PDA

View Full Version : Names? WTF man!

isaac17
09-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Okay, so I'm sure some of you picked up on this, but I couldn't help but post this. Maybe there's already a post on it, BUT:

The 3 bosses Slash, Ozzie and Flea are called by an old lady in a certain building "TONEDEAF, Evil Fiends." Those are the names of 3 of the most skilled musicians in the world. Ozzie (not really, but well known musician), Flea (bass player of Chili Peppers), and Slash (famous guitarist). What are the chances that that was a coincidence? Especially the fact that she says tone deaf. Those musicians were at the height of their careers when this game came out.

Love it when those developers have a sense of humor :P

Zechs
09-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Same thing happened in Megaman X5. Most of the Mavericks in there have names based off of Guns 'N Roses.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Ozzy was nowhere near the peak of his career in 1995. And I'll assume you're being fanciful about them being the most skilled musicians in the world.

But yeah, you can thank pioneer localizer Ted Woolsey for the rock references. Their names in the Japanese version were Vinegar, Mayonnai, and Soysau.

isaac17
09-25-2007, 05:44 PM
I guess I meant "some of the most well known". I have no idea when ozzy was at the peak of his career, I probably should have said 'was pretty famous by then'.

Elly
09-25-2007, 11:29 PM
i'm glad the rock referance was put in place of the before mentioned repulsive food referance names, as Flea is one of my favorite bass players, and favorite game villins, and i find vinigar and mayonaise absolutely disgusting food products...

blackmage_nuke
10-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Is it wrong that i have not heard any of these people's music?

theundeadhero
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I personally prefer the japanese names myself because I find naming people after food hilarious.

Takara
10-10-2007, 04:02 AM
I personally prefer the japanese names myself because I find naming people after food hilarious.

That reminds me of Bakuretsu Hunter...

As for why the old lady say they're tone-deaf... You know how old people can be with rock and metal music. :D

Madame Adequate
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Solt + Peppor = winning team.

Rostum
11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Is it wrong that i have not heard any of these people's music?

Yes.

Bolivar
11-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Ozzy was nowhere near the peak of his career in 1995. And I'll assume you're being fanciful about them being the most skilled musicians in the world.

But yeah, you can thank pioneer localizer Ted Woolsey for the rock references. Their names in the Japanese version were Vinegar, Mayonnai, and Soysau.

"most skilled musicians in the world" may be over the top, but Flea and Slash are widely considered to be of the best of their craft, and as far as songwriting goes, its no small feat to go track for track with the Oz.

Yar
11-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Marle (when meeting Flea): THAT is a GUY?

Lol.