PDA

View Full Version : ...Ghosts?

Hazzard
09-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Do you believe in them, or do you think that the whole theory of them is fake?

Comet
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I believe.

Hazzard
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
That was quick, I believe too...after hearing Ralf's stories...

cloud21zidane16
09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I believe, but dont believe some of the storys i hear.

Sergeant Hartman
09-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Yes, I've watched too much Most Haunted :/

James Leopold
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
....I see dead people...

Proxy
09-30-2007, 03:48 PM
I've heard too many stories, and experienced quite a number of events myself that leads me to believe they are real.

Chimp
09-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Nope.

Rocket Edge
09-30-2007, 04:49 PM
There is more than enough evidence to me to suggest that they are real, so I believe there is.

Madame Adequate
09-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm not a believer, but I'm more open-minded towards this than most other such things, because someone I love and trust has told me with full conviction of such an encounter.

Freya
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Meh, there will always be the unexplained.

escobert
09-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes. my house is very much haunted.

Venom
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
No, I dont believe in ghosts anymore.

Chemical
09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
I do not believe in ghosts

For ghosts to exist there must be forces of concentrated energy, usually called the soul, floating around.

1. Energy can not be destroyed or created - so what happens to the energy made by the body when the body dies? Most people think the enregy is escapes the body as a soul and that a soul lies in purgatory for various reasons. However, the body's loss of energy can be accounted for at death: the growth of epidermus tissue, release of bodily functions and excretment, body temperature cooling over a specific time (it doesn't just become cold) because cells continue to function and use energy even after the heart stops pumping oxygen through the body. When the oxygen runs out and there are no longer any more nutrients or energy for cells to use these single living organisms begin to die. As cells stop working over time the body's temperature gradually decreases and I think it takes a a few hours or more for this to occur. So the organ system and especially the nervous system are irreversibly damaged but organs still have the ability to function otherwise known as energy potential that' stored within them and may become active again under the condition that these organs are surgically placed within a fully functioning organ system.

2. Energy is formed in many ways but there are two main principles that I believe make ghosts improbable if not impossible.

a) Energy is formed by the breaking and making of chemical bonds. Air is a mixture of different compounds and molecules that react to form energy - however the different properties of the chemicals floating in the air cause the substances to settle out and be evenly distributed through the atmosphere. Chemicals are constantly moving down a gradiant to achieve ballance so it is impossible for molecules to remain concentrated in a given area of space as the substances would be diluted. In this case the particles of a person's ghost would just be distributed evenly through the atmosphere till they were too spread out to be a recognizable entity.

b) Energy travels in waves. That is to say that energy in its purest form travels in straight rays as seen by example of the sun and in radio. Since a ghost is considered to be made of pure energy due to a lack of a physical boundry then the ghost must also travel in a straight line, however when energy is exerted in this manner energy is "lost" and eventually becomes absorbed and transformmed into other types of energy. IE. sound. In this instance a person's ghost would expel all of its energy travelling and eventually fade after being absorbed by materials and being transfomed into other forms of energy including heat and sound.

Anyways
ghosts are impossible.
the end.

Fonzie
09-30-2007, 07:11 PM
lovehurts is a ghost expert.

I Don't Need A Name
09-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I believe in them yeah
However:

that show its just a micky take. Derek Acorah is a complete tard

StarlightAngel
09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Not really, but I still get creeped out when I hear random sounds in the middle of the night =X

The Ceej
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Can any of the nine people who answered yes tell me one thing?

Why is it that ghosts are always seen wearing clothes? I don't believe the clothes were ever alive. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if ghosts were naked? Or maybe if they had no human form whatsoever?

Chemical
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
some people believe that the appartion or physical appearance of a ghost actually occurs within the brain - so there isn't actually an entity that is visibly there but what actually occurs is that the ghost affects your sensory channels by means of electrical stimulation to the cortex causing a hallucination that mimcs the intial form of the ghost.

i_like_ff8
09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Not really, but I still get creeped out when I hear random sounds in the middle of the night =X

me to, its scary:cry:

Rengori
09-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't believe ghosts exists, but it'd be cool if they did.

