PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV DS Voice Cast Announced

Crossblades
09-28-2007, 07:38 PM
IGN: Final Fantasy IV Voice Cast Announced (http://ds.ign.com/articles/823/823567p1.html)

A big 3D facelift isn't the only update Final Fantasy IV is receiving in its trip to the DS. Square Enix is also adding voice acting to better tell one of the series' classic story lines. Today, the company announced the Japanese voice actor cast.

Square Enix is apparently planning on getting the voice job right. The list of previous work for the for the cast includes such big productions as Blood+, D.Gray-man, Saiyuuki, Galaxy Angel, Dragon Ball Z, Hajime no Ippo, and Naruto.

Here's the full cast:

Cecil: Shizuma Hidoshima
Rosa: Yuko Kaida
Kain: Koichi Yamadera
Gilbert: Ryo Horikawa
Rydia: Noriko :skull::skull::skull::skull:aya
Palom & Porom: Rie Kugimiya
Yan: Tesshou Genda
Edge: Hiroya Ishimaru
Cid: Ichiro Nagai
Fusoya: Banjou Ginga
Tellah: Gorou Naya
Globez: Takeshi Kaga

With FFIV getting the full voice treatment, we can only assume the upcoming remakes of FFV and FFVI will follow. Suddenly, playing games you've played a few times before doesn't sound too bad.

Zeromus_X
09-30-2007, 03:40 AM
This is certainly a pleasant surprise, even if Tesshou Genda is the only VA I recognize from that list.

Karellen
09-30-2007, 05:43 AM
If the NTSC version gets the dub cast from Galaxy Angel and Dragon Ball Z I am going to cry myself to sleep for the rest of the year.

Marshall Banana
09-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Koichi Yamadera is also the Japanese voice of Sebastian in The Little Mermaid and Kingdom Hearts, apparently! I'm excited!

So, what about Maaya Sakamoto, Square? =(

Evastio
10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Based on what I saw in that new preview the voice actor choices are really going to work out quite nicely.

Also, would someone mind making a list of which voice actors were in what TV/Game series and which character they played?

Takara
10-03-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm not too fond of Kain's voice. Too deep. But it could have been worse.

And I don't recognize any of those voice actors, so HAH!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Here's a list of the cast members and their most notable roles, as well roles that indicate their individual styles as character actors.

Shizuma Hidoshima
No information. It would seem IGN got the name wrong.
Cecil Harvey

Yuko Kaida
Dixie Clemets (Rumble Roses series)
Rosa Farrell

Koichi Yamadera
Various roles redubbing the voice of Eddie Murphy

Donald Duck (Disney animation, Kingdom Hearts)
Roger Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma ˝)
Sebastian (The Little Mermaid, Kingdom Hearts) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HTv9Fy1GsXA)
The Beast (Beauty and the Beast, Kingdom Hearts)
Genie (Aladdin, Kingdom Hearts)
Kibagami Jubei (Ninja Scroll)
Ryoji Kaji (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Togusa (Ghost in the Shell series)
Michael Jordon (Space Jam)
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
Ed (Brave Fencer Musashiden)
Stitch (Lilo & Stitch, Kingdom Hearts II)
Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
Albedo Piazzolla (Xenosaga series)
Leonard (Drag-On Dragoon)
Cain Highwind

Ryo Horikawa
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Heiji Hattori (Detective Conan)
E.G. Mine (Trigun)
Captain Falcon (Super Smash Bros. series) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=_IUyqenD7kU)
Miktran (Tales of Destiny PlayStation 2 remake)
Gilbert Chris Von Muir

Noriko Shitaya
Kasumi Tomine (Alien Nine)
Maria (Final Fantasy II PlayStation remake)
Lydia of Mist

Rie Kugimiya
Mary Godwin (Xenosaga series)
Porom the Mysidian
Palom the Mysidian

Tesshou Genda
Various roles redubbing the voices of Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Steven Seagal

Foghorn Leghorn (Looney Tunes franchise)
Tigger (Winnie the Pooh animation, Kingdom Hearts)
Wilbur (The Rescuers)
Rei (Urusei Yastura)
Inspector Gadget (Inspector Gadget)
Optimus Prime (Transformers)
Ryusaku (Akira)
Garfield (Garfield and Friends)
Batman (Batman: The Animated Series)
Tiesel Bonne (Mega Man Legends series)
Domino Walker (Cowboy Bebop)
Tantor (Tarzan)
Mace Windu (Star Wars series)
Dan Dastun (The Big O)
Azul (Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII)
Yang Fang Leiden

