PDA

View Full Version : Do any American copies actually include the Dark Aeons?

Peter_20
09-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Have you heard of any American releases that contain the Dark Aeons and Penance and all the International stuff?

Tavrobel
09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
No. There's a reason why it's International. Mostly because most copies were sold in NA before they released FFX Int/PAL. You could import it, but why would you ask such a question? Seems fairly obvious.

Peter_20
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, but I find it pretty likely that the Americans would sooner or later get a version that included those things.
Americans have to import the versions with the Dark Aeons, and giving them an own American Dark Aeon version wouldn't exactly hurt.

Right now it's like "oh no, I'm an American so I can't play the Dark Aeons version! I need to import one!"

Nifleheim7
09-28-2007, 08:18 PM
The "Oh no i'm European" is more often the case.

Renmiri
09-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Have you heard of any American releases that contain the Dark Aeons and Penance and all the International stuff?

It's on the disk but you can't get to them.

I ripped this out of my FFX disk

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/D_bahamut.jpg

Rostum
09-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Well, but I find it pretty likely that the Americans would sooner or later get a version that included those things.
Americans have to import the versions with the Dark Aeons, and giving them an own American Dark Aeon version wouldn't exactly hurt.

Right now it's like "oh no, I'm an American so I can't play the Dark Aeons version! I need to import one!"

You're in Sweden, your copy is PAL and will have Dark Aeons. I don't know why you would have imported the American version.

Peter_20
09-29-2007, 11:44 AM

You're in Sweden, your copy is PAL and will have Dark Aeons. I don't know why you would have imported the American version.Because the American version is played in 60 Hz.
This means the game will flow much better, have practically non-existent black borders on the top and bottom, AND everything will be 1/6 faster.
That's why I want the American version; too bad it doesn't include some great stuff.

Sure, I *can* use cheat codes in order to manipulate the framerate, but this will mess up the cutscenes instead. :eep:

Tavrobel
09-29-2007, 04:46 PM

You severely underestimate the attention span of Americans.

It's on the disk but you can't get to them.
I ripped this out of my FFX disk

[image]big black dragon[picture]

Looks like the Yu Yevon Bahamut fight. Along with Dark Bahamut in FFX-2.

Renmiri
09-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Yep. All the Dark Aeons are in the disk

Rostum
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM

You're in Sweden, your copy is PAL and will have Dark Aeons. I don't know why you would have imported the American version.Because the American version is played in 60 Hz.
This means the game will flow much better, have practically non-existent black borders on the top and bottom, AND everything will be 1/6 faster.
That's why I want the American version; too bad it doesn't include some great stuff.

Sure, I *can* use cheat codes in order to manipulate the framerate, but this will mess up the cutscenes instead. :eep:

Order the Australian version. It is the PAL version, but with no black borders and I'm not sure about the 60Hz, I have never noticed anything but smooth animation within the game.

It'd be a waste to get the American version, just because it runs at 60Hz.

Heath
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I own the Australian version myself and I don't think it's 60Hz. I say this because my portable television can't handle Metroid Prime or SSB:M in 60Hz, but it plays FFX fine. Like Omecle, I can't say I ever had a problem with the speed it played it because it's generally smooth and fast. Can't say I remember noticing a difference between the Australian PAL version and the British PAL version my friends had in terms of borders, actually.