LunarWeaver
09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't believe in an afterlife at all, so no. And even if I did, I wouldn't believe in one that lets only certain souls flitter around the mortal plane scaring people for no apparent reason.

theundeadhero
09-30-2007, 10:18 PM
GHOSTS DON'T EXIST!

Goldenboko
09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I like watching those shows where the persons all like "MY MOM TRIED TO KILL ME WHEN A GHOST TOOK OVER HER BODY!" It makes me laugh :D

Randgris
10-01-2007, 06:47 AM
GHOSTS DON'T EXIST!

When scientists debunk ghosts their first statement is usually, “there is no scientific proof of the existence of ghosts.” This is wrong. There is scientific proof. Science even has theories that explain something must be happening beyond what we know and what we can see.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955), Time Magazine's Man of the Century and one of the greatest minds the world has known, taught us that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be changed from one form of energy into another form of energy. This means that no matter what is done energy cannot be destroyed.

Human beings have both electrical and chemical energy in our bodies. We are organically designed to carry our electrically charged brain and nervous systems. When we die our chemical bodies begin to break down and decompose. The organic side returns to wear it came from - energy changing into a different form of energy as Einstein's law says. So what happens to the electrical energy that flows through our brain? It can't simply disappear or fade away out of existence. That would break the laws of science. That energy has to still be somewhere only now it has changed into a different form of energy. What happens to the energy is really determined by personal faith. No one knows exactly what waits beyond this life. What we do know, thanks to science, is that the electrical pulse energy in each human being will always exist because as a rule it “cannot be destroyed.”

Another great scientist who believed in life after death was Thomas Edison, (1847-1931). Edison was a genius ahead of his time. He invented the light bulb, phonograph, typewriter, electric motor, stock ticker, and 1093 other patented inventions. One of the inventions that he worked on at the end of his career was a secret project, a machine that would let the living see and communicate with the souls of the dead.

Edison believed that that the soul was made up of what he referred to as “life units.” These microscopic particles or life units could rearrange into any form. They retained full memory, personality and were indestructible. Edison's machine would detect these life units in the environment and allow living individual to communicate with the dead. He put many years of hard work into his new creation, but sadly, he died before it was finished. Some called Edison crazy. Others thought that he was onto something bigger than the idea of the light bulb. They believed that if he would have had a little more time, we might all today be living in a very different world.

It's been found that in almost every ghost haunting and poltergeist that there are certain electrical elements at work. Using EMF detectors ghost hunters can monitor these electrical forces. These devices can examine and record even the smallest fluctuation in the surrounding electromagnetic field. Everything gives off some kind of electromagnetic field, even our own bodies. Electrical appliances, like television sets and computers give off higher distortions than a lamp or a toaster would. When ghosts are present there are higher levels of electromagnetic distortions. Many times the distortions are so high that they interfere with the working abilities of computers systems and audio/video equipment. High levels of static electricity are also detectable.

Recording temperature changes is another scientific way of detecting the presence of ghosts. Fluctuations of more than 10 degrees have been recorded in small areas of rooms with constant temperatures. It's a scientific fact that there has to be some form of energy present to alter the temperature. Temperature does not change unless "something" is affecting it one way or the other. In many ghost sightings witnesses report feeling a cold spot. This could be caused by the fact that light does not seem to reflect correctly off of most ghosts, which also gives them a dark form. The light seems to be absorbed into the ghost. The theory is that ghosts absorb both light and heat energy causing the general area around that ghost to be several degrees cooler. There are also hot spots recorded, which could be just the reverse affect occurring. Instead of soaking up the light and heat the ghost is reflecting it back, causing the area to be warmer.

