PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Priorities

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 04:35 AM
How come women can call each other bitches and no offense is taken, But when a man called a woman a bitch, even in a friendly matter like their girlfriends but assume the man is not gay, the women blow up! If you don't wanna be called a bitch, you should treat others like you wanna be treated. The hell with it. I'll still call these bitches bitches. What do you guys think?

Momiji
10-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Um, be nice?

Araciel
10-01-2007, 05:06 AM
How come women can call each other bitches and no offense is taken, But when a man called a woman a bitch, even in a friendly matter like their girlfriends but assume the man is not gay, the women blow up! If you don't wanna be called a bitch, you should treat others like you wanna be treated. The hell with it. I'll still call these bitches bitches. What do you guys think?

what if i use the N word while referring to you?

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 05:18 AM

what if i use the N word while referring to you?

Me personally, I wouldn't have no problem with it, if it was used as a positive.

Araciel
10-01-2007, 05:21 AM
so you agree that it's a double-standard that makes no sense, like the one you're talking about

now all we need to do is convince everyone else then ;)

escobert
10-01-2007, 05:22 AM
I get called the n word atleast 55 times a day and I'm as white as can be :p

blackmage_nuke
10-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Because your friends are crazy

I dont hear the women i hang around with calling each other bitch

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 05:25 AM
so you agree that it's a double-standard that makes no sense, like the one you're talking about

now all we need to do is convince everyone else then ;)

Of course I agree. But with women, It doesn't matter if you use it as a positive or not...Well, their was that movie How High, but that was just a movie...:rolleyes2

41-Inches-Wide
10-01-2007, 05:26 AM
I don't appreciate that word in any way it is spoken. But I've heard the word used among females as a way to 'empower', where they use the term to mean 'you are a liberated, powerful, man-castrating woman'. (i.e. "We are bitches and we're proud of it!")

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 05:28 AM
I don't appreciate that word in any way it is spoken. But I've heard the word used among females as a way to 'empower', where they use the term to mean 'you are a liberated, powerful, man-castrating woman'. (i.e. "We are bitches and we're proud of it!")

...A bitch is a female dog regardless of how you look at it. but hey! If the shoe fits...:rolleyes2...by the way, call me Aicha...;)

Araciel
10-01-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't know, I generally don't use words that should be used negatively as positive.

That being said, I DO use a lot of negative language, but generally nothing on the racist or sexually derogatory bent as the terms in question.

41-Inches-Wide
10-01-2007, 05:41 AM
...A bitch is a female dog regardless of how you look at it. but hey! If the shoe fits...:rolleyes2...by the way, call me Aicha...;)

Traditionally, yes. But does it actually mean the same today? No m i rite?

You bastard :jess: Long distance calls fail

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 05:48 AM

Traditionally, yes. But does it actually mean the same today? No m i rite?

You bastard :jess: Long distance calls fail

I suspose so. I mean, the N word has a different meaning nowadays. And sense you can't call me sexy, how 'bout we take this side conversation to the PM?;)

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Stop hitting on chicks like you ain't never seen one, Typhoon.

If someone, anyone calls me a bitch and means it, they're going to learn what bitch means. I don't use that word unless I mean it.

41-Inches-Wide
10-01-2007, 06:56 AM
*hides behind foa* lol yay

What are the qualities of a woman who deserves to be called a big bitch? You call her a bitch and then you really mean it? What does she do exactly? Sleep around with many men?

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 06:57 AM

If someone, anyone calls me a bitch and means it, they're going to learn what bitch means. I don't use that word unless I mean it.

A'yo, What do you mean by "And Means It"? And don't get mad if I'm not hittin' on you...:rolleyes2

Shlup
10-01-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't call my female friends bitches any more than I call my husband a bitch.

XxSephirothxX
10-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Some people find the word fuck offensive, some people find the word bitch offensive. I think just about anything that can be construed as an insult has the potential to bother you. It's up to individual morality and preconceptions about what words stand for. For me, it's not what you say nearly so much as it is how you say it.

I think you're making a pretty ridiculous generalization about people having trouble with the word bitch.

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2007, 07:08 AM

A'yo, What do you mean by "And Means It"? And don't get mad if I'm not hittin' on you...:rolleyes2

You know what I mean. If someone calls me a bitch and means it. If my friend Erin laughs at something I say and goes "haha, you're a bitch" that's alright. She doesn't intend to hurt me. When someone uses the word and tends to hurt me, I get mad.

And sugar, you ain't got what it takes to make my head turn. I'm just trying to make sure you're not making any of these ladies uncomfortable.

TyphoonThaReapa
10-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Some people find the word smurf offensive, some people find the word bitch offensive. I think just about anything that can be construed as an insult has the potential to bother you. It's up to individual morality and preconceptions about what words stand for. For me, it's not what you say nearly so much as it is how you say it.

I think you're making a pretty ridiculous generalization about people having trouble with the word bitch.

You know what I mean. If someone calls me a bitch and means it. If my friend Erin laughs at something I say and goes "haha, you're a bitch" that's alright. She doesn't intend to hurt me. When someone uses the word and tends to hurt me, I get mad.

And sugar, you ain't got what it takes to make my head turn. I'm just trying to make sure you're not making any of these ladies uncomfortable.

Thank you for being specific. And now I know why you two you Administrators. No fun at all...:rolleyes2...If you guys hadn't notices, I joke all the time. Foa, are you actually taking me seriously in general chat? Lol...:cool:

Resha
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I get bossed 'round and called "bitch" all the time. "Do this, bitch" and "Do that, bitch". But y'know what? I take it like a man.

Madame Adequate
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I call my friends bitches in that friendly way friends do that kind of thing. And they call me the same. We tend to be fairly gender-neutral with our insults. Anyway yeah I don't personally know many people - girls or otherwise - who would take offense at a joking insult like that.

DK
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Huxley is my bitch :kiss:

Loony BoB
10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Guys never call a girl a bitch without either sounding extremely camp (something most guys don't want to do) or sounding offensive. So there you go. That's why girls always take offence to it.

Of course, if you're good friends with someone, you can generally get away with calling them all sorts of things regardless of their gender. Likewise, if you're not good friends with them, you should expect a slappin' for your offensive yappin'.

Peegee
10-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Not everybody has the same sense of humor or ability to cope with insults. You can call me anything from male-based insults (lol pen0r size) to insults about my race and I'll play along. But I don't expect other people to think this way. I'd imagine that if I did I would get into a bit of trouble :)

rubah
10-01-2007, 03:58 PM
If anyone called me a bitch I'd be offended! I've never heard it used as a friendly term between women, so I don't know what you're judging this from

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I call my lady friends slaaaaags, in proper Eastenders style. They know I'm joking.

Peegee
10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I call females dudes and 'man', but I never call a guy a dude or a man. I call guys and girls 'hey you' sometimes. Or I poke them.

Sometimes I use their given names.

Jess
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
If it's a friend, male or female, and they're joking then I see no problem. It's when they're serious or it's somebody I don't know then it bothers me. :jess: