PDA

View Full Version : I. HATE. SHOWERS!

mooglebunni608
10-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Really! This week, I went without. I was so comfortable, and today people actually complimented how my hair looked- the color, how healthy it looked, and stuff. Then I took a shower per order of my mother, and I feel UGLY!
And my hair is all dry and nasty now ><

So what do you think of showers? How often do you shower?

I feel so un-sexy when I shower, but when I haven't in a while I feel super awesome and I notice people look at me more <3
Some people think it's gross, but they can never tell that I haven't showered in a few days. They're usually shocked when I tell them!

Marshall Banana
10-03-2007, 05:12 AM
You're not a doggie!

Darling, it's better down where it's wetter! Take it from me! <a href="http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/product_10001_10001_-1_25679" target="_blank">Strawberry Milkshake</a>, <a href="http://www.day-lab.com/products.php?p=984" target="_blank">Monokuro Boo</a>, and <a href="http://www.meeko.org/disney/mermaid/lyrics.html#under" target="_blank">Sebastian</a> will change your mind.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-03-2007, 05:20 AM
To avoid the whole hair thing, you could simply not wash your hair everyday. Wet it, but not shampoo and condition it everyday. If it is the simply wetness that makes it greasy then you can wear a cap of sorts, or just take a bath.

I love showers. They are a good way to relax and collect thoughts. Sometimes I just sit there, thinking about things or nothing in peculiar. Then again, I am a hydrophile.

EDIT: I shower minimum once a day, every morning to wake up. Without it, I feel gross and dirty.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-03-2007, 05:23 AM
Once a day. Sweat is NOT an attractive scent.

Ditto what Summoner of Leviathan said on the hair thing. I shampoo my hair once every three-ish days, but getting it wet won't really harm anything.

oddler
10-03-2007, 05:25 AM
I full-out clean from head to toe every day. I feel great when I get out of the shower. No idea what you're talking about when you say you feel gross afterward. :confused:

Raven Nox
10-03-2007, 05:27 AM
I take a shower everyday, though I might skip one on the weekends, but not that often. I feel icky if I don't shower often. I like them, and I tend to take long showers, so the whole household sometimes has to run in to use the bathroom after I'm done. xD

However, I understand the hair thing. My hair always looks better after not washing it for a few days as well.

mooglebunni608
10-03-2007, 05:28 AM
I full-out clean from head to toe every day. I feel great when I get out of the shower. No idea what you're talking about when you say you feel gross afterward. :confused:

Well, I get completely dried out right afterwords. It's especially hard on my face and hair ><

Jojee
10-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Getting hair wet does harm it if you have thick/unmanageable/frizzy/whatever have you hair. My hair looks better after a day or two of not washing it too xD Just put your hair up and shower without getting your hair wet. ^_^

Rengori
10-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Once or twice everyday, depending on if I'm doing stuff.

California Heat + No Car + Living at least a mile away from school and all my friends = Suckage

oddler
10-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Well, I get completely dried out right afterwords. It's especially hard on my face and hair ><

I like the dry feeling, I guess. It's better to have a dry face than an oily one. Eh? EH?! In my opinion.

Shoeberto
10-03-2007, 05:34 AM
I take at least one a day in the evening. I like to go to bed feeling clean.

Shlup
10-03-2007, 05:43 AM
I'll sometimes skip a day for the sake of sleeping in, but only if I'm sure I wont smell. My husband usually says my hair looks good when I haven't showered that day too, 'cause of the natural oils and such.

I feel gross if I go another day though, even if it's a jammie day. I would never go out after not showering for two days.

Tasura
10-03-2007, 05:46 AM
I like living where it's cold, and not having to do anything exerting, so since I hardly sweat, I only shower when need be, like formal outings or work, otherwise since I'm only in the presence of people for around 4 hours a day, tops, I just put on Tag/Axe/Old Spice, whatever I grab.

And my hair's the same way, it gets insanely dry and it stays dry for like 2-3 days after I wash it, otherwise it has an intense shine to it, even if I just wet it, it reflects sunlight.

JerseyMage
10-03-2007, 06:10 AM
If I don't shower everyday my hair gets all matted and oily, ugh. I try to use 'clarifying' shampoo, but it only works marginally well.

Miriel
10-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Dude, not showering for a week? That's nasty. =x

The most I'll go is 2 days without showering. And even then I don't feel good about it. Showers are lovely.

escobert
10-03-2007, 06:18 AM
I shower every few days... i can go FOREVER without smelling. it's weird.

Kirobaito
10-03-2007, 06:22 AM
I absolutely HAVE to take a shower every morning. I feel disgusting (and, in fact, am disgusting) if I don't. My hair gets really greasy and stuff without a shower. The thought of not showering for more than a day is icky.

Araciel
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
i love showers.

daily when i can...twice if i work out.

