PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite rpg released in the early Fall 2007 season in Usa?

Dragonsoul
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
The fall 2007 season of rpg releases in the Usa I have divided into early, middle, and late sections, based on the games released. Early is August 14th to October 2nd. Middle is October 9th to October 31st. Late is November 5th to November 20th, although it will include any games that may come out later in the year if I find any.

Here's the Fall 2007 Rpg Release Calendar for the Usa...

8-14 PS 2 Shin Megamei Tensei: Persona 3
8-14 DS Heroes of Mana
8-14 DS Luminous Arc
8-14 DS Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
8-14 PSP Dungeons and Dragons Tactics

8-21 PSP Jeanne D'Arc
8-21 PSP Dragoneer's Aria
8-23 XB 360/PC Two Worlds

8-28 XB 360/PC Blue Dragon
8-28 PS 2 Wild Arms 5
8-31 PC Guild Wars: Eye of the North

9-10 XB 360/PC The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition
9-11 PS 2 .hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption

9-17 Xbox 360 Eternal Sonata
9-18 PS 2 Growlanser: Heritage of War
9-18 PS 2 Digimon World: Data Squad
9-18 DS Digimon World: Dusk
9-18 DS Digimon World: Dawn

9-25 PS 2 Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

10-1 DS The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
10-2 DS Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol

10-9 PSP Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
10-9 PS 3 Folklore

10-16 PS 3 The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition
10-19 PC Tabula Rasa

10-23 DS Front Mission
10-23 PSP Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

10-30 PSP Disgaea
10-30 PC The Witcher
10-31 PC Hellgate: London

11-5 Wii Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
11-6 DS Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

11-20 Xbox 360 Mass Effect
11-20 DS Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
11-20 Multi Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess(PC, PS 2, Xbox 360)
11-20 Multi Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus(PC, PS 2, Xbox 360)

?-? PC Everquest: Secrets of Faydwer
?-? PC Hero's Journey

So far I'd say that the most popular rpg's released in the early section of the Fall 2007 rpg season for Usa are:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Jeanne D'Arc
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

I rented Persona 3 and thought it was good. I don't have a PSP and haven't played Jeanne D'Arc yet. I rented Blue Dragon but didn't like it. I am renting/playing Eternal Sonata now and I love it and I'm buying it!! I don't have a DS yet so I haven't played the Zelda game yet. I am not including The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition in this poll because it doesn't have any new material I think. What is your favorite rpg released so far in the United States for the early section of the fall season? My vote is Eternal Sonata so far! I've given Eternal Sonata extremely high ratings so it probably will be unlikely that I'll like Jeanne D'Arc or The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass more when I play them.

Rostum
10-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Zelda =/= RPG. :D

ljkkjlcm9
10-02-2007, 01:05 AM
there's a number of games on the list I'd like
but right now I'm enjoying Luminous Arc
Want to get:
Heroes of Mana
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn(which will be amazing)
FFXII: Revenant Wings (despite not playing FFXII lol)
PSU: AoI, because I'm a PSU player, and actually quite well known on PC/PS2 servers (mostly as an azzhole, cause I make fun of people a lot lol)

THE JACKEL

Ouch!
10-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Eternal Sonata rocked my socks.

Dragonsoul
10-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Did you beat Eternal Sonata yet? I'm currently 9 hours into the game, it's great! I wonder how long it is. Rpgamer says 25-35 hours, a creator says 30-40 hours.

Vermachtnis
10-02-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm kind of poor right now. The only game I have from that list is Digimon World Data Squad. It's pretty fun.

Dragonsoul
10-02-2007, 02:25 AM
How does that game compare to Pokemon or Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker?

I'm excited because I went to the official Eternal Sonata website and found out how to save all three trailers, which are in .flv file format. I downloaded a program and converted them to .swf's so I can watch them easier. I've earlier saved all 32 tracks of music from the website. :D

edczxcvbnm
10-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Fall doesn't start until the 21st of september...why is there even august stuff on that list?

Bolivar
10-02-2007, 03:04 AM
i didn't get any of them but I will be buying REvenant Wings. I might actually get Rune Factory this weekend.

Dragonsoul
10-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Edc, it's because we are talking about the Fall season of rpg releases not weather seasons. The gaming seasons of the year are named in a different fashion from the actual weather type season. The first great rpg's of this time come out on August 14th and the last great ones come out on Nov 20th, unless we get some extra stuff later in the year. The reason for calling it Fall rpg season is to generalize the release calendar of the year into three seasons. We have the Spring season, the Summer season, and the Fall season.

Bolivar, your icon is great! I'm buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings the day it comes out. Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon is developed by Neverland, the same company that developed the first three Lufia games. I'm intrigued by the Rune Factory game and may rent it once I get a DS, the reviews are good for it.

