PDA

View Full Version : What do you mean I have obligations?

Peegee
10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
"I really need to learn that just because I don't care for it I have to do it. That applies to most things." - Megan

Yeah like, what? I argued to Megan that the sentence only applies to school, because school you go to and you have to follow certain guidelines for success. When it comes to non-school related endeavors, it really is arbitrary what you do with your free time and thus nobody can rationalise a justification why one ought do certain things, especially unenjoyable things.

What say you?

edit: of course if Megan is reading this all we did was argue that laundry can be subverted by being a nudist.

fire_of_avalon
10-02-2007, 02:15 AM
I told you. I can't be a nudist because I'd get cold and there are no good nudist universities.

Yamaneko
10-02-2007, 02:19 AM
You have obligations to yourself in order to maintain life.

Peegee
10-02-2007, 03:16 AM
You have obligations to yourself in order to maintain life.

My life, or somebody else's? And does that mean I can't commit suicide?

Jon Thompson
10-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Suicide is for mormons.

Are you a mormon, ghetto a la pure?

Polygamy is wrong, Polyester. Very, very wrong. Yet it must be great. Unless you're one of those crazy polygamists who buy wives and treat them like :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Ones like Bill Paxton and Jeanene Triplehorn are alright I guess.

Araciel
10-02-2007, 10:34 AM
(don't you mean morons?)

we all have to do things we don't want to do

that's life.

but to say BECAUSE you don't like something, you SHOULD do it...makes no sense to me.

fire_of_avalon
10-02-2007, 01:33 PM
That's not what I meant! We were talking about my philosophy assignments. I said just because I don't care for philosophy I still have to do it! Not that I have to do it because I don't like it. xD

Bunny
10-02-2007, 01:42 PM
You don't have to do it. You don't have to do anything. You are doing it because you want good grades and you want to graduate from college. Because you don't want to waste your money. So you aren't doing what you have to do, only what you want to do.

Fonzie
10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
You don't have to do it. You don't have to do anything. You are doing it because you want good grades and you want to graduate from college. Because you don't want to waste your money. So you aren't doing what you have to do, only what you want to do.

Exactly how I've been told before.

Peegee
10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

She might not even want to do philosophy, but she probably needed a credit in that field and it was the 'easiest' option. I don't know the specifics. All I'm arguing and what you're saying is that we have the option to not do anything we don't wanna. It's life, yes, but it doesn't have to control my actions.

Bunny
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Even under those circumstances she still wanted to do philosophy. She had the option to choose a class other than philosophy, but she did not take it. So she wanted it.

Peegee
10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Even under those circumstances she still wanted to do philosophy. She had the option to choose a class other than philosophy, but she did not take it. So she wanted it.

Since we're just making up assumptions for Megan, let's presume that not only did she want it, she needed it :p

Bunny
10-02-2007, 03:13 PM
WELL LET'S JUST ASSUME BACON IS DELICIOUS THEN OKAY

Okay.

Rengori
10-02-2007, 03:18 PM

Okay.

Well that's a true statement, not an assumption.

Peegee
10-02-2007, 03:19 PM
"Canadian" bacon?

Bunny
10-02-2007, 03:22 PM

Okay.

Communists dislike bacon.

"Canadian" bacon?

Communist.

blackmage_nuke
10-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I think it all depends on whether you care if other people like you or not

Peegee
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Okay.

Communists dislike bacon.

"Canadian" bacon?

Communist.

Communist is so 1960. You're supposed to call us Commie Nazi Terrorists.

Bunny
10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Balar Akbah.

Jon Thompson
10-04-2007, 03:27 AM
(don't you mean morons?)

we all have to do things we don't want to do

that's life.

but to say BECAUSE you don't like something, you SHOULD do it...makes no sense to me.

wtf made you think I mean morons? Don't italicize, trying to act all condescending in my direction. I've got my eye on you now confused transformer. MY EYE ON YOU.

Monol
10-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Bacon is sweet

Araciel
10-04-2007, 03:34 AM
actually i find it more salty.

Monol
10-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Eh to each its own

fire_of_avalon
10-08-2007, 07:10 AM
In order to get something I want there are obligations. I could easily stop these obligations by wanting something else. But I don't. So I have to do certain things, like take a philosophy course.

It ain't like breathing, y'all. I never said that. I don't have to answer the philosophy questions if I just change my desires. But I don't want to change my desires, so there!

Araciel
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Philosophy just makes you think about nothing too much.

Jojee
10-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Obligations apply to school? What? >=( Damn, instead of writing my essay I just spent a good amount of time making a pretty sig. ...but it's so sparkly n___n Curse you, obligation...! ;_;

*gnaws*