PDA

View Full Version : Which game should never have been made?

jammi567
09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
This can include spinoff games as well.

For me personally, it has to be VII, just because of all the fuss it's caused over the years over the tiniest of things.

Hazzard
09-30-2007, 09:55 PM
It's obviously X-2, it ruined the fabric the original had once laid out, tarnished it with a load of crap, and was only produced to make some cash...

PuPu
09-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Final Fantasy X-2. Just because it was a horribly done sequel of X.

For me personally, it has to be VII, just because of all the fuss it's caused over the years over the tiniest of things.
This will probably be the fuel that lights the flaming from the FFVII fans that see this. :eek:
Though I sure hope it doesn't. After all, FFVII had already created so much fuss already.

Rengori
10-01-2007, 05:53 AM
X. That way we don't have X or X-2.

Shin Gouken
10-01-2007, 06:32 AM
I have at least something nice to say about every FF... exept X-2 which is the biggest pile of bollocks i have ever seen in my life.

FF X-2 was a game made without any real effort. It took characters from a great game and shat all over them. It was aimed at 13 year old girls who don't know any better and it's purpose was to steal peoples hard earned money. I use the word "steal" because thats what it was... stealing. I feel i have been robbed of my money.

Masamunemaster
10-01-2007, 07:04 AM

What kind of gamer are you??????????

I strongly agree they both were a waste of time

jammi567
10-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Ohhh, but then, i notice that you don't have anything to say about the compolation of VII, which, at this stage, is certainly out just to exploit VII fanboy's money.

What kind of gamer are you??????????

Someone who hassome kind of common sense.

Edit: Ohh, and the first comment was directed towards the poster before you.

Fynn
10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Well, considering the fact that I enjoyed every single FF I've played (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII, TA, MQ), I'd say each of them has a place in the FF universe. I'm still dying to play IX and the original Tactics, though I believe I'll lovbe them as well. :D

Raebus
10-01-2007, 08:36 AM

QFT. :D

Goldenboko
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Every VII Sequel, X-2 (Reason should be obvious), XI should be renamed, its more of a spinoff and really shouldn't have a number.

Slothy
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
People can say X-2 all they want, but at least it can be said that the battle system was one of the best in the series. On the other hand, I can't say the gameplay in Dirge of Cerberus was good at all, so I'll say that should never have been made.

Also, no one who's ever enjoyed an FF after VII can say it shouldn't have been made. FFVII is the reason the RPG genre exploded the way it did in the PSX era. Without it, the odds are none of the subsequent FF's would exist in their current form. I doubt the market would have been able to support the high budgets.

Shin Gouken
10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
X-2's battle system is basically FFV's with minor differences

Of course it is entirely possible that FF could have made it to where it is now without FFVII. Theres even the possibility that FF could be a greater series than it is now without FFVII. We can only speculate

Karellen
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM
FFX-2's ability system is like FFV (Well, more like FFT really). The actual battle mechanics however were vastly improved.

Vivisteiner
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Definitely FFX-2. What a waste of time, money, effort. Everything.

Well, considering the fact that I enjoyed every single FF I've played (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII, TA, MQ), I'd say each of them has a place in the FF universe. I'm still dying to play IX and the original Tactics, though I believe I'll lovbe them as well. :D
Buy FFIX now! It'll blow your mind.

It blew mine. Get it over the internet. Its worth every cent/penny.

cloud21zidane16
10-01-2007, 06:30 PM

I never noticed any effort:confused: :D

Winner
10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Ive always thought X was the start of things going wrong.

The Ceej
10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Final Fantasy III DS.

I think Final Fantasy III should have been included with Origins or Chronicles, thus keeping pretty much the same gameplay, only doing to it what they did to the first two games. Now I quietly sneak out of here while a few people who love that game are marching in to flame me. I've gotten in this argument before and I refuse to get in it again.

Vivisteiner
10-01-2007, 07:43 PM

lmao, true. XD.

ReloadPsi
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Tactics Advance; evidence of the f**gy cuteness poisons planted by Disney.

Laddy
10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
FFMQ, because it's boring.

10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Hmmm, maybe MQ. It's not that the game can't be fun, and if it can be fun it's not wholly without merit. But the point of it was to get "stupid americans" into RPGs and it was a pretty colossal failure at that. I also found it a bit insulting until I found out via these forums that a ton of people apparently bitch about "the WOR in FFVI isn't linear enough for me." So hell, maybe we do deserve our RPGs to be on rails...

I'm sure that one of the many spinoffs deserves to be on the list too, but I've never had the opportunity to play them so I wouldn't know.

Elpizo
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Final Fantasy VI. Curse the day it ever came to exist.

Brennan
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

QFT QFT:) :D

silentenigma
10-02-2007, 12:55 AM
FFX-2

Crossblades
10-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Final Fantasy VI. Curse the day it ever came to exist.

What's wrong with VI?

Bolivar
10-02-2007, 03:13 AM
I really don't think any of the FF's shouldn't have been made. I enjoy them all, I think maybe FFTA is the only one that should have done better. Tactics is such an amazing game, TA is really cool too but I just think it didn't live up to the original.

Takara
10-03-2007, 02:07 AM
I rented X-2 the other night out of boredom.

I want those 3 hours of my life back. And my 5$. And can someone ressurrect all of my braincells that died, and erase the atrocious music from my memory?

Ashley Schovitz
10-03-2007, 02:31 AM
Dirge of Cerberus I suppose, but i don't think any really need to be non-existant because the company wasn't forcing me to play the games but IMO Dirge of Cerberus is the one I could deal with the most.

NeoCracker
10-03-2007, 05:38 AM
VIII. Draw system was Lame, as was Junction System. Your Characters were basicly Clones, except for their Limit Attacks.
Underdeveloped Supporting Cast, Main Character and his Love Object are two of the most annoying Characters in all FF, and basicly everything is focused on those two.

People say X-2's battle system was good, but with how easy that game was it really didnt' matter. I didnt' know if it was a good system or not, and there isn't even a point in using all it has to offer.

Ouch!
10-03-2007, 08:17 AM
I'd go with Final Fantasy X-2, although not for the reasons others have mentioned. While I don't disagree with any of them, my beef with X-2 lies elsewhere.

Specifically, X-2 opened the door to sequels. As if one terrible sequel wasn't bad enough, suddenly FFVII gets an entire compilation (and only Crisis Core appears to be decent at all), most of which seems entirely forced as the game likely was never meant to have a sequel.

Given how much SE makes on these sequels, it's unrealistic to expect them to stop. I think that there's something to be said about the loss of the novelty of the independent titles.

Tabris
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I would have wished that X-2 hadn't been made if that meant that would have made a sequel to X that was more in line with the feel of that game. If it was to be X-2 or no sequel, I would have the game any day.

Loony BoB
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Final Fantasy XI. It took too many gamers away from EoFF. :(

Crossblades
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Final Fantasy XI. It took too many gamers away from EoFF. :(

But I'm still here =(

Zora
10-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Final Fantasy III DS.

I think Final Fantasy III should have been included with Origins or Chronicles, thus keeping pretty much the same gameplay, only doing to it what they did to the first two games. Now I quietly sneak out of here while a few people who love that game are marching in to flame me. I've gotten in this argument before and I refuse to get in it again.

My only complaint is that then it would have sucky loadtimes if they did that.

But, I really don't care. FFIII should have ben a game preserved for the hardcore FF fans. It is amazing how much casual appeal it got and how overrated it is. Sure, it has a good translation, but everything else was severly outdated.

Anyways, FFVII. Rather its hype. I really don't like FF as a mass-appealing series now. Sure, it helps them have a bigger budget, but so many things went wrong every since it appeared to a mass auidience. I realize that this is a business and commerical success is everything but...

But so many of FF's flaws nowadays would have been fixed. Like series having unneeded sequels.

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2007, 06:09 AM
VIII. Draw system was Lame, as was Junction System. Your Characters were basicly Clones, except for their Limit Attacks.

let's see
II they looked different, but could be anything
III they were clones, anyone could be anyone
V all about jobs again
VII materia was the only difference besides limits....
just a bad reason to hate VIII

FFXI should have been FF online, don't like the number

shouldn't have existed? Idk... I think they all had something important to them.

THE JACKEL

Zora
10-08-2007, 06:12 AM

let's see
V all about jobs again

shouldn't have existed? Idk... I think they all had something important to them.

THE JACKAL

Well with FFI, III, V, and other ones with jobs you can make them unique. FFVIII has that option too in a way, as does FFXII. Although every character has the same options, each one is belt so radically different that by the end of the game they aren't the same. Sure, Zell and Rinoa can be used interchangably, assuming you switch junctions, but they can be oh so different too.

I won't deny that in FFVIII nearly everyone is a clone. But it isn't as bad as some games. FFVII was the worse IMO. The materia is too subtle to make a truely unique character.

Red Phire
10-09-2007, 08:05 AM

I couldn't agree more.

NeoCracker
10-10-2007, 12:36 AM

let's see
V all about jobs again

THE JACKAL

But for that very reason I hate II. The Jobs were in fact different, though yes, you could make your characters clones that way as well which I do see as a Downside.

However V had enough good about it to make up for that one downside.

JackNapier
10-10-2007, 01:02 AM

QFT

Rianoa
10-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Out of ff there all good exept ff-x2 its horrible how did they make it so bad i will never know there all so cheesy square shouldn't have bothed. they wasted money i bought it to see if tidus appered again there's the chore of getting 100% then its a load of £?@*$