Bolivar, what rpg's are you currently playing and what rpg's are you going to be playing later this year? I'm currently playing Eternal Sonata, and then I'll do the last 25 hours of Final Fantasy XII to beat that, then I'll get Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on November 20th, then I'll beat Alundra 1.

Orophin
10-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Persona 3 for me but Jeanne D'Arc was pretty good too. And by the way, Zelda is not an RPG.

Bolivar
10-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Edc, it's because we are talking about the Fall season of rpg releases not weather seasons. The gaming seasons of the year are named in a different fashion from the actual weather type season. The first great rpg's of this time come out on August 14th and the last great ones come out on Nov 20th, unless we get some extra stuff later in the year. The reason for calling it Fall rpg season is to generalize the release calendar of the year into three seasons. We have the Spring season, the Summer season, and the Fall season.

Bolivar, your icon is great! I'm buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings the day it comes out. Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon is developed by Neverland, the same company that developed the first three Lufia games. I'm intrigued by the Rune Factory game and may rent it once I get a DS, the reviews are good for it.

Bolivar, what rpg's are you currently playing and what rpg's are you going to be playing later this year? I'm currently playing Eternal Sonata, and then I'll do the last 25 hours of Final Fantasy XII to beat that, then I'll get Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on November 20th, then I'll beat Alundra 1.

Haha, thanks man, it's simplistic yet classic (the icon).

As far as RPG's I'm playing, Ogre Battle on my PC and Final Fantasy VII with my roommate. In the last year I ran through the first 6 FF's, then XII and IIIDS when they came out, then started with Tactics and the first 6 again. So I'll probably be playing FFVIII-X after that, and I still have to finish Xenogears and Tactics Ogre. I think I'm gonna pick up Rune Factory this weekend, I'll probably play that when I'm on the go. FFXII:RW I'll definately be getting, have fun completing XII.

Dragonsoul
10-02-2007, 04:23 AM
I want a Final Fantasy Tactics icon, I need to search somewhere.

You playing the Snes Ogre Battle you mean? You're lucky you have tons of time to play a lot of rpg's, unlike me. You beat a lot of great games, what about Vagrant Story or Chrono Cross?

Orophin, how long is Jeanne D'Arc with and without sidequests? I'm very intrigued by it, there's a slight chance I could play it during the winter. Too many great rpg's are out! What are other tactical rpg's you like? Do you have interest in Soul Nomad & the World eaters, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, or Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

EDIT:
I'm listing the rpg's that came out this Fall season in Usa so far, and whether or not I'm renting them...
Rented/Owned:
Persona 3
Blue Dragon
The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition
Eternal Sonata

To Rent:
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Jeanne D'Arc
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

To Possibly Rent:
Heroes of Mana
Luminous Arc
Dragoneer's Aria
Wild Arms 5
.hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption
Soul Nomad & the World Eaters

Skip:
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics
Two Worlds
Guild Wars: Eye of the North
Growlanser: Heritage of War
Digimon World: Data Squad
Digimon World: Dawn
Digimon World: Dusk
Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol

...I didn't like Blue Dragon too much but Persona 3 is good and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is great. Eternal Sonata is incredible and I'm buying it! I'm looking forward to renting and possibly buying Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, Jeanne D'Arc, and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Oh, and I only listed rpg's out so far.

Seraphic
10-03-2007, 01:16 AM
I really like Persona 3!
Makes school seem fun and gives you the whole high school feeling all over again.
For better or for worse (kids pushing each other for your attention can be quite cumbersome) XD;

Elite Lord Sigma
10-03-2007, 03:35 AM
I can't give a fair answer, as I've not played any of the games on the list.

Shadow8017
10-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Blue Dragon = the new Final Fantasy

Markus. D
10-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Guild Wars: Eye of the North.

n_n

Ouch!
10-03-2007, 04:07 AM
Did you beat Eternal Sonata yet? I'm currently 9 hours into the game, it's great! I wonder how long it is. Rpgamer says 25-35 hours, a creator says 30-40 hours.
I beat it in 23 hours. However, there's sort of a New Game+ option called Encore. You start with all the party levels you obtained in the first play-through (not character levels). In the Encore, you can backtrack and revisit more areas near the end to do more side quests. There's a lot of stuff only available through the Encore.

Rostum
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
From the list, probably Persona 3. I actually haven't played anything on the list, but I will play Persona 3 soon.

Nifleheim7
10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
The ones that interest me from that list (so far) are:
Persona3
though i haven't played any Shin Megami Tensei ever and i have read that the game assumes that you have some familiarity with the series...
Rune Factory
Jeanne D'Arc
Eternal Sonata
and
The legend of Zelda:Phantom Hourglass,which i'm going to order in the next couple of days:)
(although Zelda is not an RPG:))

Bolivar
10-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I want a Final Fantasy Tactics icon, I need to search somewhere.

