PDA

View Full Version : gaming at college problem O.o

Woodinator
09-26-2007, 03:39 AM
I've been at college for three weeks and just now the cable connection started working so i don't have to rely on horrible wireless... but I've been wanting to play battlefield 2142 but can't connect to a game. I get on the lobby server fine, but when i try joining a game it says I have network connection issues... is this a college firewall issue that I can't fix, or is there some network configurating i can do on my comp to fix it?

rubah
09-26-2007, 05:25 AM
my first guess is blocked ports.

Baloki
09-26-2007, 09:44 AM
You're probably having to connect through a proxy that will block certain ports (as Rubah said), you can bypass this but a) Your college will get mighty angry if they find out your doing it, and b) you'd need to know how the network works to bypass it. I'd recommend finding out if your college has a computing or gaming club and asking some of their geekier members if they know any secrets :p

Discord
09-26-2007, 03:36 PM
What Baloki said, but if you fail to find one, you might just as well try Googling for YourFreedom. Not sure if it'll work with BF2142 though.

Woodinator
09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
kk thanks ^^ i'll probably ask the video game club people, they'll probably know.. if they can have a LAN party i'm hoping they can help

Peegee
09-26-2007, 06:44 PM
I've often found it cheaper to not live on residence. Consider that for next year.

Woodinator
09-27-2007, 06:21 AM
I can't... sophmores are required to live on campus here O.o at least... i'm pretty sure