PDA

View Full Version : 22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl

Dewayne2
09-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I found this in a fitness forum.

A guy, 22, wants to have sex with a girl who's 16. I'm the dad of a 1 year old daughter. I am worried about her enough as it is, but I cant think of how much I'd worry about this if this was my daughter. I'm angry about this guy doing this, am I right to be angry? What would you do if your daughter was in this situation?

(to make things equal, you can read the 22 year old guys side on his blog, Having Sex With A 16-Year-Old | Becoming A Pick-Up Artist (http://www.becomingapua.com/2007/09/06/having-sex-with-a-16-year-old/) )

rubah
09-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Lol funny you should mention such a situation ^______________^

You can be angry as much as you like, but ultimately your daughter makes her own decisions. You should try to guide her to things that will not hurt her, and take her back in when she gets hurt.

Goldenboko
09-26-2007, 01:28 AM
I recommend you have this flung into EoEo because serious discussion is not meant for general chat :P

Anyway, I don't agree with this, he's a 22 year old just roaming around for sex, but hey, thats life these days.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I dunno what to say. I think that he is kinda old to be looking at a 16 year old, then again my mom was 15 and my dad was 21 when they first started to date. :/

Lynx
09-26-2007, 01:35 AM
the guy seems kinda creepy. sounds kinda like a loser just hitting on anyone who passes by him. but anyways thats how some people are. im 20 and i wouldt date anyone younger then 17 actually id probably only go as low as 18.

Yamaneko
09-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Age and maturity are subjective. The law does not assume some sort of scientific authority that once a person turns eighteen that they are ready to make decisions for themselves. Other cultures around the world wouldn't question a man (or woman's) choice to be with someone younger than themselves. Just because you've been conditioned to think seventeen and younger is off limits morally doesn't actually make it wrong. We have to draw the line somewhere and for most of us it's at the age of seventeen or eighteen. The law should be respected, but being morally outraged about something so arbitrary is pointless.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Personally I think that if a 16 and 22 year old were in a loving, equal relationship then that's fine, but from his blog you can tell that he's definitely only in this for a one night stand, and that his conscience is struggling with his attempts at being a pick-up artist. Both of those things are very bad signs.

So if such a man was to try to pick up my daughter (if I ever have one), then I would be angry, and so should you.

Mirage
09-26-2007, 02:24 AM
I think 16 is a reasonable age of sexual consent, and I don't have any problems with this.

Evastio
09-26-2007, 02:26 AM
I'm also quite angry at it. The two of them barely know each other and they didn't even take the time to get to know each other better. They didn't even go out with each other and find out if they'd have a lasting relationship. People these days are so messed up...

Psychotic
09-26-2007, 02:32 AM
16 is legal. It's fine.

And if it were my daughter, well, I would be less concerned that a guy was hitting on her, and more about the fact that she was so easy.

Interestingly enough, guys, you should Google "Dewayne2 becomingapua". He's made this thread on about 165 other forums. I'm assuming he's advertising that blog but it's an interesting topic, so I'm not shutting this down. Someone else can, though, if they feel it appropriate.

Rengori
09-26-2007, 02:36 AM
16 is legal. It's fine.

And if it were my daughter, well, I would be less concerned that a guy was hitting on her, and more about the fact that she was so easy.

Dittor.

Miriel
09-26-2007, 02:40 AM
I knew something was fishy, but Psycho beats me to it once again.

Anyway, did y'all know that most teenage pregnancies are a result of teenage girls having sex, not with teenage boys, but adult men, usually in their 20s? That's your tidbit of information for today.

Anyway, as long as no one is hurting or abusing each other, I don't think 22 & 16 is too bad of a situation.

My boyfriend is 5 years older than me, but age never really factored into our relationship.

If it were my daughter, I'd be more upset at her spreading her legs for random guys than age difference. Unless the age difference was a bit more significant than 16 & 22.

Darth Tjador
09-26-2007, 02:51 AM
what a perv lol!!!!!!!!!!!

MecaKane
09-26-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm 22, and I'd feel like a scumbag if I fucked a 16 year old. Especially if I picked her up with some lame hitons rather than her actually caring for me.

