PDA

View Full Version : For the last time I'm afk!

Captain Maxx Power
09-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Right now I am miffed at my various friends who insist on messaging me on MSN even though I am blatantly in AFK status, and then getting all hissy about it at a later date. I even kindly put an auto-AFK facility on incase I go away from the computer for long periods (which I often do) so people know I won't reply. Stupid MSNians.

Have you experienced this phenomena recently? Does it grate on you?

bipper
09-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I guess you should just log out. I am generally cool with it. I hate catching up most the time though, so I tl;dr their asses.

Life is just better if you NEVER leave the keyboard. The internet has all of what you need.

KoShiatar
09-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Just log out or appear as invisible. Some people just don't seem to think that the "AFK" and "Busy" statuses mean anything at all.

What I cannot stand, however, is those people who come online with nicknames as "Don't contact me! I don't want to talk!!!!!!!!11"
Why do you log in if you don't want to chat? >.<

Faris
09-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Most people IM me while I'm not there, but I never put my status as away. It's all coincidence that I leave the room for TWO minutes and I have 3 new IM windows.

Agrias
09-29-2007, 08:52 PM
people dont message me. I'm an internet loner.

Tavrobel
09-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Yes. It's incredibly annoying when I'm playing WCIII, and it minimizes me. It's the only time I put up an away message.

Ashi
09-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Some of my classmates are like that. They get incredibly impatient and stressed if they IM me and I'm not there when we have a project to do. Usually it's like we decide to meet on MSN at 10 (for example), they log on at 8, see that I'm online (but I'm AFK!) and then proceed to spam me. And if I take longer than a minute to type something, that adds to their stress and they continue to spam me to "check if I'm still there", which drives me crazy. I wish I were exaggerating when I said that "if i take longer than a minute".

Psychotic
09-29-2007, 10:03 PM
People only message me when I am AFK. That's how the system works.

Spammerman
09-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Most people IM me while I'm not there, but I never put my status as away. It's all coincidence that I leave the room for TWO minutes and I have 3 new IM windows.

I thought I was alone.

I now have a friend who wont talk to me because i left my browser running while playing my 360 which is in a different room and couldnt respond to her message.

Araciel
09-29-2007, 10:37 PM
i hate when people login to messengers and sit in away mode for hours at a time...if you're not online, why not appear offline?

i understand if you're afk for like half an hour, and that we're no longer on dialup, but COME ON

theundeadhero
09-29-2007, 10:57 PM
If I knew for sure you were one of the mysterious people on MSN that I added, which I currently don't even know who over half the people are, I would check to see if you were AFK. If you were, I would send you a messege.

Iceglow
09-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm like one of these people who will drop a "hey" to people if they're busy or away but if they don't reply thats cool I mean they're not exactly set to online. I get annoyed with people if they message me when I'm set to busy because that means I'm either watching a movie on my laptop (headphones, very useful late at night when people are liable to go nutty) or I'm truly busy/doing something full screen because if I can sit there and have a convo with people I sit there and have msn signed in as online. I also make a comment in my personal message when busy/full screen like "playing guildwars, you may speak but no reply until I close the game down :P" or "watching movie" and even better "sorry guys, really damn busy atm give me an hour or two please" since I only have the "show what I'm listening to" on when online as online I find it annoying people say "oh sorry didn't notice" what little red and white "no entry" road sign icon didn't give it away? or the personal message that came up when you highlighted my name with your mouse? geez

Yamaneko
09-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Logoff and quit bitching.

Madame Adequate
09-30-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm invisible. If someone talks to me and I don't want to know, I'll just stay that way. "Oh sorry, I didn't get your messages, I've not been online in forever."

Lawr
09-30-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm invisible. If someone talks to me and I don't want to know, I'll just stay that way. "Oh sorry, I didn't get your messages, I've not been online in forever."

Sly little fox. :jess:

Venom
09-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Every fucking day.

StarlightAngel
09-30-2007, 07:20 AM
My friend kept trying to message me even though I had my away message as "busy" (I was doing the laundry).

When I came back and saw that she'd been saying stuff like "hey do u no wat hw was?" and "hey r u there?" which irritates me further because it's freaking chat speak, I began typing to her very curtly. I don't think she picked up on it though =/

Tasura
09-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh god how that annoys me, I stay signed in all the time, unless my laptop is with me when I go somewhere. But I'll be set to away and have "- Sleeping" in my name, not my personal message, my name. One person once asked me if I was there for 2 hours one night while I was sleeping.