PDA

View Full Version : [A] Romandan World Map

BG-57
09-28-2007, 12:42 AM
This is a world map showing Romanda and Casheton, for a game that Death by Moogles is designing. Note that Ivalice from FFT is at the extreme south of the picture. Romanda is an actual place mentioned obliquely in FFT. But there's no thorough map of the place.

Note that Romanda is divided into seven provinces, with the the eighth (Binah) now in possession of an enemy nation.

This map is incomplete. I'll be adding more place names eventually.

EDIT: I'm redoing the map to change the name of Romanda to Yesod and eliminate Ivalice.

Proxy
09-29-2007, 12:17 AM
I hope he has permission from Squee to be using names mention in copyrighted games.

BG-57
09-29-2007, 01:10 AM
It was actually my suggestion to include Romanda. The name can be changed easily enough, although the game setting is very much in the FF vein.

I've worked on several FF game projects and FF fanfics with no official sanction. These have been posted for anyone to view free of charge. If I get any requests from the host sites or the Square to withdraw these from public view I will do so.

Mogi
09-29-2007, 01:47 AM
AWESOME!
Thanks BG!

I'm gonna go through and do a safe check, to make sure that none of what I've got so far contradicts any geographical features.

I'm pretty sure that everything's okay, as long as we credit Square and don't accept payment for the distribution of the game.

scrumpleberry
09-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Pretty dang spiffylicious. I like it.

BG-57
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks. I've always liked creating maps of fictional places, even back in middle school. :)

I've updated the map by adding in Cashetonwood and Forholm.

BTW, any ideas of what the hero's country is called? I'd suggest Yesod, which fits in the theme I've been using to name the parts of Romanda: namely the ten sephirot of the kabbalah.

Jess
10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Very nice! What did you colour it with? :jess:

BG-57
10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Prismacolor art markers. You can find them at most art stores and Michael's. They are expensive ($2.50 U.S. per marker), but the results speak for themselves.

Proxy
10-07-2007, 05:47 AM
I forgot to throw in that it looks very nice and well done =O
Maybe a disclaimer for the game would be good.

BG-57
10-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks, but as it turns out, this map was redesigned to eliminate Romanda and Ivalice. The new map is in the thread called New World Map.