You playing the Snes Ogre Battle you mean? You're lucky you have tons of time to play a lot of rpg's, unlike me. You beat a lot of great games, what about Vagrant Story or Chrono Cross?

well it helps that i play them 1 at a time. Vagrant story I want to check eventually and I'm looking to get around to Chrono Cross since I finally beat Chrono Trigger a few months ago. I'll get to them eventually.

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2007, 07:03 PM

XD That is so retarded. If anything thing the fall season should be cut short in favor of a winter season XD

ljkkjlcm9
10-03-2007, 07:12 PM

XD That is so retarded. If anything thing the fall season should be cut short in favor of a winter season XD
nope, because come mid november, you start the holiday season

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2007, 08:46 PM

nope, because come mid november, you start the holiday season

THE JACKAL

Then wouldn't the holiday season be the 4th season? He only mentioned three and specifically mentioned 3...unless mid novemember starts the Spring Season XD

Dragonsoul
10-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I beat it in 23 hours. However, there's sort of a New Game+ option called Encore. You start with all the party levels you obtained in the first play-through (not character levels). In the Encore, you can backtrack and revisit more areas near the end to do more side quests. There's a lot of stuff only available through the Encore.

I was thinking that I may be done in 30 hours. I'm at ten hours and I'm in the Andantino secret passage level. I don't know if I want to beat the game again. What are those extra stuff besides score pieces in the encore?

Bolivar, don't forget to beat Radical Dreamers before Chrono Cross. Radical Dreamers was remade kinda to be Chrono Cross. Too bad the Chrono Cross team split up after that game.

So far Persona 3 is in the lead but we don't have tons of votes yet. I want to see how Eternal Sonata does. Any more comments?

Carl the Llama
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I was trying to put Eternal Sonata but for some unknown reason it I clicked on Wild Arms 5 :/

Dragonsoul
10-04-2007, 11:24 PM
View Poll Results: What is your favorite rpg released in the early Fall 2007 season in Usa?
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 4 23.53%
Jeanne D'Arc 1 5.88%
Blue Dragon 1 5.88%
Wild Arms 5 2 11.76%
.hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption 1 5.88%
Eternal Sonata 2 11.76%
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters 3 17.65%
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 1 5.88%
Other(Post which!!) 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You have already voted on this poll

The voting is pretty spread out. Persona 3 got 4 votes and is in the lead but that isn't unexpected, it's a very popular game. Soul Nomad & The World Eaters has 3 votes, which is unexpected for me. Go Eternal Sonata!!! From the list I haven't gotten around to renting Jeanne D'Arc and Zelda, but I also want to rent Rune Factory. :)

NAMCO BANDAI Games - Eternal Sonata™ (http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/)
On the top of the page, in the music player, turn the volume up first, then go to this song: "Between Light And Darkness(Boss Battle 3)". That song is also included in the second trailer of the game, which is on the website in the "Gallery" section. It's great! :)

Heath
10-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Despite not owning a Wii, I'm certainly looking forward to the new Fire Emblem game. I'll get my mits on it at some stage, I'm sure. Otherwise, FFXII: Revenant Wings for me. It is certainly on my 'to buy' list.

escobert
10-14-2007, 08:15 PM
8-31 PC Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Dragonsoul
10-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Soul Nomad has four votes now, tying Persona 3 for the lead. I'm suprised, I didn't know this game was too popular. Anyways, the other version of this thread is going on at forums.ffshrine.org and Eternal Sonata is leading(Yay!).

Yea, FF XII: RW is going to be great! I'm interested in Fire Emblem also though, too bad I don't have a Wii.

theundeadhero
10-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm playing Blue Dragon right now, but I saw Eternal Sonata for the first time today and was really tempted to buy it.

Carl the Llama
10-15-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm playing Blue Dragon right now, but I saw Eternal Sonata for the first time today and was really tempted to buy it.

Do it, its smegging awesome.

Dragonsoul
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Yea buy Eternal Sonata! Yesterday I bought the special soundtrack bonus dvd that was given to some people in Japan who pre-ordered the game, and to all Japanese people who bought the Eternal Sonata Xbox 360 bundle. It includes music and videos apparently, I'm waiting for it to arrive. I played three and a half hours of this game last night, which is long for me. I have to play a bit more because I gotta finish the last 20 hours of this game and the last 25 hours of Final Fantasy XII sidequests by November 20th before Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. On a sidenote, I decided to import from Japan the Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Sky Pirates special edition silver Nintendo DS Lite. :)