These unexplainable electromagnetic fluctuations and temperature changes are scientific evidence that something is happening. Ghosts are real.

41-Inches-Wide
10-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Stop scaring me randgris! :cry:

Rengori
10-01-2007, 07:06 AM
GHOSTS DON'T EXIST!

When scientists debunk ghosts their first statement is usually, “there is no scientific proof of the existence of ghosts.” This is wrong. There is scientific proof. Science even has theories that explain something must be happening beyond what we know and what we can see.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955), Time Magazine's Man of the Century and one of the greatest minds the world has known, taught us that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be changed from one form of energy into another form of energy. This means that no matter what is done energy cannot be destroyed.

Human beings have both electrical and chemical energy in our bodies. We are organically designed to carry our electrically charged brain and nervous systems. When we die our chemical bodies begin to break down and decompose. The organic side returns to wear it came from - energy changing into a different form of energy as Einstein's law says. So what happens to the electrical energy that flows through our brain? It can't simply disappear or fade away out of existence. That would break the laws of science. That energy has to still be somewhere only now it has changed into a different form of energy. What happens to the energy is really determined by personal faith. No one knows exactly what waits beyond this life. What we do know, thanks to science, is that the electrical pulse energy in each human being will always exist because as a rule it “cannot be destroyed.”

Another great scientist who believed in life after death was Thomas Edison, (1847-1931). Edison was a genius ahead of his time. He invented the light bulb, phonograph, typewriter, electric motor, stock ticker, and 1093 other patented inventions. One of the inventions that he worked on at the end of his career was a secret project, a machine that would let the living see and communicate with the souls of the dead.

Edison believed that that the soul was made up of what he referred to as “life units.” These microscopic particles or life units could rearrange into any form. They retained full memory, personality and were indestructible. Edison's machine would detect these life units in the environment and allow living individual to communicate with the dead. He put many years of hard work into his new creation, but sadly, he died before it was finished. Some called Edison crazy. Others thought that he was onto something bigger than the idea of the light bulb. They believed that if he would have had a little more time, we might all today be living in a very different world.

It's been found that in almost every ghost haunting and poltergeist that there are certain electrical elements at work. Using EMF detectors ghost hunters can monitor these electrical forces. These devices can examine and record even the smallest fluctuation in the surrounding electromagnetic field. Everything gives off some kind of electromagnetic field, even our own bodies. Electrical appliances, like television sets and computers give off higher distortions than a lamp or a toaster would. When ghosts are present there are higher levels of electromagnetic distortions. Many times the distortions are so high that they interfere with the working abilities of computers systems and audio/video equipment. High levels of static electricity are also detectable.

Recording temperature changes is another scientific way of detecting the presence of ghosts. Fluctuations of more than 10 degrees have been recorded in small areas of rooms with constant temperatures. It's a scientific fact that there has to be some form of energy present to alter the temperature. Temperature does not change unless "something" is affecting it one way or the other. In many ghost sightings witnesses report feeling a cold spot. This could be caused by the fact that light does not seem to reflect correctly off of most ghosts, which also gives them a dark form. The light seems to be absorbed into the ghost. The theory is that ghosts absorb both light and heat energy causing the general area around that ghost to be several degrees cooler. There are also hot spots recorded, which could be just the reverse affect occurring. Instead of soaking up the light and heat the ghost is reflecting it back, causing the area to be warmer.

These unexplainable electromagnetic fluctuations and temperature changes are scientific evidence that something is happening. Ghosts are real.

tl;dr

Araciel
10-01-2007, 07:09 AM
hahahah

fuck no.

Randgris
10-01-2007, 08:41 AM
I believe in the paranormal. In fact, our house may have some paranormal activites, especially after midnight. Once my mom was cooking (around 3AM), she went in the toilet and saw the water in the pail swirling, as if someone played with it. No one else is awake at that time. I believe its a doppelganger.

Levian
10-01-2007, 01:36 PM
At Saturday nights my cell phone seems to be sending stupid messages to all of my friends. Stupid ghosts.