Randgris
10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
I wish I could take a shower everyday too... The problem is... We don't have one... :crying: I'm too poor... :crying:

Tallulah
10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I prefer showers over baths. Baths just take too long to fill up, and I have so many problems rinsing off shampoo especially since the bath at my parents' house (where they have no shower! :mad2:) has no shower attachment on the taps so I have to fill a jug with carefully balanced lukewarm water and rinse my hair that way. The jug isn't that big and my hair is way thick so I have to do this several times. :mad: I have to wash AND condition my hair every day, otherwise it gets impossible to handle. Just today I didn't get enough conditioner in my hair and when I combed it through I pulled out a small hank of hair. :cry: ).

I just ignore the bath in my bathroom and use the shower (God, it needs a clean! :eep:).

Goldenboko
10-03-2007, 11:25 AM
A shower a day keeps the stink away!

Breine
10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I like taking showers.. It's very relaxing - and I shower once a day.

Jess
10-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I love taking showers! I shower everyday and I wash my hair everyday, too. I have fine hair so my hair looks better if it is washed more.

I shower twice a day if I'm going somewhere nice in the evening after a busy day, or if I've been swimming/done some sport. I spend forever in the shower, sometimes. :jess:

Loony BoB
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I have very thick, medium (for a guy) length hair - just long enough to need a shower every day. If I don't, it gets pushed around by my pillow and won't go back into place until I wet it again. And when I wet my hair and don't use shampoo, it feels stiff.

If you feel that bad from a shower then it's entirely possible that you need to use a different shampoo/conditioner/soap/whatever. There are so many out there - some for dry hair to keep it oily, some for oily hair to keep it dry, etc. If you use oily hair shampoo when your hair is dry in the first place then obviously it's going to get even drier, so that's no good. I'm sure you can figure out what it is that you need to do.

Soap is a similar thing - some of them will dry you out more than others. But I would also suggest trying a slightly colder shower. I find hot water leaves me dry and lukewarm water doesn't. Of course, I personally don't care and just have the hot shower anyway, because I like it.

Bunny
10-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I loathe showers but I still take them on a regular basis. Can't due certain deeds when your roommate is constantly in your room, if you get my drift.

The Ceej
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I have very thick, medium (for a guy) length hair - just long enough to need a shower every day. If I don't, it gets pushed around by my pillow and won't go back into place until I wet it again. And when I wet my hair and don't use shampoo, it feels stiff.

Yeah. I totally need to wash my hair every day. If I don't, it won't do anything. It'll just look like crap and won't even lay on my head. If I wet it, it'll lay down, but it still looks pretty bad. I can wash it, but then it'll still be all crappy. So, I wash and condition my hair every day and it looks great. It does this thing with a curl on the one side with little effort, and with a little more, I can compliment that on the other. So, yeah. Wash and condition your hair every day. Just make sure the shampoo and conditioner is right for you.

I have to wash AND condition my hair every day, otherwise it gets impossible to handle. Just today I didn't get enough conditioner in my hair and when I combed it through I pulled out a small hank of hair.

Seems this is a common problem. People needing to wash and condition their hair every day. I'm pretty sure you must be doing something wrong if your hair looks better when you haven't had a shower.

Momiji
10-03-2007, 06:55 PM
I shower pretty much every other day, because I never really do anything overexerting and I rarely if ever sweat doing anything.

I wash my hair every day though, sometimes twice. If not, it gets all oily and stringy. Eww.

Storm San
10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I hate it when I have to stop taking a shower . I.e. when I am done with it. Hot water is soothing .

mooglebunni608
10-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Seems this is a common problem. People needing to wash and condition their hair every day. I'm pretty sure you must be doing something wrong if your hair looks better when you haven't had a shower.
I doubt that. Actually, over-washing dries out hair and sometimes makes it frizzy, and the less you wash your hair the healthier it'll be.
People who wash their hair every day seem to NEED conditioner, which counters the dryness ><

cloud21zidane16
10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I love taking showers in the evening everynight, that way i can get in bed feeling clean:)

Tavrobel
10-03-2007, 08:01 PM
I take a shower every night. I feel so clean and awesome afterwards.

The Ceej
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I doubt that. Actually, over-washing dries out hair and sometimes makes it frizzy, and the less you wash your hair the healthier it'll be.
People who wash their hair every day seem to NEED conditioner, which counters the dryness ><

First of all, I suck for not catching this typo before someone quoted me. I wonder how many others I've missed on the forum.

No. I know how my hair works. If I don't wash it, it's all frizzy and nasty. It won't do anything. I look terrible. If I do wash it, I need to condition it, otherwise, same problem. If I wash and condition it, it looks fantastic. And it seems everyone with great hair does the same. I'm sure someone will jump on me and tell me I'm wrong on that point. I don't care. I wouldn't have even replied if I hadn't made a terrible typo that I had to address.

Ashi
10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't wash my hair everyday but I do shower at least once a day. My hair also looks weird if washed every day. Then again, I wash it 5 out of 7 times a week so that sort of says something.

