PDA

View Full Version : Im jus wonderin

~Death~Stalker~910
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM
i wuz wonderin what would u give the ff12 in a rating from a scale 1-10

cause i been wantin 2 buy the game an i kno its a stupide question but do u thank i should buy it????thkz!!!

LunarWeaver
09-27-2007, 02:48 AM
If you like RPGs, then there's no convincing reason not to buy it.

qwertysaur
09-27-2007, 03:15 AM
Gameplay: 9 I like the new direction for gameplay, but the storyline bosses were too easy after the fight with Mateus.

Story: 4 The storytelling of this game was poor, but I like the move away from the "Save the world" steryotype Final Fantasy has aquired over the years.

Dragonsoul
09-27-2007, 04:44 AM
I need to update my personal rating system to be out of 10. Currently I rate out of 7 stars. I give Final Fantasy XII 6 out of 7 stars. Here's a short review...

Graphics - PERFECT! Movies, backgrounds, characters, monsters, special effects, world map, menus, everything!
Sound - Great music from Hitoshi Sakimoto! Although I prefer Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy soundtracks and Hitoshi Sakimoto's earlier works.
Controls - The controls are great but need a little improvement. There is no option to invert the camera controls, which is the biggest and most obvious error. Also, I prefer more configuration options. Also, L1 and R1 should have been used for page up and page down in menus, but weren't.
Story - The story is kinda good but it needs some improvements.
Characters - The characters are kinda good but some of them need some improvements.
Battle system - Great gambit system but you get little money and items after a battle, which makes it necessary to level up more.

Final Fantasy XII is great! It doesn't reach perfection level. I also drastically understated the great aspects of this game. Buy this game if you like traditional rpg's definetely and you should probably buy it if you like rpg's. For gamers in general, they should probably rent it.

Also, the sidequests are great in this game. It takes 100 hours to beat this game with no sidequests, then 50 more hours for most sidequests, then 50 more hours to level up to a very high level and finish up the rest of the sidequests. This is a main Final Fantasy game, beat it to 100% completion! Also, don't forget to buy the special edition version of the game from EB Games or GameStop that has a metal case and a bonus disc. Get the special edition version of the strategy guide also. Get all the soundtracks and singles next! :)

Renmiri
09-27-2007, 04:53 AM
I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.

Buy it, it will be worth it for the gameplay and graphics

gudkid
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
kick ass graphics (especially with what they have done to fran's ass)...
cool gameplay...
new type of motives...
there's a lot of bad stuff but it has more to make up for it...

it's totally awesome!
there's no reason not to buy it

Vivisteiner
09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
9.5/10

The story is the only thing that lets it down. Slightly.

TheSpoonyBard
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Have you ever spent hours grinding in an MMORPG? It's just like that, except there's no-one to chat with.

~Death~Stalker~910
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
lol thkz guys

Setzer Gabianni
09-28-2007, 12:48 PM
10/10 - this game is just awesome. The only thing I really don't like is Ashe and Balthier.

PeneloRatsbane
09-28-2007, 04:02 PM
buy it but dedicate time to it, don't just play for a bit and give up. its a rich game that people give up on to early usually.
9-10 for sure. i'd give it 10 if Ashe and Basch had more interaction.

~Death~Stalker~910
09-29-2007, 03:18 PM
no1 should give up on a game cause it is beatin ya thats wat they r made 4

remnant1
09-29-2007, 05:47 PM
graphics-really impressive for the ps2,the scenery is very compelling ad extreemly detailed:9/10

gameplay-ours upon ours of great gameplay.for every new place opened up for the storyline,theres 2 new areas to explore in places youve already been to.there is alot of tedious backtracking and area scrutiny for some of the optional quests.and i cant leave out how HUGE the areas are:7.8/10

sound-the music isnt the best but its pretty good.the scores match the environment pretty well:8/10

story-filled with elemets like traitoring and deciet.it took me early 100 hours to just get through the story:8.5/10

battle-set gambits and sit back and watch,not very amusing.sometimes the ememies can cause the battle to get out of hand and youll have to jump in.theres also the task of seting gambits multiple times(this can be very headhurting):6.5/10

extra content-who can argue with multiple hidden bosses?theres tons of optional areas FILLED with tough monsters,and a good reward waiting at the end.theres no "special dungeon"but once you fufill all of a certain side quest then you can fight the hardest boss,and geting there is no easy task:9/10

all in all id give this game an 8(8.13 for those who want specifics)