Fonzie
09-26-2007, 02:56 AM
Your only option is to kill him. Do it!

Bunny
09-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Since this is still in General Chat, I can get away with comments like this one:

National hero imo

Markus. D
09-26-2007, 05:19 AM
Hi Dewayne2 xD...

Hazzard
09-26-2007, 08:04 AM
This guy's playa material...(G.C Ftw...)

Araciel
09-26-2007, 08:10 AM
meh.

doesn't bother me.

she's 16. as long as he doesn't rape or drug and then rape her, it's no big deal whatsoever.

Randgris
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
The girl is not yet 18 and this constitues (in our law) as child molestation. He'll be put to jail, with either LS or DP. I cannot say I'm angry or anything. I just don't know the situation. If she was raped, probably my answer would be yes.

Loony BoB
09-26-2007, 09:22 AM
I was 22 when I hooked up with Danielle, who was 16 at the time. We're still together and we're going strong. It's fine, so long as it's serious and sensible.

Psy said everything else I was thinking.

Baloki
09-26-2007, 09:39 AM
How many accounts does BoB have now?

Heath
09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
How many accounts does BoB have now?

xD

I think what Psychotic pretty much sums up my opinion on the topic too. If it were my daughter, I don't think I'd be especially pleased, but there are exceptions to the rule and age doesn't equal maturity.

Agrias
09-26-2007, 10:28 AM
did someone send for a castrator :D?

Mirage
09-26-2007, 11:25 PM
The girl is not yet 18 and this constitues (in our law) as child molestation. He'll be put to jail, with either LS or DP. I cannot say I'm angry or anything. I just don't know the situation. If she was raped, probably my answer would be yes.

Life sentence or death penalty for having sex with a 16 year old? Won't happen :p.

Raebus
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
By gods, what evil has been unleashed with this 22 year old wanting to have legal sex with someone who's possibly willing. Its a sign of the apocalypse.

Lynx
09-26-2007, 11:47 PM

legal ages are different in states and other countries. and i dont think he'd get a life sentence or death sentence if 16 wasnt the legal age anyways.

Peegee
09-27-2007, 02:49 AM
I am thoroughly confused by the age of consent issue. My friend insists that people of the age of majority cannot have sex with minors, basically saying that if the age of consent in Canada is 14, 17 year olds can have sex with 14 year olds, but not 18->14 year olds. I subscribe to this belief, because if I didn't, I would have to accept a situation where a 14 year old can date a 30 year old (or myself, a 27 year old).

Actual source (Age of Consent in Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Canada)) seems to imply that I am incorrect, and what it says matches what two girls have told me.

I'm confused as hell.

rubah
09-27-2007, 03:36 AM
No one really knows what the AoC laws mean, that way you can prosecute more people!

Proxy
09-27-2007, 03:42 AM
This is one of the things I'm worried about. I know my baby girl is smart already, and she will be smart and make smart choices when she's older.

Though Psy has basically said it the best that it could be said. =\

I think what Psychotic pretty much sums up my opinion on the topic too. If it were my daughter, I don't think I'd be especially pleased, but there are exceptions to the rule and age doesn't equal maturity.

This too. <3

Chimp
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
No one really knows what the AoC laws mean, that way you can prosecute more people!

Articles of Confederation? :{

Old Manus
09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I would like to see the reaction to a 21 year old and a 15 year old.

EDIT: hi i'm chris hansen from dateline nbc maybe you'd like to take a seat over there

Araciel
09-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I would like to see the reaction to a 21 year old and a 15 year old.

easy, i married her.

Craig
09-27-2007, 10:29 PM
What would her dad say if he knew? She's on her knees he's 22, I don't think he'd like the difference. Does that really make any difference?

prayzer
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I know if I was in this situation, I would want to rip this guys throat out and shove it down his chest cavity. Maybe that's just me being a protective father or something, I dunno.

nik0tine
09-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I hope he ends up a father.

Hambone
09-27-2007, 11:05 PM
16 is legal. It's fine.

