not rude because I am merely telling him to go away to the F-A-Q.

Peegee
09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
"Eff Aye Qew Off"

Well, if you read FAQ as a word, instead of separate letters, then it would sound like FACK. And FACK sounds a bit like a certain naughty word also beginning with F (smurf!).

It's funny because I told him to FAQ (smurf) off, meaning go away. But because I put FAQ, it's not rude because I am merely telling him to go away to the F-A-Q.

o_O

rubah
09-24-2007, 08:34 PM
if you want to get back to the main forum's index, click the banner, if you want to go to a specific area of the forum, use the drop down at the bottom of the screen. If you want to go back to the forum the thread you were reading came from, use the breadcrumb (ex: Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums > General > General Chat > Mark Forums Read? :| ) to do so.

if you use mark forums read, then you can't tell what posts you've read and which you haven't!