PDA

View Full Version : growlanser: heritage of war

The Knights of the Round
09-29-2007, 03:29 AM
so yeah i bought this game when it game out (preorder) but i havnt opened it yet. ive been waiting for reviews.. basically anything about it so that i can make my choice before opening it.. i can still take it back if i find out its one of those dud games.. basically im asking if anyone knows anything about this game what so ever.. is it good or not?? for anyone who helps me out thank you :)

Rostum
09-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Never heard of it.

Why the hell would you buy it, not knowing exactly what it is and what reviews it has been given?

Dragonsoul
09-29-2007, 07:03 AM
For video game reviews, you can read game magazines, go to game websites, or read the game forums, but they don't give you as accurate of a rating as this other method. Go to metacritic.com/games and type in the game name. That site lists an average of all critical reviews, 30 something, out of 100% and you see the average score. It also has a user rating average but you can find that at many places. Gamerankings.com is the same thing. Also, metacritic rates other stuff also, but is famous probably for it's game and movie rankings.

Growlanser: Heritage of War (ps2: 2007): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/growlanserheritageofwar)
Growlanser: Heritage of War Reviews (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930601.asp?q=growlanser)

The reviews aren't too good and there aren't many. As far as tactical rpg's this season goes there is a strategy. Heroes of Mana, Luminous Arc, and Dungeons & Dragons Tactics got a release date a week before Jeanne D'Arc. The first three games aren't super great but Jeanne D'Arc is really high quality. Then a month later Growlanser got a release date right before Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, which is better.

Later this season we have remakes of Final Fantasy Tactics, Front Mission, and Disgaea. These are great games! They are remakes though. Fire Emblem Nov 5th is coming out and it should be great and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is Nov 20th is the fourth of the four top tactical rpg's this season.

I recommend these top four, and those three remakes for you to rent and decide which to buy. :)

rpgamer.com has top release schedule/history and news