Hiroya Ishimaru
Hot Rod (Transformers)
Count Dracula (Demon Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood)
Koji Masuda (Ehrgeiz)
Lei Wulong (Tekken 5)
Edward "Edge" Geraldine

Ichiro Nagai
Jodo (Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro)
Yoda (Star Wars series)
Cherry (Urusei Yatsura)
Mito (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
Left Hand (Vampire Hunter D)
Happosai (Ranma ˝)
Philoctetes (Hercules, Kingdom Hearts)
Cid Pollendina

Banjo Ginga
Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid series)
Tongpu (Cowboy Bebop)
Clayton (Tarzan, Kingdom Hearts)
Captain Blue (Viewtiful Joe series)
Major Zero (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
Reeve Tuesti (Final Fantasy VII series)
Fusuya

Goro Naya
Inspector Zenigata (Lupin III franchise)
Yupa (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
Benson Cunningham (Snatcher)
Gordon Rosewater (The Big O)
Tella the Wise Man

Takeshi Kaga
Chairman Kaga (Iron Chef) (http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/kagaenjoysapepper.gif)
Souichiro Yagami (Death Note)
Golbeza

Evastio
10-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks Kawaii Ryűkishi.

Takara
10-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Kishi, you rock.

Koichi Yamadera
Ryoji Kaji (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

I KNEW that voice was familiar!

Anyone else but me find it funny that Eddy has the same voice actor as Vegeta? Now I'm having the very disturbing mental image of the spoony bard doing that "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!" meme.

Also... rofl, Mopu's VA is called Banjo... Yes, I'm easily amused by the weirdest things when lacking sleep.

ReloadPsi
10-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Holy crap! Voices? That's awesome! Maybe.

Necronopticous
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
TERRIBLE BOMBARDMENTS FROM THE AIRSHIPS!

What does the scanner say about their power level?

Takara
10-08-2007, 12:21 AM
It's over nine thousand? :shifty:

Necronopticous
10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Do you think Tellah will still call Edward a spoony bard in this iteration of Final Fantasy IV? Now that we've got voice actors in the picture, I'm sort of hoping they scrap the line and go with the originally intended serious nature of that scene.

FuzZerd
10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I think they have to have it in the credits, as a sort of blooper, I doubt they realize the significance this phrase seems to have had on most ff4 players.

Necronopticous
10-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Oh, they're fully aware of its meme status, which is the reason they've kept it in tact in the most recent retranslation.

Takara
10-08-2007, 04:37 AM
They should do two voice acting jobs in English; one with a proper translation, and one in the Engrish glory of "FFII".

I bet Zeromus' v.a. would be hilarious: "You, the man of darkness using it does not mean anything to me, you fools!"

And, of course, the absolute gold of this line: "...I ...will ...not ...perish... ...as ...long ...as ...there ...is... ...evil ...in ...the ...hearts... ...of ...people...... ...puff... GRR...ZRR... GRRAAAM!!!!"

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? Zeromus = William Shatner. *nodnods*

yanis
10-08-2007, 05:30 AM
I guess it's easier to put some subs in English version!:rolleyes2

Evastio
10-08-2007, 06:12 AM
They should do two voice acting jobs in English; one with a proper translation, and one in the Engrish glory of "FFII".

I bet Zeromus' v.a. would be hilarious: "You, the man of darkness using it does not mean anything to me, you fools!"

And, of course, the absolute gold of this line: "...I ...will ...not ...perish... ...as ...long ...as ...there ...is... ...evil ...in ...the ...hearts... ...of ...people...... ...puff... GRR...ZRR... GRRAAAM!!!!"

I was thinking more of Zeromus = Bill Cosby or Zeromus = Steve Martin.

Takara
10-08-2007, 06:40 AM

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuh! Shatner! :( Look at all those ellipses in Zeromus' quote. The blue hairball of doom is clearly affected by William Shatner Syndrome.

Roogle
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Y'see, the man of darkness using that thing won't do a thing — ah, you know, I had an uncle with a crystal once, and he used to — Zeromus is like the new coke, hate'll be around forever. ;)

Heath
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Do you think Tellah will still call Edward a spoony bard in this iteration of Final Fantasy IV? Now that we've got voice actors in the picture, I'm sort of hoping they scrap the line and go with the originally intended serious nature of that scene.

Be interesting to see what they do with it, but I imagine he'll still called Edward a spoony bard. Like you said, because of its meme status I think they'd be rather reluctant to change it. Besides, I have to admit, I'm quite hoping they don't!