PDA

View Full Version : for all the veggies in the audience

-N-
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Just wondering who is a vegetarian and how difficult it is for you to find dine-out vegetarian options. Some places it's easy, some places it's hard. I myself have not had too much trouble living in California - there are plenty of Fresh Choice - type restaurants, as well as Thai and Indian food that have meatless options. Being Indian also helps, as I inherit all my mom's Class A vegetarian recipes. But say I visit my friends in Texas - oh man, it is ridiculously hard to find something other than a leaf of lettuce to order at a restaurant.

Recently, my best friend from high school decided to make this tool (because he is awesome, and I am not) to be the ultimate vegetarian resource. It's only a few weeks old, but it looks pretty good. It's called LiveVeg and it has a veggie-oriented restaurant directory that all members can add to and review. Currently unmoderated I think so don't spam it. :p Anyways, if you're veggie you might like it and if you're not, well you probably won't care. :p

Have at you!

LiveVeg (http://www.liveveg.com)

Loony BoB
09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
This could be useful for non-vegetarians as well. Provided they still like to eat vegetables. I don't mind vegeterian food every now and then. If it tastes good, why not?

edczxcvbnm
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I could never do this. I like animal guts too much. Eggs with cheese please :D

Although that is a cool site for people who wish to deny their omnivore heritage XD

Jojee
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(etc,etc)l~!

Since when are you a vegetarian? ;o Cool site =] I could go off meat if I wanted, I think. Only I'm too lazy and it makes it harder to find food and such.

edczxcvbnm
09-25-2007, 05:49 PM

Since when are you a vegetarian? ;o Cool site =] I could go off meat if I wanted, I think. Only I'm too lazy and it makes it harder to find food and such.

It is more than just meat which is what kills it for me D: I like my Eggs, Cheese and other non-meat but not vegetarian diet :D

I could probably go all grain though now that I think about it :D Cereal around the clock XD

Flying Mullet
09-25-2007, 05:56 PM
My wife's a vegetarian in Texas, so she might find this interesting. I'll show her the site.

Jojee
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM

It is more than just meat which is what kills it for me D: I like my Eggs, Cheese and other non-meat but not vegetarian diet :D

I could probably go all grain though now that I think about it :D Cereal around the clock XD Vegetarians can eat eggs and cheese and stuff, just not straight out meat. Those are animal products, so if you don't eat them then you are vegan. :3 I couldn't do a vegan diet, maybe for a week but then I'd be like wtf x_x

edczxcvbnm
09-25-2007, 06:37 PM

I could probably go all grain though now that I think about it :D Cereal around the clock XD Vegetarians can eat eggs and cheese and stuff, just not straight out meat. Those are animal products, so if you don't eat them then you are vegan. :3 I couldn't do a vegan diet, maybe for a week but then I'd be like wtf x_x

ACK XD I always get that confused. Then I am practically a vegetarian as it is XD I like certain meats but not enough. Oh man what is wrong with my brain right now XD

Eggs = Abortions in a shell O_o

Miriel
09-25-2007, 07:13 PM
If you ever want help finding vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants, just do a quick search on Chowhound Boards - Chowhound (http://www.chowhound.com/) forums. 80% of the great restaurants I eat at, I found via the lovely people who post on those forums. I did a search for vegetarian in Texas and a bunch of threads popped up.

I'm not a vegetarian and never will be. There are certain things I won't ever eat like foie gras, just cause it's disgusting to think about how that liver came to be, and I try to eat at places where I know the meat products are locally grown and treated humanely and avoid places like KFC where that's obviously not the case.

But meat is good. Meat is yummy.

Whether you're a vegetarian/vegan/omnivore/whatever, try out the chowhound forums. Expand your food horizons.

-N-
09-25-2007, 07:59 PM

Since when are you a vegetarian? ;o Cool site =] I could go off meat if I wanted, I think. Only I'm too lazy and it makes it harder to find food and such.joooooooooojoooooooooo

I think it's some kind of prerequisite to being Indian.

I should encourage those of you who are interested to actually register, otherwise the resource isn't really that useful, you know? I plan on entertaining myself with adding entries on slow work days.

Araciel
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
i think living in a big city helps. honestly.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Vegetarians are gay. ;)

Old Manus
09-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Life's too short to limit what I eat, imho.

Araciel
09-25-2007, 09:35 PM
vegetarians is what we'll eat when we run out of cows and pigs, etc.