Fonzie
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I believe in the paranormal. In fact, our house may have some paranormal activites, especially after midnight. Once my mom was cooking (around 3AM), she went in the toilet and saw the water in the pail swirling, as if someone played with it. No one else is awake at that time. I believe its a doppelganger.

You have fairies in your house too?

Thought I was the only one.

Mirage
10-01-2007, 02:28 PM

What theory are you talking about?

Anyway, I do not believe in ghosts. I'm not denying that there might be things in this world we do not know of, but until I've had several encounters myself, or someone proves it, I don't believe in ghosts.

My girlfriend does though.

yanis
10-02-2007, 03:17 AM
There are no ghosts, there are dead people!:ghost:

Randgris
10-02-2007, 06:35 AM
I believe that when a person dies, his 'energy' is somewhat left behind. That's why there are called hauntings, especially if that person died a tragic or violent death. They tend to reenact how they died, my only 'logical' explanation of rattling chains, ghastly cries and weird shadowy figures. And no there are no fairies in our house, just dwarves.

Goldenboko
10-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I believe that when a person dies, his 'energy' is somewhat left behind. That's why there are called hauntings, especially if that person died a tragic or violent death. They tend to reenact how they died, my only 'logical' explanation of rattling chains, ghastly cries and weird shadowy figures. And no there are no fairies in our house, just dwarves.

GOErly? Perhaps you can tell me when the men in the white coats come to take you to the happy hotel?

Rostum
10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
I do believe in ghosts, though I have never had an encounter. I tend not to believe a lot of stories though...

oddler
10-02-2007, 06:06 PM
some people believe that the appartion or physical appearance of a ghost actually occurs within the brain - so there isn't actually an entity that is visibly there but what actually occurs is that the ghost affects your sensory channels by means of electrical stimulation to the cortex causing a hallucination that mimcs the intial form of the ghost.

I think that makes more sense than someone's listless energy just appearing out of thin air. I'll go with that for now.

I've never actually seen a ghost but I like spooky things, so I'll say yes I believe in ghostage.

Hazzard
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM

What theory are you talking about?

Anyway, I do not believe in ghosts. I'm not denying that there might be things in this world we do not know of, but until I've had several encounters myself, or someone proves it, I don't believe in ghosts.

My girlfriend does though.

Let us not pick at everything Hazzard has got to say, I was tired that night. ;)

Old Manus
10-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty apathetic to the whole ghosts thing. As long as they don't touch any of my stuff, we're cool.

Quindiana Jones
10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
I was killed by a ghost once. Wasn't as sucky as you'd think. I was chatting with God, discussing whether or not I'd go to Hell, and then he read that I'd been killed by a ghost.

This is what happened:

"Oh...right...killed by a ghost?....ummm...just lemme check something" *shuffle shuffle shuffle through some folders*
"Nope, that doesn't count. You get to go back down. Though I've gotta warn you, carry on like this and you'll go straight down to....hey where're you going??"

So, yeah. I believe.

The Ceej
10-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I was killed by a ghost once. Wasn't as sucky as you'd think. I was chatting with God, discussing whether or not I'd go to Hell, and then he read that I'd been killed by a ghost.

This is what happened:

"Oh...right...killed by a ghost?....ummm...just lemme check something" *shuffle shuffle shuffle through some folders*
"Nope, that doesn't count. You get to go back down. Though I've gotta warn you, carry on like this and you'll go straight down to....hey where're you going??"

So, yeah. I believe.

Yeah. Why does God think no one wants to go to hell anyway? All the good music and movies and pictures and whatnot are in hell. The best art comes from suffering. I mean, seriously. What is anyone going to do for fun in heaven?

Oh, sorry about being off topic. Harle-Quin led me there.

Quindiana Jones
10-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, if you think about it, your version of Heaven could have all the suffery good music and whatnot.

I think Islam wins with 13 virgins.

The Ceej
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah. But Quin, who's going to write this music? Is it going to come from hell? Doesn't that make God a violator of interdimensional copyright law? And isn't he supposed to be perfect?

And I'm not sure how many virgins they get in Islam, but I'm pretty sure it's between 70 and 79. That's a big difference from 13.

Quindiana Jones
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
To be honest, God can do whatever the John He likes. Who's gonna stop Him? Plus, you have to realise that God Himself has already committed most of the 7 Deadly Sins, which proves that He clearly doesn't base His judgement on them alone. He probably only condemns those who listen to crap music, and like modern art.

I never listened much in RS. But still, 13+ is all gravy to me. That's amount, not age.

Woodinator
10-03-2007, 08:41 PM
yes i beleive in ghosts, and also beleive there is one in my house. I conversed with one when i was a lot younger...and then described the old man that had died in our house before we bought it perfectly as the one i was talking to...that and i've heard my bedroom open and close randomly when i'm home alone...and no there is no draft doing it...

Besides...i beleive in souls, and perhaps that they're in between death and afterlife...

Rengori
10-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Who's gonna stop Him?

Ernie Chambers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Chambers#2007_Lawsuit_against_God)

Azalar
10-04-2007, 01:23 AM

I would trust this so called "Ghost Hunting" Show at all. It has been proved to be a fake sometimes.

I do belive in ghost.

In a house I once lived in, there was a few ghost.

The ghosts of a police offier who once had a heart attack and died in the police station on which the house was now built on.

The ghost of our old cat, Jinx, who died in the house.

There was also a Polterguist in the house.

Plus my Great Nan would sometimes be there.

The Ceej
10-04-2007, 01:27 AM
There's not a jail in the world that would hold God.

Also, I'd like to see someone collect in a lawsuit against God. I mean, seriously. Even if God is ordered to pay, how do you suppose they could get the money?

I know I switched sides here. I don't really have a side. I can argue both if I please.

Hmm... This thread is about ghosts. Perhaps we can split this second line of conversation into another thread? I'd consider it if I cared enough. However, even if I did care enough, I could only take it from this point on. I'm sure a mod could take the whole second line of conversation and split it into another thread. That is assuming anyone cares enough.

On the other hand, God is a spirit. And what is a spirit, but a ghost? Maybe it is relevant afterall.

Rengori
10-04-2007, 02:38 AM
There's not a jail in the world that would hold God.

Also, I'd like to see someone collect in a lawsuit against God. I mean, seriously. Even if God is ordered to pay, how do you suppose they could get the money?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/4455normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Jon Thompson
10-04-2007, 03:35 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">They won't get any money because God is as real as Holden Caulfield and to be honest, I think they are the same character.

Anywho, I've had a plenty encounters with ghost. Splashing in the pool, lights turning on an off, doors closing, things randomly falling. My house has tried numerous time to injure people. A bookshelf fell on a friend while sleeping. How does a bookshelf just fall in the middle of the night? It's been calmer lately.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Azalar
10-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Polterguist*. One of the more severe ones.

*Cant spell it, and its 3.39am here

Lynx
10-04-2007, 08:06 PM
idk once in a abandoned hotel some glass started cracking on its own. but this could ahve been exsplained with the glass was old probably all reday had a crack in it and we opened the door letting in the below 0 air.

another time me my brother and our 2 friends all heard footsteps above us we took the only staircase up checked every room and never found anyone. but i also thought this could be esplained with maybe they were the next floor up and the next floor had multiple staircases.

ive done a lot of urban exsploring in abdoned hotels and never thought i saw a ghost. but if i encounter one im gonna start making salt bullets like in supernatural.

Jojee
10-04-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't believe in ghosts but I still get freaked out by them xD

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't believe in ghosts but I still get freaked out by them xD

That's like saying I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy but I'm still glad she leaves me money.

YOU PILLOCK! :D