Interestingly enough, guys, you should Google "Dewayne2 becomingapua". He's made this thread on about 165 other forums. I'm assuming he's advertising that blog but it's an interesting topic, so I'm not shutting this down. Someone else can, though, if they feel it appropriate.

...I thought it was 18.

Tavrobel
09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
...I thought it was 18.

Depends on the state and country. Usually, < 18 sex is okay, if both are within three years (or something near the vicinity). Otherwise, it's considered an abuse of age advantage.

I don't really have a comment on this. People do weird stuff, and this is no exception. Whatever happens in the lives of others is not my concern; nor would I have any wish of being forced to interfere.

As for me personally, I wouldn't know what to do. Freak out? Kill the guy? Do nothing and say "well, my daughter is a slut anyways, so it's about time?" Or maybe I'll embrace having a grandchild. Whatever works.

Randgris
09-28-2007, 06:59 AM

Life sentence or death penalty for having sex with a 16 year old? Won't happen :p.

Yes it can, specially here. A convicted rapist got lethal injection and it was televised nationwide.

legal ages are different in states and other countries. and i dont think he'd get a life sentence or death sentence if 16 wasnt the legal age anyways.

Legal age here is 18.

Tallulah
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes it can, specially here. A convicted rapist got lethal injection and it was televised nationwide.

Good... :D

Anyway, I can totally understand how you must feel, and it would probably be exactly the same if your daughter was 22, going out with, say, a 30-year-old. She'll always be your little girl, no matter how old she is. I mean, I'm 24 and my dad was quite concerned that I was going out with someone 13 years my senior... and he and my mum have a 20-year age-gap! So his objection has nothing to do with the age difference. It's quite natural that you want to protect your daughter from being hurt.

Laddy
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm mad, not regarding the age gap, but regarding the entire situation, it's merely some guy wanting to fuck the first girl he sees, and if it would be my daughter, well, that guy would not like what's coming to him. At all.

James Leopold
09-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Its the way that he talks about her in his blog that makes me think that ths is wrong. Saying that this girl is someone that he can use for his own enjoyment and then toss aside. People like this make me sick.

Resha
09-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, if it was my daughter, I'd slap her. And get sent to jail for child abuse, I suppose. And then she'd sleep with him anyways. And get pregnant. And have kids. Jesus, then he'll leave her -- it was a Lolita business all along -- and then she'll bring her squalling brats (she'd give birth to twins, I know it...) to my cell and I'd slap her again.

Then they'd hang me.

I have it all planned out. :)

Madame Adequate
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I have an instinctive reaction against this, and I'm sure if I ever become a father, I wouldn't like it much, but seeing as I consider most people to become mature enough to make these decisions for themselves around the ages of 16 to 18, my natural desire to protect shouldn't be applied too strongly. Advise caution, and let her know that she should never give in to pressure, but beyond that I must let her go about her own business in peace, even if I don't necessarily like it. The best thing to do is be there if it all goes wrong.

Hazzard
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm gonna try this when I reach 22 years old!!!

Sounds pretty sexy and daring...

Jess
10-01-2007, 12:16 AM
16 is legal. It's fine.
Yes.

If it was my daughter I wouldn't be happy about it, but ultimately it would be her decision. :jess:

Iceglow
10-01-2007, 12:42 AM

Legal age here is 18.

OK did you even bother to read the blog? The blog clearly states the law where he is means being 16 is legit...

Secondly... "A convicted rapist" good rapists deserve to die but there you confirm something you did not read the blog. The girl in question is from his side of the story very much up to the idea of having sex with the 22 year old therefore constituting Consentual intercourse.

Now, over here in the UK 16 is the legal age of consent and personally I was in the reverse situation of this more than once where a girl of 22 or sometimes older wanted to jump my then 16 year old bones so to speak does that make it any different because it was me who was younger? Not really it doesn't. I'm now 22 and would I sleep with a 16 year old girl? I don't honestly know, my type is generally slightly older than me because thats what I like but if I liked a girl enough and she was 16 thats something to consider.

Randgris
10-01-2007, 06:49 AM
What I meant is if it was done in our country.