Levian
10-03-2007, 09:49 PM
The stupid thing about showers is that they don't last forever. Don't ya just hate it when you have to turn the hot delicious watery water off and go out in the stupid dry reality and be all cold and wet? I do :(

Shiny
10-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I shower daily and it's great. Though I don't wash my hair in a week or two. It gets too dry and unmanageable if I wash it too frequently.

Zeldy
10-07-2007, 01:15 AM
I shower every other day, that's quite frequent for me as I find them really boring and repetitive. I wash my hair everytime I shower, and its just such a bugger as I have to use like 2 shampoos and a conditioner and then dry it and straighten it. It'd take too long to do everyday as my hair is really thick, and would also ruin my hair. If I don't wash my hair, I just wash my fringe - I know it sounds stupid, but as the hair is thin there it shows.

I couldnt be arsed having one everyday, I wake up early enough as it is without having to get up even earlier to wash/dry/straighten. Not straightning just isnt an option.

Iceglow
10-07-2007, 01:53 AM
I shower everyday when possible. I also wash my hair every day when possible this is because I use quite a bit of hair gel or other products (wax/styling mousse/hairspray...whatever keeps it spiked) and if I don't use shampoo they don't wash out properly...nothing feels or looks worse than 3 day old hair gel in your spiked up hair.

Woodinator
10-07-2007, 02:01 AM
I shower 1-2 times a day...otherwise my hair gets all oily and i can't stand that feeling...plus it's pretty disgusuting if you don't shower after running long distances :P

41-Inches-Wide
10-07-2007, 02:11 AM
I always take a cold shower in the morning to energize me and a hot bath before going to sleep. I love showers. I love smelling like soap and shampoo!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-07-2007, 03:01 AM
I take a shower every other day usually. If it's been a really hot, like in the summer, I take a shower every day. Other than that, it's every other day.

I don't wash my hair every day, I do it once or twice a week, seeing as my hair is very curly, it'd get really dry and frizzy if I did everyday.

tidus_rox
10-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Yay for showers! once day... I skip a day sometimes, though :P

Ouch!
10-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Two to three times a day ever since I got to college. Once when I wake up and once before I go to sleep. Occasionally I'll take a shower in the middle of the day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have to walk to a doctor's office 'bout twenty minutes away. It's so ridiculously hot outside I always have to take a shower afterwards so I don't reek.

Peter_20
10-07-2007, 12:00 PM
I haven't taken a shower for two days now, and right now I feel gross and unattractive as hell. :(

Showers ftw, I usually take them once a day.

Heath
10-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Usually every day for me though I only tend to wash my hair properly every other day as there's no need to do it all the time. In terms of enjoyment, I find baths to be more relaxing but it's very rare that I actually have one.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I shower every day. I prefer feeling refreshed over feeling like I was just beaten with a club over my entire body.

Remon
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I shower once a day.
Mostly because the road to school is dirt and it's so hot here you get all sweat.
:p

Slothy
10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I shower once a day. Twice if I work out, which come to think of it, is about 6 days a week. I guess I'll change that answer to twice a day.

Jimsour
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
1. Do you use conditioner?
2. Do you use any after products on your hair?

Honestly like, your hair is going to dry out if your not taking proper care of it.

I shower every day or at least every 2 days when I'm busy but it doesnt mean I always wash my hair. I cover it and restraighten it slightly when I'm dry because my hair is long or a fella and curls easily.

Caraliz
10-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I shower when I feel like it.

Which is once a day. :P

Chimp
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I take an almost scalding hot shower every morning.

My hair does NOT look good greasy. I have floaty, layered hair that I don't like to be held down by grease :{

NeoTifa
10-08-2007, 01:37 AM
i know you are supposed to go 2-3 days w/o washing your hair so the natural oils can replenish, but i just cant handle it. w/ my dark brown hair, it just causes mayhem. and i sweat a lot (gross XD) so i shower everyday, or else i get pretty funky. man, i need to go pluck my eyebrows while im in there :\

daggertrepe
10-08-2007, 01:47 AM
I feel like a dirty...something when I don't take a shower.

I need one now, in fact.

NeoTifa
10-08-2007, 03:43 AM
oooooooooo u dirty little thang ;) jk

rubah
10-08-2007, 05:08 AM
I read about a girl that stopped shampooing her hair for a year and had wonderful results.

I don't see that there's really anything wrong with not washing often. Sometimes I only shower twice a week (usually though after a few days I start feeling oily (esp my hair. it'll get oily and start to get matted) so I have to take them out of necessity to placate my self-image, but if you don't have self-image issues, then you might as well bathe only as often as you want to. I mean you might eventually get people that avoid you from smell, but that depends on you and them and your relationships with each other.

People taking showers every day or more often is a modern luxury, not so much a necessity.

Peter_20
10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I hate sitting in my car when I'm feeling dirty; it feels even worse if my ears are swollen and my whole body itches. :eep:

Peegee
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
*notes names of all the dirty people who don't take showers*

ew

I take at least one shower a day. Once in the morning and once at night. I wash / condition my hair both times as well.

*has seck see hair*

^_^