PDA

View Full Version : To Zanarkand vs The Place Ill Return to Someday

Vivisteiner
09-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Two awesome pieces.

But Ill have to go with The Place Ill Return to Someday because it is so brilliant melodically. It also conveys to me a strong emotion that I cant define and gives me a sense of inner peace.

To Zanarkand is beautiful as well.

charliepanayi
09-30-2007, 03:10 PM
They're both great, but it's The Place I'll Return to Someday which is my favourite. It's a lovely piece, and I often just enjoy letting the opening title screen of FFIX run whilst I listen to it.

Laddy
09-30-2007, 03:22 PM
AHG! I... To Zanarkand!

cloud21zidane16
09-30-2007, 09:41 PM
The Place I'll Return to Someday, beautiful music.

Little Blue
09-30-2007, 09:47 PM
The Place I'll Return to Someday.

Though the Black Mages take on To Zanarkand (The Skies Above) will always hold a special place in my heart. It made me laugh so much when I first heard it...

ShivaBlizzard8
10-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Although I agree that The Place I'll return to Someday has a gorgeous melody, my vote has to go to Zanarkand. It's haunting in its initial simplicity, and it returns in so many brilliant variations throughout the game. When it swells during the ending sequence at the emotional climax of the game, its just phenom.

Brennan
10-03-2007, 07:39 PM
To Zanarkand

scrumpleberry
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
This is dreadful. They're both one of my faves for their respective games...

*headsplode*

I chose to Zanarkand, but I wish that there could be a draw button.

Jessweeee♪
10-04-2007, 12:47 AM
TO ZANARKAND!

AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY~~~

....but The Place I'll Return to Someday is also very pretty n.n

Heath
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
To Zanarkand is absolutely beautiful. I like The Place I'll Return to Someday, but it really didn't stick out of FFIX to me like it seems to have for other people. The versions played in Oeilvert and Ipsen's Castle are better, I think, but even those I prefer To Zanarkand. I've always loved piano music and To Zanarkand is one of my absolute favourite pieces.

Vivisteiner
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Im shocked!

To Zanarkand is beating The Place I'll Return to Someday!

Actually, tbh, Im not shocked. A lot of people are suckers for the soppy, sad, emotional songs. The Place evokes different emotions, but I just find the three musical lines, weaving together so magical.

I like to sing each line seperately. For the other versions of the song, the other two melodic lines are less apparent I think. But for the main one, it has three tunes! Three awesome tunes in one!