PDA

View Full Version : New Radiohead album!

charliepanayi
10-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Pitchfork: NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM AAAAAAAHHH!!! (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/46015-new-radiohead-album-aaaaaaahhh)
Pitchfork: Radiohead Album Coming Out as Regular CD Too (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/46028-radiohead-album-coming-out-as-regular-cd-too)

There must be some fellow Radiohead fans out there - any thoughts on this? What a nice new story for me to wake up to this morning, I've been waiting ages for the new album, never saw this coming XD

I will have to get the download, it's crazy that they're effectively letting you pay as much as you like for it. It says a lot as to how much I love Radiohead that I considered getting the Discbox option but then realised that it'd be a slight waste of money to buy stuff like vinyl for £40 when I can't even play it :D

I will also get the regular release early next year though, their albums always have great artwork in the sleeve etc. Can't wait to get to hear it all.

Xander
10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
I used to be a big fan... though don't listen much these days. But I'll be interested to see what it's like, I think I heard 15 step and it seemed kinda cool. I enjoyed all previous albums for different reasons, but I never got into Thom's solo album. I'll definately have a listen, it's cool they're still doing stuff :)

Cz
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
This news has made my year. I love the way they've kept it a secret for so long. It's amazing to think that only a few days ago we knew nothing about this, and yet we'll be hearing it in a week's time. :hyper:

Discbox for me. Couldn't pass up the bonus CD, and I ought to be able to play the vinyls on my dad's old deck. Besides, it's Radiohead. £40 is a perfectly reasonable price if it's anything like as good as their previous work. :thumb:

Old Manus
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
In before Hsu!

Deborah
10-05-2007, 01:01 AM
:love:

Rostum
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
YES!

Jowy
10-06-2007, 01:39 AM
!!!!!!!

wah wah profanity radiohead is great ugly bolded text from a mod.

Necronopticous
10-06-2007, 05:15 AM
<B>In Rainbows</B> is a vessel of media heroism.

I love Radiohead, and I will be supporting their nobility come Wednesday.

Jowy
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I figured Roogle of all people would yell at me for swearing.

Keep up the good work.

El Bandito
10-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Just finished downloading it, so far it's awesome.

Denmark
10-10-2007, 07:01 AM
it is heavenly.

Necronopticous
10-10-2007, 07:16 AM
It is everything we've come to expect from Radiohead and more.

I'm in heaven. I've never been so happy about a mediocre 160kbps rip.

Cz
10-10-2007, 11:15 AM
This is already a great album, and I haven't even got to Videotape yet.

Faust Arp is sublime. :D

Resha
10-10-2007, 03:04 PM
It's pretty darned awesome. Pretty darned. Although I'll have to listen to it a few more times before any special track hits me like whoa

Heath
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Really need to get around to listening to this. It's been far too long since I gave anything by Radiohead a proper listen.

Breine
10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
This record is causing quite a stir in the music industry. Not because of what's on the album, but because fans are able to decide how much they wanna pay for it. It's a great way of marketing the album, really.

By the way, I just read today that other artists want to do the same thing; Nine Inch Nails, Jamiroquai, Oasis and maybe even Madonna has dropped her record label to concentrate more on the digital part of the industry.. meh :eep:

Anyway, topic: I don't really know any of Radiohead's music, but I've heard they're good.. so, I've actually thought about buying one of their records one day.

Bunny
10-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyway, topic: I don't really know any of Radiohead's music, but I've heard they're good.. so, I've actually thought about buying one of their records one day.

Getting into Radiohead can be somewhat difficult, suggesting which CD is the best introduction is near-impossible. Each of their CD's are so drastically different that it is hard to exactly gauge which one a person should listen to first. Ok Computer is, generally, considered their best and most famous record. I consider it to be decent and okay, but I prefer The Bends and Kid A over it. Amnesiac is basically a giant Kid A 2 and is definitely good in its own right (it was my introduction to Radiohead and did its job very well). Pablo Honey(first record) and Hail to the Thief are probably the most similiar records (Aside from Amnesiac and Kid A) because they are more geared towards the general audience, with the latter being a more jazzy/alternative rock feel. Honestly, I'd just try and pick up a few songs here and there and decide which era of Radiohead you like and then go from there.

As far as the new record is considered, I think the idea behind it is absolutely brilliant and I plan on getting it for free (paying absolutely nothing) and then seeing how exactly I like it. Based on the record, I will probably buy the package that is being released later. I have yet to download it because the site was hit hard yesterday, as expected. Took about five minutes to load each page.

Shoeberto
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Each song is fantastic on its own. My only disappointments come from me being weird. For one, it doesn't seem like an album as much as a bunch of songs... yeah, shut up, I know. It's probably because I downloaded that Live in NY bootleg back a while ago and basically looped all of the new tracks. Seriously, that spoiled it for me so hard, I was pretty depressed when I realized I already knew half the tracks :(

But that album/songs thing is probably me comparing it to the albums I've listened to over and over and over and over again for years now, so it's all moot. Really these gripes are just making me want to listen to it more, so it's not like they're all bad. 11/10 stars!!

Mongotha
10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Everything about the album is brilliant. Radiohead have totally reinvented themselves yet again. It's awesome that they can keep producing music that doesn't sound anything like anything else. I'm so pleased with it.

charliepanayi
10-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Bunny gives a good summary of Radiohead's discopgraphy in their post. I would say that it's easiest to work chronologically with Radiohead. You can see then the jumps they made from Pablo Honey to The Bends to OK Computer to Kid A/Amnesiac. And have a listen to their live album (I Might Be Wrong) too if you listen to Kid A and Amnesiac.

rubah
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Their older music is more rock sounding, with sounds that remind you of pink floyd (the wall, dark side of the moon), and I think I mostly prefer that sound ("The Bends").

After that they got a real soft (and dark) kinda synthy style (that stu loves :p) ("OK Computer").

In Rainbows seems to be pretty varied, but I've only listened to it once, so I dunno.

(I am not radiohead expert, this is just my observations, Hsu can tell you much more xD)

Resha
10-12-2007, 08:19 PM
The tracks have hit me :D

And "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" is the most amazing thing ever

Rostum
10-15-2007, 06:17 AM
I just got this album (listening to it for the first time now, it's nearly finished). It is extremely awesome! My favourites are still The Bends and OK-Computer, but this is absolutely awesome.

Definitely worth a buy.

eestlinc
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
It's awesome to hear these songs in studio versions. I had already heard half of them live, and have the live mp3s. I've been wondering for a while what album would come out of them. Very pleased.