PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?!

Tasura
09-28-2007, 04:25 AM
Ok, so I just bought 6 new games, and I have no idea what one to play, I thought about rolling a d6 (A normal die, for all of those not in the know) but decided against it, so you my fellow EoFFers shall not tell me what to play, but give your opinions on the games so I may judge which to play from them.

Radiata Stories
Wild Arms: Alter Code F
Wild Arms 5
Xenosaga 1
Disagea 2
Magna Carta

Araciel
09-28-2007, 04:27 AM
remove radiata stories from the list

that's the only advice i can give.

Vermachtnis
09-28-2007, 04:44 AM
remove radiata stories from the list

that's the only advice i can give.

I liked Radiata Stories. I'd play that second after Disgaea 2. Then probably Xenosaga I. Haven't played the other three.

Masamunemaster
09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
I would suggest Magna carta, but you have to have a lot of patience to get past the cutscenes(I was annoyed bc the lips were way off[programmers annoyance])

Kenshin IV
09-30-2007, 08:06 AM
You should return them all for Persona 3.

Well, you can keep Disgaea. That one's worthy to be kept.

Tasura
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
You should return them all for Persona 3.

Well, you can keep Disgaea. That one's worthy to be kept.

I already have Persona 3 =P

LunarWeaver
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Start with Xenosaga I of course! /fanboy

Dreddz
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Magna Carta is a pretty piss poor RPG, dunno why you got that. You should start with Disgaea 2, I havent played it but the first one is so great I dont see how the second can be bad. And whats with the Radiata Stories bashing going on here, I thought the game was decent, if a little easy.

Madame Adequate
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Magna Carta is an awesome RPG once you get the hang of it. But it does take awhile to get into.

Xenosaga isn't great. Leave that one until you've got nothing else to do.

Bunny
09-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Play them in alphabetical order.

Dragonsoul
10-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Go to metacritic.com/games or gamerankings.com and search for each game. It has an average of over 30 critical reviews for most top rpg's, with a score out of 100%. They also show an average of user votes as well.

Research the games on wikipedia and the official website and on forums. Also, go to youtube.com and watch gameplay footage. Xenosaga 1 and Disgaea 2 are the most popular rpg's from your list I believe.

You may want to beat Xenogears before Xenosaga. They are not directly related but Xenosaga 1 is kind of a spiritual successor. Xenogears from Square came out in 1998 and then a lot of the team left to make Monolith Soft and Xenosaga 1-3 and Baten Kaitos 1-2(with Tri-Crescendo of Eternal Sonata).

I am not sure if Disgaea 1 needs to be played before Disgaea 2. You may want to beat some of the top new rpg's. Here are all the very very best reviewed and most popular rpg's released this fall so far...

Aug 14 - Shin Megamei Tensei: Persona 3 - PS 2 - Traditional
Aug 21 - Jeanne D'Arc - PSP - Tactical
Aug 28 - Blue Dragon - Xbox 360 - Traditional
Sep 10 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year edition - Xbox 360/PC - First person
Sep 17 - Eternal Sonata - Xbox 360 - Action
Oct 1 - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - DS - Action

Persona 3 was good but I didn't buy it I only rented it. I haven't played Jeanne D'Arc but when I get a PSP I'll rent it. I rented Blue Dragon but didn't like it. I own The Elder Scrolls IV but decided not to beat it because it takes 150-200 hours for me. I am beating Eternal Sonata it is great!!! I think I may beat The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass late this year when I get a DS, it's short enough so I have time for it along with other games.

BUY ETERNAL SONATA!!! :)
NAMCO BANDAI Games - Eternal Sonata™ (http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/)
Click on Gallery and then click on TV Spot, please tell me what you think of that tv commercial! :)

Tasura
10-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I didn't ask what games I should buy, I asked what one I should play through first. And as you may have noticed, I only listed PS2 games, so telling me to get games for systems I don't have is entirely pointless.

Markus. D
10-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Magna Carta is an awesome RPG once you get the hang of it. But it does take awhile to get into.

or Disgaea 2 :] one of those.

Rostum
10-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I didn't ask what games I should buy, I asked what one I should play through first. And as you may have noticed, I only listed PS2 games, so telling me to get games for systems I don't have is entirely pointless.

I also noticed no one actually read your first post.

I'd suggest Xenosaga 1, only if you have Xenosaga 2 and 3 to play through afterwards.

I've never been into the Disagea games, but currently I have downloaded/downloading Radiata Stories and Wild Arms 5. So I can't give my opinion on them yet. I'd still say, from what I've heard of those games, Xenosaga is the way to go (most will say Disagea though).

Kenshin IV
10-08-2007, 05:48 AM
I already have Persona 3 =P

Oh, well then, Disgaea it is.